Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
She said it though H2H and needs to be held to account for what she delivered whether or not she was doing city hall's bidding.

If this was Kane Cornes there'd be no qualification when judging his content.
100% she should be held to account, but the issue is wider than just her. Also the fact she is, as always, doing city hall’s bidding makes it worse for me. I heard Andy Maher on SEN disagreeing with her but saying how much he generally admires her for acting “without fear or favour” - no fear, sure, but there aren‘t many journalists who operate on such a favour quid pro quo basis.

Unpopular opinion. I don't think wingard not being served at a car dealership had anything to do with ethnicity. Not in Melbourne. The most multiculturaled place. Being in your early 20's and wearing casual clothes isn't going to draw a dealers attention. A young family. Well that's a no brainier.

Unpopular opinion. I don't think wingard not being served at a car dealership had anything to do with ethnicity. Not in Melbourne. The most multiculturaled place. Being in your early 20's and wearing casual clothes isn't going to draw a dealers attention. A young family. Well that's a no brainier.

It's a leap.

I have t watched the video, I don’t want to give dildo and more clicks.....but anybody been to a car dealership the last 12 months.....they dont serve anybody. Absolutely *ing full of themselves these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A compliment for Zurhaar but a put down of the club,Dildo is nearly back to normal after a few weeks of positive words

1623970798341.jpeg

IF ...
Cam Zurhaar played for a good team ...

THEN ...
he'd have a massive profile. Ticks a lot of boxes, this guy, particularly the have-a-crack box.

A compliment for Zurhaar but a put down of the club,Dildo is nearly back to normal after a few weeks of positive words

View attachment 1157651

IF ...

THEN ...
he'd have a massive profile. Ticks a lot of boxes, this guy, particularly the have-a-crack box.

To be fair, we are not a good team right now

After Damian "Gil's Spunkrag" Barrett implied we misused the midseason draft by taking a player who won't immediately improve us (he didn't seem to be concerned about other clubs taking guys like Max Heath or Ned Moyle though) - I thought I'd check in on how he processed the 2019 draft.

Pick #2 - Gold Coast selected a kid who missed out in the previous national draft. Not a scrap of smartarsery or comment out of him about it though.

Conclusion: Damian Barrett is confirmed as a virus

View attachment 1157651

IF ...

THEN ...
As opposed to Damo, who ticks the "is-a-crack" box.

What a ******* idiot.
Cam's had 3 consistent weeks. He dishes out a shot at the club being sh*t? It should have read something like;

IF Cam could keep up his newly found consistency.
THEN He could be a big part in North roo-surging up the ladder sooner than expected.
IF...
You think Barrett would write something like that

THEN...
You haven't being paying attention.

I absolutely love these insights from current players. The whole piece is good, but:

"The most physical player to play on? ... Josh Kennedy

The only other player which really rivals Kennedy in the strength and physicality stakes is North Melbourne's Ben Cunnington. He's got quite similar attributes and is so difficult to move when you're in a one-on-one contest with him. You pretty much just hope to break even around the stoppages with these guys!"

AFL Josh Dunkley Western Bulldogs - The five hardest players to match up against in the AFL (espn.com.au)

I absolutely love these insights from current players. The whole piece is good, but:

"The most physical player to play on? ... Josh Kennedy

The only other player which really rivals Kennedy in the strength and physicality stakes is North Melbourne's Ben Cunnington. He's got quite similar attributes and is so difficult to move when you're in a one-on-one contest with him. You pretty much just hope to break even around the stoppages with these guys!"

AFL Josh Dunkley Western Bulldogs - The five hardest players to match up against in the AFL (espn.com.au)
There's also a good article by RoCo under that one, pretty much calling Mumford out as a cheap shotting thug.

There's also a good article by RoCo under that one, pretty much calling Mumford out as a cheap shotting thug.

Which brings us to another example from Round 13, not for the first time involving GWS veteran Shane Mumford.

There's certainly a growing view among football fans (and I'm with them on it), that Mumford's alleged "clumsiness" has long since become a more disturbing tendency to indulge in cheap shots, well outside the run of play, and often involving players not only left wide open and vulnerable, but considerably lighter and smaller than him.

It's been going on a while, and on Sunday against North Melbourne, "Big Mummy", as commentators still chortle affectionately every time it happens, did it again.

First, he coat-hangered Tarryn Thomas after the whistle had been blown for a free kick. Shortly afterwards, he ploughed into Jy Simpkin, who was helpless on the ground, Mumford's forearm narrowly missing Simpkin's head. The upshot was a mere $1000 fine for misconduct (in the Thomas incident).

Tarryn Thomas cops a high tackle from Giants ruckman Shane Mumford. Mark Metcalfe/AFL Photos/via Getty Images
Simpkin wasn't hurt. Thomas got up straight away and played on. So with the consequences minimal, there was nothing dealt out but a slap on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf.

Mumford ... picks off a guy running with the ball after the whistle has blown and play stopped. Then "falls" into the back of another opponent, lying on the ground, who can't see him coming. His intent isn't to actually win possession. It's just to hurt someone. Or, it seems, if you're a former player turned caller inevitably guffawing about Mumford's "clumsiness" or how he once ate a lot of sausages, "making 'em earn it!"

I have t watched the video, I don’t want to give dildo and more clicks.....but anybody been to a car dealership the last 12 months.....they dont serve anybody. Absolutely f*n full of themselves these days.

It’s a great observation... I went to buy a car and ended up so pissed at the w***ers that tried to assist me, I now take Uber everywhere and am very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back