Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honestly think we need to find a way to get Q1's competitive on the scoreboard even if we can't sustain it over a whole game. It will completely change the tone of how we approach games if we are not out of it before the first quarter is even over.
Yeah agree. I was kind of joking a bit in my earlier post, but I actually DO think it should be a target KPI. If we can make better starts and remain competitive in the second quarter. The vibe is a lot different at half time. Then getting competitive in the 3rd quarter isn't that big a hurdle, and then focus on the 4th.

Surely McGuinness growth is in the NMBF wiki with Aaron Edwards 100 goals and shut up and buy a membership

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting comments from Matthew Lloyd about Clarko here:

“Any club who takes on ‘Clarko’ (Clarkson) has to be careful of what you’re going to lose with the soft cap. How many coaches you lose when you appoint Alastair Clarkson.

“I’d appoint Clarkson if I feel you’re going to be a top four side relatively quickly or straight away.

“I heard a comment Craig McRae made. He said, ‘When I coached with Clarkson at Hawthorn, I did a lot of work because we didn’t have many coaches. I go to Collingwood; I’ve got that many coaches because of the wage I’m on as the senior coach’.

“That’s what every club has to think about when they take him on, how much of the soft cap he’s going to take up with the wage he’d be on.”

“Any club who takes on ‘Clarko’ (Clarkson) has to be careful of what you’re going to lose with the soft cap. How many coaches you lose when you appoint Alastair Clarkson.

“I’d appoint Clarkson if I feel you’re going to be a top four side relatively quickly or straight away.

“I heard a comment Craig McRae made. He said, ‘When I coached with Clarkson at Hawthorn, I did a lot of work because we didn’t have many coaches. I go to Collingwood; I’ve got that many coaches because of the wage I’m on as the senior coach’.

“That’s what every club has to think about when they take him on, how much of the soft cap he’s going to take up with the wage he’d be on.”
So nothing will change then?
We've barely got coaches due to paying off the other guys already 🙄

Which is why he ends up at Gold Coast or GWS. They'll pay him a million bucks outside the cap for some BS ambassador role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back