Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the negative feelings always outweigh the positive feelings associated with the club, and in Carey's case it's bittersweet.

I don't see anything spiteful or hateful when he talks about the Kangaroos.
Maybe North Melbourne.

I've got a long memory mate and have tracked enough of his commentary (as in media and also his general expressed views) and he's not fussed about the club. He did a brief call to arms last year and even then stressed that he was never really passionate about the football club as an entity. In fairness he did show some support on that occasion though but it was the exception.

He holds some affection towards the playing group he was involved with and will turn up to club things when he's asked but don't imagine he'll be throwing money down for a paver or player sponsorship anytime soon.

On Pixel 4a (5G) using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know you're making good points in the rest of this post, ferbs, but honestly mate, it's still too soon. It's six years later and I still think about this every now and then and still get irrationally angry. The fact he got called for HTB too. fu** me, i just cant.
Yeah, its ****ed.

I guess the negative feelings always outweigh the positive feelings associated with the club, and in Carey's case it's bittersweet.

I don't see anything spiteful or hateful when he talks about the Kangaroos.
Maybe North Melbourne.

He’s a bandwagons when it comes to North; when we’re up he’s all over us but when we fumble or are down he’s hyper critical.

Bi Polar North Man

Anyone....

Would we really want someone with such a long history of domestic assault who did as much as he did to divide the club (stevo saga) to be leading the vanguard of support for the club in these times. Seriously, regardless of how good of a player he was, he shouldn't even have a platform to have his voice heard. He no longer represents the club and we should be glad about it.

Sorry , you entered the discussion a bit too late.
Completely out of context
Would we really want someone with such a long history of domestic assault who did as much as he did to divide the club (stevo saga) to be leading the vanguard of support for the club in these times. Seriously, regardless of how good of a player he was, he shouldn't even have a platform to have his voice heard. He no longer represents the club and we should be glad about it.

No disputing that.

We've got reception now, google maps putting this back on track.

I just don't notice the negativity that Carey has when commentating or in the media as others do, towards us.

Just seems like a North man, despite the torrid history.

Others see it differently.
Our best player hands down.

Judged purely as a supporter of the club, he's less important than anyone on this board.

Sorry , you entered the discussion a bit too late.
Completely out of context

I don't really see how - you're saying that you're unsure about how Carey feels about the club and whether he is a 'north melbourne person'. My response is that you shouldn't care either way as he (the person) is a piece of sh*t and really shouldn't want him to be one. Similarly, you shouldn't be concerned about how he uses his voice, rather, how he has manages to maintain one. that's all I'll say about the matter <3

Have you lived your life without regrets?
Congratulations the first person besides Jesus that i know off
I don't really see how - you're saying that you're unsure about how Carey feels about the club and whether he is a 'north melbourne person'. My response is that you shouldn't care either way as he (the person) is a piece of sh*t and really shouldn't want him to be one. Similarly, you shouldn't be concerned about how he uses his voice, rather, how he has manages to maintain one. that's all I'll say about the matter QUOTE]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind the loan system however there would need to be definite restrictions around it. In soccer all around the world you're allowed to make a emergency loan if you only have 1 senior keeper available. Reckon it would need to be similar. Looking at gold coast ruck crisis the loan from Richmond would be a perfect example wherein they're desperate and need a ruck

I do not buy into the fact that Brad Scott overachieved with his list at all. This was the lineup against West Coast in the prelim:

FB: Firrito, Tarrant, Hansen,
HB: Atley, Thompson, Wright
C: Dal Santo, Wells, Gibson
HF: Harvey, Petrie, Higgins,
FF: Waite, Brown, Thomas
R: Goldstein, Cunnington, Swallow
INT: Jacobs, Turner, Garner, MacMillan

Are you seriously telling me that's a 13 win side? There's six AA players in that side and I'd argue that Tarrant, Swallow, Wells, Cunnington, Brown, Thomas, Waite and Jacobs were all AA quality footballers at their best as well. How you can also lose two games in a season by 70+ points with that lineup is beyond me.
That game is 2nd behind the '94 prelim for the most disgusting umpiring I have ever witnessed.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Dermott is a good commentator. I do like how he called Smith out for his hypocrisy in terms of mental health treatment and awareness.
last week there was a thread about this stuff on the main board saying iot was time to rid of it cos players weren't allowed to deck other players in response. lol.

How does anyone not see the Duck as a true north blood?

Only Barrett I would question have true love and support for the club but King is the only die in the ditch media guy.

The rest try to be impartial or more generalist in their public persona regarding the club. Duck and JB have spoken out before and JB is a legend of course but in everyday commentary they don't go in to bat.

Have you lived your life without regrets?
Congratulations the first person besides Jesus that i know off
No I have regrets and I have made mistakes, they don't include sleeping with my best friends wife, getting busted for doing so at function while she was giving me fun times in the toilet, or incidents of domestic violence.

If he has truly changed his ways, good for him, but regardless of how good a player he was I have no need for him to have anything to do with the club. I hope he and the club find peace with each other, but full on involvement, no thanks

Brad had a senior position at the club, but the idea that he was the only person responsible for the recruitment and development of players is absurd. There would be plenty of people on six figures at the club who are employed primarily to carry out these tasks. The reality is he has been gone for 2 years now and we are seeing the same issues with players stagnating as we have in the past.
No we aren't. We have specifically seen Ben McKay and Luke McDonald come good. Curtis Taylor did well last season and TT and Bailey Smith are both becoming more involved in games. LDU is tracking nicely, his performance on the weekeend was better on a second viewing.

No we aren't. We have specifically seen Ben McKay and Luke McDonald come good. Curtis Taylor did well last season and TT and Bailey Smith are both becoming more involved in games. LDU is tracking nicely, his performance on the weekeend was better on a second viewing.

I think if you're going to use players drafted under Brad who came good under Shaw/Noble then it's only fair to use players drafted before Brad who came good under his watch (Cunnington, Tarrant, Goldstein, Swallow, Thompson, etc.)

No I have regrets and I have made mistakes, they don't include sleeping with my best friends wife, getting busted for doing so at function while she was giving me fun times in the toilet, or incidents of domestic violence.

If he has truly changed his ways, good for him, but regardless of how good a player he was I have no need for him to have anything to do with the club. I hope he and the club find peace with each other, but full on involvement, no thanks
mate this is a moral arguement thats been done since BF started.
I dont have the time nor the desire to go into it.

What is it with people and their moral high ground.

mate this is a moral arguement thats been done since BF started.
I dont have the time nor the desire to go into it.

What is it with people and their moral high ground.
Ehh i happy for you to want him back, that is what opinions are for. Just that for me he went too far, and while I am happy for he and the club to find peace with each other, so that he feels welcome enough to attend functions is as far as I would want it to go.

Its not moral high ground, its just fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. So I wouldn't let him get to any position within the club where he could do something like that again.

Ehh i happy for you to want him back, that is what opinions are for. Just that for me he went too far, and while I am happy for he and the club to find peace with each other, so that he feels welcome enough to attend functions is as far as I would want it to go.

Its not moral high ground, its just fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. So I wouldn't let him get to any position within the club where he could do something like that again.
Thats a judgement someone would make about an impulsive sexual predator.

Brad had a senior position at the club, but the idea that he was the only person responsible for the recruitment and development of players is absurd. There would be plenty of people on six figures at the club who are employed primarily to carry out these tasks. The reality is he has been gone for 2 years now and we are seeing the same issues with players stagnating as we have in the past.

good point re 2 years, it just goes to show changing what’s between a players ears is going to be the real challenge for Noble, not just getting them fit skilled up and onboard with a new game plan :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back