Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
**mod edit - new thread as old one reached 10k. Fire away

$4m a year now?

This gets bigger by the month.
Rubbish, it's always been 4 million a year. Read the articles. 8 million with Hawthorn (4 mill each)

The Mercury Newspaper:
Taxpayers fork out about $8 million per year for the government's Hawthorn and North Melbourne deals, which see the Hawks play games at the University of Tasmania Stadium in Launceston and the Kangaroos play at Blundstone Arena at Bellerive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Rubbish, it's always been 4 million a year. Read the articles. 8 million with Hawthorn (4 mill each)

The Mercury Newspaper:
Taxpayers fork out about $8 million per year for the government's Hawthorn and North Melbourne deals, which see the Hawks play games at the University of Tasmania Stadium in Launceston and the Kangaroos play at Blundstone Arena at Bellerive.

I think I heard that North get $800K a match.

Tasmania profits from the stimulus.

$4m a year now?

This gets bigger by the month.
Depends what we class as “The Deal” We get 900k for a “community service obligation.” We most likely get close to that from TT lines. State gov would chip in, then there’s sponsors, gate takings and membership. The deal is easily worth 4 mil per year.

Depends what we class as “The Deal” We get 900k for a “community service obligation.” We most likely get close to that from TT lines. State gov would chip in, then there’s sponsors, gate takings and membership. The deal is easily worth 4 mil per year.
Correct! It's Clean stadium "as such", people forget that, so it adds up. It's why we like the deal so much (in simple terms).

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I posted it on the main board but it's worth repeating here: this move by the AFL isn't unprecedented in a global sporting context. The English Premier League introduced a concussion sub midseason this year in response to recommendations from IFAB. There's a movement in all contact sports around the world to do more around concussion. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As I said above, the Premier League, probably the biggest sports league in the world, did it midseason. I think we can deal with it before the games even start.
That doesn't make it a non-reactionary move delivered on the eve of the season.

Personally I just find it funny because we had a sub rule for a few years only to shitcan it because coaches were throwing a sook about players not being able to stay match fit due to it.

For the record I fully understand and actually support the change (in theory!), but I'm still forced to deliver an almighty eye roll and can't help but wonder just how they're going to * the implementation up.

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That doesn't make it a non-reactionary move delivered on the eve of the season.

Personally I just find it funny because we had a sub rule for a few years only to shitcan it because coaches were throwing a sook about players not being able to stay match fit due to it.

For the record I fully understand and actually support the change (in theory!), but I'm still forced to deliver an almighty eye roll and can't help but wonder just how they're going to fu** the implementation up.
Yeah, I mean if it happens I think it absolutely must be brought in alongside AFL-appointed doctors overseeing every single game and them being the ones making the decision about ruling a player out. Like, I know 99% of AFL club doctors will be ethical, but to remove all temptation it should be an impartial decision.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah, I mean if it happens I think it absolutely must be brought in alongside AFL-appointed doctors overseeing every single game and them being the ones making the decision about ruling a player out. Like, I know 99% of AFL club doctors will be ethical, but to remove all temptation it should be an impartial decision.
Biggest stumbling block for that is I'm pretty sure the AFL only has one medical practitioner at the ground, hence why you always see club staff etc come out to assist when an umpire has a particularly bad incident.

Jul 27, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Watching making their mark.

leon Cameron sucks at man management. Also cogniglio isn’t a captain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait until the coaches get a hold of this. Clarkson will be down on the bench, hitting guys that don't spread over the head with a wrench.
Doesn't need a wrench, the Birdman. Just ask Ian Aitken 🙃

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
Watching making their mark.

leon Cameron sucks at man management. Also cogniglio isn’t a captain

With the level of talent GWS have had, its ludicrous that he hasn’t been able to salute in a GF.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Let’s be honest -

it also highlights how ******* good a skipper Simmo would have been

Friends, Family, Flags!

The sooner we get him back to Arden Street, the better.

It was idiocy letting him slip to W.A. because the board was mesmerized by Scott.

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
The sooner we get him back to Arden Street, the better.

It was idiocy letting him slip to W.A. because the board was mesmerized by Scott.
Suspect he might be set there. Then again if they have a flat season or two the natives will get restless.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back