Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Blighty could successfully coach anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Except sh*t Kilda.
In fairness, im not sure the greatest mastermind coaches in history could or ever could have helped that club to see AFL success. They choked on massive dick in 2010. Clearly the monster team in the comp and could not get the job done 😂 probably my favourite failure story of all time... and * failure to win a final in 6,090 odd days 😂

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And if you think Hester is wrong this was the line up for the Footy Show before it was cancelled

View attachment 1102992
An unfunny comedian, a female, a piss wreck who is lucky he isn’t in prison and a tennis player.

1/4 played footy at the highest level. The one who did is a moron.

None of them were indigenous.

And the best footy show was the Marngrook Footy Show. None of the bullshit that supposedly passes for entertainment, no agendas, just talking footy.
Its a capitalists approach. I enjoyed Marngrook too.. on the entertainment level, which ultimately makes share and stake holders wealthy. I did find marngrook informative however did not find it entertaining. I would choose Marngrook over the SFS any day though. Time slot didnt help em, perhaps they should of done a Sunday prematch show or a saturday mid day between game show. Perhaps they should lobby for another go... because ya get a go if ya have go.. unless you are .... (I *in hate Morrison, scumbag dog campaigner)

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And if you think Hester is wrong this was the line up for the Footy Show before it was cancelled

View attachment 1102992
An unfunny comedian, a female, a piss wreck who is lucky he isn’t in prison and a tennis player.

And the best footy show was the Marngrook Footy Show. None of the bullshit that supposedly passes for entertainment, no agendas, just talking footy.
Going by the process of elimination, the "unfunny comedian" must be Anthony Lehman.

I only realised this as he isn't to my knowledge a female, he didn't play AFL and he isn't a tennis player.

I would think there are real commedians who would be offended that he's called a commdian (unfunny for sure - but an unfunny self absorbed creep fits better).

ONE of footy’s greatest traditions - the banner - will make a welcome return for Saturday’s AFLW Grand Final between Adelaide and Brisbane at the Adelaide Oval.

Banners will also return for the AFL men’s competition from the start of Round 6.

The AFL ticked off approval on Thursday for cheersquads of competing clubs to make and erect the banners for teams to run through prior to the start of each match.

It will be the first time they will have been used in men’s football since the pre-COVID 2019 AFL Grand Final when Richmond defeated Greater Western Sydney.

AFL executive general manager of football operations Steve Hocking said he was pleased the league had been granted clearance to revive one of the game’s traditions.

“Banners are a special part of footy and have a deep and meaningful connection to supporters and clubs across the country,” Hocking said.

“We are thrilled to see such a unique part of our game return for the biggest match on the women’s footy calendar - the 2021 NAB AFLW Grand Final.

“The club banner is a great tradition and a real connector for cheersquads, supporters and their teams across the country

“We understand the banner is so much more than the final product on matchday - it’s the sense of connection that comes with being part of the cheersquad group who make them every week.

“We cannot wait to see banners back at the footy.”

The AFL Fans Association and club cheersquads have been lobbying for the return of the banners, with the AFL alerting clubs late on Thursday of their imminent return.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
ONE of footy’s greatest traditions - the banner - will make a welcome return for Saturday’s AFLW Grand Final between Adelaide and Brisbane at the Adelaide Oval.

Banners will also return for the AFL men’s competition from the start of Round 6.

The AFL ticked off approval on Thursday for cheersquads of competing clubs to make and erect the banners for teams to run through prior to the start of each match.

It will be the first time they will have been used in men’s football since the pre-COVID 2019 AFL Grand Final when Richmond defeated Greater Western Sydney.

AFL executive general manager of football operations Steve Hocking said he was pleased the league had been granted clearance to revive one of the game’s traditions.

“Banners are a special part of footy and have a deep and meaningful connection to supporters and clubs across the country,” Hocking said.

“We are thrilled to see such a unique part of our game return for the biggest match on the women’s footy calendar - the 2021 NAB AFLW Grand Final.

“The club banner is a great tradition and a real connector for cheersquads, supporters and their teams across the country

“We understand the banner is so much more than the final product on matchday - it’s the sense of connection that comes with being part of the cheersquad group who make them every week.

“We cannot wait to see banners back at the footy.”

The AFL Fans Association and club cheersquads have been lobbying for the return of the banners, with the AFL alerting clubs late on Thursday of their imminent return.

I want us to go all in and sledge Geelong for shitting themselves in the 2020 grand final.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

teethmeetsflesh

Cancelled
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This been up yet?

I don't think he ever had the slightest intention of coming to North. With the academy, he was well and truly aware of what he had coming up at 'the bloods' and why leave that for a complete unknown in us at the time. It had the potential to be career suicide. He can still cling onto the premiership/GFs he took them to and if this time it doesn't work out he can go with the 'ANUSTART' line. If he had come to North and it didn't work out, that success at the swans doesn't mean a whole lot to the next group of suitors.

I won't be surprised if he attempts a move to north at the end of his current contract, but it is disrespectful to the current regime, while still in its infancy, to suggest that we will want/need him.

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
10 million for a coach.

fu** me, but they will publish any old shot won’t they?

Pfft. Horse is a very good coach. Yeah, COLA + the NSW Academy have given him a leg up, but he's done a great job. But the media has slammed us unrelentlessly for 'hail Mary' mega-$$$$ deals that didn't come off. Why stop at 10 million. Why not 12? Imagine had we offered that and Longmire still said no. Or if he signed and we still sucked.

I can accept criticism of the mistakes the club ACTUALLY made that were clearly known AT THE TIME. There are enough. But pie-in-the-sky hypotheticals, currently unknowns and 20/20 hindsights are just joining the brainless pile on against us. We probably should have offered Dusty half-a-mill more. Phillips v McDonald. Hansen is a bust when we could have had Selwood 13 years ago. Lachie Sholl was so dominant as a junior and certified A-lister now he was drafted 64 but we should have got him because his uncle played for us.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne

View attachment 1102992

Gilly was always great on mangrok

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't think he ever had the slightest intention of coming to North. With the academy, he was well and truly aware of what he had coming up at 'the bloods' and why leave that for a complete unknown in us at the time. It had the potential to be career suicide. He can still cling onto the premiership/GFs he took them to and if this time it doesn't work out he can go with the 'ANUSTART' line. If he had come to North and it didn't work out, that success at the swans doesn't mean a whole lot to the next group of suitors.

I won't be surprised if he attempts a move to north at the end of his current contract, but it is disrespectful to the current regime, while still in its infancy, to suggest that we will want/need him.
Can u imagine if horse had of come to North, then we go through the rebuild having the “Irresponsible Roos Spending” garbage headlines.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Starting to get suspicious about purple being so nice
Screenshot_20210416-081020.png

I'd like that record right now.
We won two flags in that 20 year period tho. Only lost one. (Not going to the Goldy probably counts as one as well.) Been a bit s**t since tho.

But what we are doing now seems a bit similar to what we did in the 80s under Pagan. Modern AFL's version of it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back