Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When people donate money at the ground for the Good Friday appeal do you get receipts? If not then I would assume the AFL makes the donation on your behalf and claims a tax deduction?

When people donate money at the ground for the Good Friday appeal do you get receipts? If not then I would assume the AFL makes the donation on your behalf and claims a tax deduction?
No need as the AFL has NFP tax status.

DAMO (dildo) is now our best mate

IF ...
Zurhaar and Thomas are two of the four ins ...

THEN ...
the Roos are a sneaky chance against the once-mighty Richmond. These two are very nice players, and have had good seasons.
I think there’s been rapprochement of sorts around the time Noble jumped on the Sunday footy show a while back. Has only been positive towards us since.

I think there’s been rapprochement of sorts around the time Noble jumped on the Sunday footy show a while back. Has only been positive towards us since.
He was positive for a month after the Ben Amarfio one on one interview too, then regular service resumed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Is North Melbourne the best wooden spooner this century?

The Kangaroos will enter 2022 with elite key talls – Ben McKay, Cam Zurhaar and Nick Larkey – as well as a couple of boom kids in Jacob Edwards and Charlie Comben.

And then consider the elite mids strutting their stuff – Luke Davies-Uniacke (38 possessions v Richmond), Jy Simpkin (34 touches) and Tarryn Thomas, plus the upside in Will Phillips, Tom Powell and Jaidyn Stephenson.

Unless something extraordinary occurs with the Roos, two games and 12 percentage points behind Hawthorn, they will secure SANFL star Jason Horne to add even more hardness and polish.

A.M. wireless;
. 2MP is the next Tony Lockett
. Mulleted ruckman will surpass Dempsey
. Rutten is Jock McHale

🙄

The Kangaroos will enter 2022 with elite key talls – Ben McKay, Cam Zurhaar and Nick Larkey – as well as a couple of boom kids in Jacob Edwards and Charlie Comben.

And then consider the elite mids strutting their stuff – Luke Davies-Uniacke (38 possessions v Richmond), Jy Simpkin (34 touches) and Tarryn Thomas, plus the upside in Will Phillips, Tom Powell and Jaidyn Stephenson.

Unless something extraordinary occurs with the Roos, two games and 12 percentage points behind Hawthorn, they will secure SANFL star Jason Horne to add even more hardness and polish.

The general perception of the list has clearly changed since the bye. Throw in a marquee draft pick and even the mouths of the laziest dumb *s media street feeds will be spouting the typically lazy glowing praise "youth" "excitement" best midfield in 5 years" etc etc..

That actually does more for member numbers, and kids getting bullied on the school yard 😏 than a Rd 21 win over Richmond.

The short sightedness of 'win every game' strikes again.

The general perception of the list has clearly changed since the bye. Throw in a marquee draft pick and even the mouths of the laziest dumb fu**s media street feeds will be spouting the typically lazy glowing praise "youth" "excitement" best midfield in 5 years" etc etc..

That actually does more for member numbers, and kids getting bullied on the school yard 😏 than a Rd 21 win over Richmond.

The short sightedness of 'win every game' strikes again.
I like most of this post a lot - but unexpectedly winning games (rather than putting up brave losses) is what created this buzz, so <insert random win for us> is not meaningless at all.

I like most of this post a lot - but unexpectedly winning games (rather than putting up brave losses) is what created this buzz, so <insert random win for us> is not meaningless at all.

It's the balance though isn't it. The club decided to win less games now for the greater good.

The club decided it wanted to rebuild through the draft, not top up.

The club is sitting bottom 3 by design.

What is unique to our case, it that our spoon finish seems to be coinciding with our uptick trajectory, rather than getting smashed with an aging list and a truly bleak 5 year lull down the bottom, our
dip down this year was exacerbated by injuries to senior players.

Thankfully, we flew under the radar due to covid no crowds and the general turmoil that has caused.

The downside may be however, added difficulty in assessing draft talent due to poor accessibility.

Im just glad that hopefully after one more game, the off season hand is locked in at being the highest currency possible. Wether they trade or draft at pick 1, at least they've given the list management crowd the upper hand in every deal they approach.

While positive outlook is sky high, we still have a few holes here and there, so some work still remains...however, I can't understate how glad I am they've given themselves every chance to consolidate the build this off-season with the currency they have.

Fingers crossed Chom, Corr, cunnington are firing in 2022. Hopefully Tarrant bounces back, but I think his influence has peaked.

It's the balance though isn't it. The club decided to win less games now for the greater good.

The club decided it wanted to rebuild through the draft, not top up.

The club is sitting bottom 3 by design.

What is unique to our case, it that our spoon finish seems to be coinciding with our uptick trajectory, rather than getting smashed with an aging list and a truly bleak 5 year lull down the bottom, our
dip down this year was exacerbated by injuries to senior players.

Thankfully, we flew under the radar due to covid no crowds and the general turmoil that has caused.

The downside may be however, added difficulty in assessing draft talent due to poor accessibility.

Im just glad that hopefully after one more game, the off season hand is locked in at being the highest currency possible. Wether they trade or draft at pick 1, at least they've given the list management crowd the upper hand in every deal they approach.

While positive outlook is sky high, we still have a few holes here and there, so some work still remains...however, I can't understate how glad I am they've given themselves every chance to consolidate the build this off-season with the currency they have.

Fingers crossed Chom, Corr, cunnington are firing in 2022. Hopefully Tarrant bounces back, but I think his influence has peaked.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see the other teams down the bottom do a clean out like we did last year.

Well, this is a nice change from 'is North the worst team in the modern era?'.

6. Jye Simpkin:

The Roos have been off-Broadway at the bottom of the ladder for most of this year so only those paying close attention will have seen the quiet emergence of a very good, very young midfield.

Luke Davies-Uniacke and Tarryn Thomas are part of it but Simpkin might be the best of all of them - his dancing feet in heavy traffic finding holes in opposition pressure you can’t see.

He had Richmond at their wits end for half a game. Finished with 34 disposals. He is going at 27 disposals per game in 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back