Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cautious with ball ?

Does that mean back to kicking down the line every time.
How about a bit of run and carry, especially given man on mark has to stand there till play on called. Brings wings into play, widest part of ground to defend with a zone press. Let fwds lead into the space,

Cautious with ball ?

Does that mean back to kicking down the line every time.

I think it means notbiting off that corridor 45 at every opportunity. When it’s there, great; but spread and playing with more width allows that kick to be safer and less telegraphed

We are not a skilled team. Never have been. Will we ever be ? Do we become a contested dour side ?

Probably not pretty but.......l know Tiges have just won 3 outta 4, but l'm coming around to their knock / tap / push it forward at all costs style.
won the bulldogs a flag as well. although there game was slightly different, they threw it forward at all cost.

We are not a skilled team. Never have been. Will we ever be ? Do we become a contested dour side ?

Probably not pretty but.......l know Tiges have just won 3 outta 4, but l'm coming around to their knock / tap / push it forward at all costs style.

Dogs and tigers have some elite kicks in their side to compliment the knock / tap / push it forward.

Hojuman this is where it's worth listening to the presser to get the context. Noble was referring to us always trying to use the corridor and the players have been reminded they can look up and use the width of the ground when appropriate.
Corridor first, but be sensible about it and no kamikaze it through if you are outnumbered in the corridor.

Hojuman this is where it's worth listening to the presser to get the context. Noble was referring to us always trying to use the corridor and the players have been reminded they can look up and use the width of the ground when appropriate.
Hmmm.... Decisions, decisions. Do I cente the ball, no - hang on, do I use the corridor, no - hang on, do I roost it as far as I can, no - hang on, I might probably think about chipping it backwards so some other bugger can think about this......???? Damn, caught HTB (again)!

I don’t get it. Has it been drummed in so much ahead of footy common sense?

But here’s the deal. The raised viewing platform of Tv and Grandstands gives the misguided view that kicking full pelt to a target is seemingly an easy task.

Go down to ground level and watch how difficult a task accurate disposal is on a congested field.

But hey, that’s wat the job is at this elite level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hang on.. are our players so dumb then!? I thought this had to be a directive from the coach to go for those kicks..but they have been told to be selective .. Geezus as it’s just not the young players doing it but senior ones too.

Meh - we have players who not AFL standard.
Hang on.. are our players so dumb then!? I thought this had to be a directive from the coach to go for those kicks..but they have been told to be selective .. Geezus as it’s just not the young players doing it but senior ones too.

Aaron Hall = Senior Player.

Says it all really.

Maybe he wants them to be instinctively prepared to attack down the corridor but capable of reading the play and not doing it when its inappropriate.

How about a bit of run and carry, especially given man on mark has to stand there till play on called. Brings wings into play, widest part of ground to defend with a zone press. Let fwds lead into the space,
Not to mention our hff play is diabolical

Run, carry, kick, mark, goal

Too *ing easy!

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back