Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ben Brown plays for us this year we possibly wouldn’t have Jacob Edwards, Horne coming in and as much leverage in the upcoming CCJ trade.
I’m really happy for Ben, but I’m also really comfortable with the decision we made.

If Ben Brown plays for us this year we possibly wouldn’t have Jacob Edwards, Horne coming in and as much leverage in the upcoming CCJ trade.
I’m really happy for Ben, but I’m also really comfortable with the decision we made.
If brown played for us this year we might not be the wooden spooners but we'd still be close and not picking up the best kid in the draft.
Good on him for winning a premiership but overall its but a win win for both sides.
Would rather have our situation with stevo and CCJ coming in than Ben brown TBH.

People shouldn't get over-sensitive, we don't need to be kicked while we are down, but the reality is we told Ben to go forth and multiply.

He will likely be towards the end of his career by the time we threaten, it would have left us vulnerable as we saw Collingwood try to contend without a key forward and it wasn't pretty.

The reality is that someone 28 years old is less important to a team starting to rebuild than to a team contending.
[/QUOTE
Spot on.

The reality is that someone 28 years old is less important to a team starting to rebuild than to a team contending.

I think in particular when that 28 year old is looking at taking 750k+ per year for the next 5 years. Brown going let's us pre load our cap over the next few years and continue to put money away for the finishing touches. It was still the right thing for us IMO.

Send Larkey down back, ''ZooHer' is a good key forward, Trade Cunnington - who the f*ck is this bloke lol

I'm unsure what is more baffling.

Ricky Nixon at one point being a major player agent.

Or Rendell being the top dog in Adelaide's recruiting department for over 5 years... He must have stolen a living based on his scouts work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6:40 in.
WHAT THE fu** IS THIS GUYS PROBLEM?? https://www.afl.com.au/news/682320/listen-star-hawk-forward-perfect-for-a-club-in-the-hitting-zone-

rambles on how Tarrant is a fantastic pick and will be good no matter the age, would have won 3-4 AA is he played for another team.

Then goes on to say that Richmond make players like Chol and CC look better than they are- “They won’t have the luxury of having some light around them”

You’d think CW actually writes his script for him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

WHAT THE fu** IS THIS GUYS PROBLEM?? https://www.afl.com.au/news/682320/listen-star-hawk-forward-perfect-for-a-club-in-the-hitting-zone-

rambles on how Tarrant is a fantastic pick and will be good no matter the age, would have won 3-4 AA is he played for another team.

Then goes on to say that Richmond make players like Chol and CC look better than they are- “They won’t have the luxury of having some light around them”
The real question is: WHY THE * DO YOU LISTEN TO HIM?

Purely from a trade POV this is great stuff. Means we should get excellent compo for Tarrant and Pick 69 should do the trick for CCJ. Also given how bad we clearly are (no light!?) hope the AFL were listening and throw in a few priority picks as well. Makes it all the sweeter when we start our rise back up the ladder.
Reality is so much of what is in the media is click bait designed to generate arguments, disagreement and division. Create outrage and keep the clicks, calls and views coming.

I thought most Richmond players looked pretty s**t this year to be honest.

I've said enough on here I'd have kept him and value him higher than most North posters.

However what you've said is well expressed and hard to argue with. Hopefully that short term pain promotes long term growth for us.

Honestly don't understand the venom towards Mark Robinson. Other than his * predilection and love for a tipple, he's generally a good-hearted footy fan and has generally been a friend of the NMFC.

Glad he's ok.
I'm with you. He's just a lad that's played a lot of footy and now talks about it passionately. Pretty much like everyone on here. My guess is people that bag him are just jealous that he's been able to make a living out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back