Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After what Jed delivered for us under the most extremest of adversities this year please just give him what he wants. Bleeds for the club.

What does he want?

Iā€™m all for signing Jed up on a decent deal coming off a career best season, but it has to be within reason. Player managers have taken the p*** with our football administration for over a decade, and Iā€™d understand if they didnā€™t want to throw ridiculous money at Jed. He probably deserves 600x3 imo. If heā€™s asking for more then that, the club has every right to push back, especially considering he was brought in on pretty good money and has only really started giving back the last 2 years.

One thing is for sure, North are holding the line very well here. Were not letting anyone force our hand. Of course, there are risks attached and weā€™re setting ourselves up as a big target. However, letā€™s face it, weā€™d all be very annoyed if we let the media drive our agenda. Basically, everybody and anybody is predicting weā€™re going to be bottom of the ladder for the next few years. Well, letā€™s see. We can only outperform from here - based on the various predictions.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whatever the outcome we are always the target of negativity. Your post is the absolute
bottom line, cheers!
Excellent post!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie backing North in Tassie, saying it's a smart deal for a club going forward.

Get fā€™ed you self interested campaigners.
Not sure thatā€™s what he meant, I think he was saying if North play 11 games in Tas and 11 games in Melbourne and not travel to other stayes it would be a good deal in the current environment and I think in it worth thinking about

Not sure thatā€™s what he meant, I think he was saying if North play 11 games in Tas and 11 games in Melbourne and not travel to other stayes it would be a good deal in the current environment and I think in it worth thinking about

How the * would that work? As if the other clubs would agree to it.

Eddie backing North in Tassie, saying it's a smart deal for a club going forward.

Get fā€™ed you self interested campaigners.

Actually thought he kept Caro and McClure at bay and from putting the slipper right in, as usual. Although Caro couldn't help trying get her cheapies in by speaking over the top of him.

Who even watches this s**t?

Every comment Iā€™ve made is on the basis of me assuming their content and going from there.

10pm on a Wednesday night...I dunno. I donā€™t think FC has the clout that it thinks it does.

All good for Hutchy though, as it can fuel his radio stations content for the next 48 Hours.

This is what happens when there is a vacuum of information from our Club.

The space is filled with this rubbish/hysteria

pretty worrying if we canā€™t even have any representative making any comment on anything at the moment. šŸ˜•

Does Ben Buckley need to release the same ā€œwe are not relocatingā€ media statement every 6 weeks?

How does that work with interstate teams? I understand selling your own home gameS but how would it work with someone like Adelaidesā€˜s home game v North ?

Yep, that's what he meant, 11 games in Melbourne and 11 games in Tassie........ but it was only an example, nothing more. The "antagonist" on the panel, was up to the usual tricks.

How the fu** would that work? As if the other clubs would agree to it.
I donā€™t know how the other clubs would think about it, but if it an offer from the AFL and done together with the Tasmania Government, for only the next year or two, it would help the Club regain some of the loses from this year

just putting it out there.

Who even watches this sh*t?

Every comment Iā€™ve made is on the basis of me assuming their content and going from there.

10pm on a Wednesday night...I dunno. I donā€™t think FC has the clout that it thinks it does.

All good for Hutchy though, as it can fuel his radio stations content for the next 48 Hours.

It is a pantomime.

Who even watches this sh*t?

Your right I hate watching this crap, but I was changing channels and got sucked in, just at the wrong time.

You have to realise that actual footy is nowhere near - as in nowhere remotely near enough to justify the existence of 90% of the football commentariat.

They donā€™t need stories - they absolutely require stories to have a show, a podcast, a piece, a talkback topic, anything at all.

Strategy and analysis of matches and lists are like 10% of their content and they know it.

So what do they do? Make a comment, have a strong opinion and use that as the foundation of the next conversation.

Club refutes it? Who cares.
Club doesnā€™t comment. Must be true.

This is the game beyond the game.

I could develop an award winning syllabus to teach kids about political theory using the AFL as the analogy theorem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back