Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your family could afford boots? Or did you take turns wearing the one pair of 'team boots' donated by the local toff, like we did?
They were my cousins. He got them off his older brother. Doubt he got 'em new.

The first game I played was a bit rough. Took the boot off - sock was covered in blood. Had to get the stop nails bent in as there were a couple sticking up. Then cardboard innersoles.

I still have an innersole obsession - there is hardly a pair of shoes I've had that I don't put better innersoles in.

Or a subtle threat to allow local crowds and not hold them back which would mitigate gate takings.

Could be, wouldn't rule it out of the crony AFL's handbook of doing a deal.

Can't imagine Gil having enough leverage to force them to give in however, unless footy really does bring in that much money for the state which to some extent it would need.

He was over the line. A trip to NZ was manufactured to buy him off and rort the cap.
Heard an interview with his manager (can’t remember his name) on sen early in the season, he was very much leaning towards coming to nm, it was late that Richmond upped their offer which ended up being just under what north offered and in the end it was his manager that talked him into staying because he believed that playing for Richmond would create better and more lucrative opportunities in the long run.
Straight from the horses mouth.

Heard an interview with his manager (can’t remember his name) on sen early in the season, he was very much leaning towards coming to nm, it was late that Richmond upped their offer which ended up being just under what north offered and in the end it was his manager that talked him into staying because he believed that playing for Richmond would create better and more lucrative opportunities in the long run.
Straight from the horses mouth.

Yep plus the deal with puma

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back