Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No numbers. No microphones. No names.

Just officiate the game.
Microphones are there for their internal review/training - broadcasters requested access as it adds to the game.

Done well, it could be a great addition to the call.

But instead of shutting themselves up and broadcast the ump explaining the decision, we have to put up with the incessant "play on!" and lots and lots of whistles.

Does Ben Buckley need to release the same “we are not relocating” media statement every 6 weeks?
I agree it gets tiresome, but it doesent have to be Ben & not to specifically to refute “re-location” only , but have someone taking about broad North issues and can water that issue down.

anyhow.....suggest it may have happened normally, but obviously some big issues being worked through at the moment

It is good coming from Eddie who 's club is handed everything on a platter. Remember him having a large whinge when they had one Sunday game versus an interstate club in Melbourne and no one showed. If these so called bigger Clubs are so strong then it shouldn't matter who and when they play. The fact is, it does matter, better time slots equals significant growth over time. The whole comp as most know is a joke. The 17 game a year concept is how it should stay but it won't.

Last edited:
Hopefully the rumours are true and we turned a profit for 2020 and then we can simply release that, coupled with our balance sheet, and then apply to relocate Caro.
It would be reassuring to hear something from the club, there are so many rumours doing the rounds I have no idea that is going on, with our coach The players and the board.

Regardless of whatever your position may be, it was as a pissweak shot over the bows from a club president.

Disingenuous deflection? Definitely.

Unwarranted tacit backing of a serial North hater?

Yep. Get ****ed.

I thought Ed did ok to shut her down a couple of times. He can’t risk directly joining in on her verbal diarrhoea due to his position.

Re tassie, I think everyone now knows there’s big money available for a club that wants to play half their games there. The option has been there for over a year for multiple clubs but Caro just desperately wants it to be North.

It’s a disgusting show with some evil/smart marketing behind it. Designed to cater towards the obnoxious, loud crowd and make its producers a quick buck.

It avoids all sense of ethics or solidarity. Scripted with fake stories with the co-host then shooting it down 10seconds later.

Ed joins in to give his club a free plug, he tries to join in on whatever outlandish narrative but does it with a laugh in an attempt to make it look like he’s joking. It doesn’t work and drags him down even further.

The show is otherwise filled with low lifes who have sold their soul to make a living but wouldn’t get a gig elsewhere.

It’s the ‘Fox News’ of AFL, has a negative impact on the industry and should be banned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is good coming from Eddie who 's club is handed everything on a platter. Remember him having a large whinge when they had one Sunday game versus an interstate club in Melbourne and no one showed. If these so called bigger Clubs are so strong then it shouldn't matter who and when they play. The fact is, it does matter, better time slots equals significant growth over time. The whole comp as most know is a joke. The 17 game a year concept is how it should stay but it won't.

It was a Sunday night game vs Carlton and his beetroot head was even redder than usual because they got 35/40k through the gates. ******* baby.

Not sure that’s what he meant, I think he was saying if North play 11 games in Tas and 11 games in Melbourne and not travel to other stayes it would be a good deal in the current environment and I think in it worth thinking about
Absolutely cannot stand how Hutchy (and now McGuire) peddle this.

In what world would the AFL allow one of its teams to never travel to WA, SA etc? Don't fall for the spin, once the club moves, that's it for North Melbourne.

The basis of the segment was that someone (Pridham??) put to the AFL at a meeting with Presidents that the AFL should hold an independent review of the total AFL competition including the AFL itself. Looking at the number of teams, Player association, funding, etc. Two Qld & NSW clubs, St Kilda and North were mentioned. From there it was about North.

Eddie, who was at the meeting did attempt to be positive about us but did say all Clubs should look at the opportunities and that North should consider what opportunities Tasmania could present exampling 11 Tasmania games and 11 Melbourne games.

North to Tassie is on the table within a much larger restructure of the AFL.

We need to watch how this progresses.

You have to realise that actual footy is nowhere near - as in nowhere remotely near enough to justify the existence of 90% of the football commentariat.

They don’t need stories - they absolutely require stories to have a show, a podcast, a piece, a talkback topic, anything at all.

Strategy and analysis of matches and lists are like 10% of their content and they know it.

So what do they do? Make a comment, have a strong opinion and use that as the foundation of the next conversation.

Club refutes it? Who cares.
Club doesn’t comment. Must be true.

This is the game beyond the game.

I could develop an award winning syllabus to teach kids about political theory using the AFL as the analogy theorem.

perhaps you and Snake could join heads and jointly author a paper for the Journal of Applied Sports Psychology, plenty on here that would be willing to peer review it 😉

Not sure that’s what he meant, I think he was saying if North play 11 games in Tas and 11 games in Melbourne and not travel to other stayes it would be a good deal in the current environment and I think in it worth thinking about

Let's take our Norths hats off for a second.

Can someone explain to me how North playing 11 games in Tasmania assists the competition?

Pridham has short memory. Swans were propped up by AFL for decades.

What do you mean "were"?

They are still on ****ing training wheels!

Not one of the other sycophantic talking heads on the “show” said “The Tassie Government and it’s voting electorate have made it very clear that they want a new team they can call their own, not a relocated one.”

Grain of salt stuff. Even Ed himself said “North are an independent club who can look after their own direction” (or similar). That’s where it ended afaic.

The basis of the segment was that someone (Pridham??) put to the AFL at a meeting with Presidents that the AFL should hold an independent review of the total AFL competition including the AFL itself. Looking at the number of teams, Player association, funding, etc. Two Qld & NSW clubs, St Kilda and North were mentioned. From there it was about North.

Eddie, who was at the meeting did attempt to be positive about us but did say all Clubs should look at the opportunities and that North should consider what opportunities Tasmania could present exampling 11 Tasmania games and 11 Melbourne games.

North to Tassie is on the table within a much larger restructure of the AFL.

We need to watch how this progresses.

I'd wager StKilda and North weren't mentioned at the meeting and she tossed it in herself.

I'd wager StKilda and North weren't mentioned at the meeting and she tossed it in herself.

Well Ed himself said we weren’t mentioned and of all people on tonight’s show he was the only one who attended said meeting. She of course ploughed on regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back