Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s an insult to us pole smokers.
Anyway, would anyone recommend Kayo? Looking to finally wean myself off the Poxtel.
Best thing I did in 2020. Works perfectly on iPhone as much as a TV. Great docos. All sport plus all the Poxtel standard Sports channels right down the bottom of the interface.

ps Their Test coverage was better than Severns but you had to tolerate “I Me Warne”

AFL 2021: The players ready to take the next step at your club

NORTH MELBOURNE

It has taken some time, largely due to some frustrating injuries, but Luke Davies-Uniacke’s finish to the season was one of the highlights of a poor North Melbourne year. The dashing midfielder has endured a frustrating start to his AFL career but some of his darting runs through the middle late showed the onballer’s confidence is rising at the top level. He was even likened to West Coast and Carlton champion Chris Judd for his toe.

There are some superstar qualities there, and when you also consider Tarryn Thomas’s trick bag in the forward half, Cameron Zurhaar and Jed Anderson’s physicality, Jy Simpkin’s class and the run of Bailey Scott, there is plenty to work with already.

Nick Larkey has some Drew Petrie-traits, too. This young crop may have flown under the radar a touch over the past 12 months but there is some developing star power.

North made some savage list cuts by parting with 14 senior players but you can’t have the most 26 to 29-year-old players in the league and finish 17th without taking major action. Like the boldness. North may have been stuck in no man’s land in the middle part of the ladder for a few years but the new administration has set a clear direction.

Who wrote this?
Knows what his talking about.

AFL 2021: The players ready to take the next step at your club

NORTH MELBOURNE

It has taken some time, largely due to some frustrating injuries, but Luke Davies-Uniacke’s finish to the season was one of the highlights of a poor North Melbourne year. The dashing midfielder has endured a frustrating start to his AFL career but some of his darting runs through the middle late showed the onballer’s confidence is rising at the top level. He was even likened to West Coast and Carlton champion Chris Judd for his toe.

There are some superstar qualities there, and when you also consider Tarryn Thomas’s trick bag in the forward half, Cameron Zurhaar and Jed Anderson’s physicality, Jy Simpkin’s class and the run of Bailey Scott, there is plenty to work with already.

Nick Larkey has some Drew Petrie-traits, too. This young crop may have flown under the radar a touch over the past 12 months but there is some developing star power.

North made some savage list cuts by parting with 14 senior players but you can’t have the most 26 to 29-year-old players in the league and finish 17th without taking major action. Like the boldness. North may have been stuck in no man’s land in the middle part of the ladder for a few years but the new administration has set a clear direction.

Feel like that exact article appeared in the Hun a couple of weeks ago?

Making the game safer isn’t just to protect current and future player wellfair but also to ensure participation levels remain strong.

if its unsafe, kids will be turned to basketball and soccer, etc.

we want to keep the physicality but also limit the serious /debilitating injuries. It’s a tough balance.

If the kids are smart, they will be turning to football and basketball anyway.

That’s an insult to us pole smokers.
Anyway, would anyone recommend Kayo? Looking to finally wean myself off the Poxtel.

yeah it’s good, live sport can be scratchy (I tend to watch in 1min delay) but it’s fine to great if you like watching multiple events at once.

the Kayo mini is a great way to watch sport if you are time poor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wife: What do you read about on BigFooty when there's no football being played?

Me: You really don't want to know.

This opens a whole new field of investigation but................

Youtube segment by Luke Stubbs: Why North Melbourne could exceed your expectations for 2021

Based on my take of my previously viewed supporter football analyses which I rate between 0-3/10, I give this one a solid 8/10.

The bloke has actually thought it through beyond the generic repetitive cliches.

Last edited:
Youtube segment by Luke Stubbs: Why North Melbourne could exceed your expectations for 2021

Don't agree 100% but it's well thought out, reasoned and has more analysis than almost every professional evaluation I've seen. Why we can't get similar nuanced quality out of the professional industry of backslapping boysclub commentary I have no idea.

He can see us winning 7 games on the back of a good defence and midfield plus of course better coaching than we have had in the past few years.

It was a pretty good summary and is close to the mark for this time of the year.

Agree. I can see that many wins - or more - all going well ie. the gameplan is well suited to our selection / talent and that we don't lose any significant top end talent where we are now more exposed. Cunnington comes in but we've lost Higgins so would need full seasons out him and the likes of LDU, Simpkin, Goldy, McKay, Tarrant, Larkey and others that we're expecting to be the base of the team now. Get on a roll and we could pinch quite a few games but with our depth now all very inexperienced it could collapse very easily with the wrong lost players at the wrong times of the year.

Yeh agree with everyone's takes. Although not perfect, incredible insight for someone who clearly does this for the passion not a career.

It's refreshing to here analytical thought put into a video about us. it has a focus on outside influences ie Noble's appointment and his past industry experience (and results) mixed with detailed knowledge of our list.

He actually talked about why perez is more important to our back 6 than hayden.

overall, very impressive for a youtube video.

Don't agree 100% but it's well thought out, reasoned and has more analysis than almost every professional evaluation I've seen. Why we can't get similar nuanced quality out of the professional industry of backslapping boysclub commentary I have no idea.

Agree. I can see that many wins - or more - all going well ie. the gameplan is well suited to our selection / talent and that we don't lose any significant top end talent where we are now more exposed. Cunnington comes in but we've lost Higgins so would need full seasons out him and the likes of LDU, Simpkin, Goldy, McKay, Tarrant, Larkey and others that we're expecting to be the base of the team now. Get on a roll and we could pinch quite a few games but with our depth now all very inexperienced it could collapse very easily with the wrong lost players at the wrong times of the year.
Doesn't sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back