Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that was joke in reference to Will being seen at Chaddy at "appearing arrogant", but a poster a while ago

Oh ahhaha my bad my bad

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone read makeys bit on sen?

VIC
Select your station
We'll remember your choice for next time

AFL
“WE’RE AN EASY TARGET”: FORMER ROO SICK OF CONSTANT RELOCATION TALK
BY ANDREW SLEVISON 2 DAYS AGO
51140435.jpg

Former North Melbourne defender Troy Makepeace says he is a “bit over” the constant Tasmania relocation talk that continually encircles the club.
The Kangaroos are often thrown around as those that must relocate in order to survive, but stoic supporters with royal blue and white blood coursing through their veins are adamant it will never happen.

Makepeace attempts to keep the Roos community well informed by acting as a conduit of sorts between the club and the supporters on social media and suggests the incessant chat is beginning to become grating.
The 139-game Kangaroo believes the club is simply an “easy target” for such gossip.
“Honestly, I get pretty p---ed off reading it,” he said on SEN’s The Sporting Capital.
“I’m a bit over it, particularly those in the inner sanctum of the club. Obviously a lot of the loyal supporters are quite sick of it as well. I think we’re any easy target.

Last edited:
Anyone else hear Peter Sumich in the prematch chat on sen today?

This is what my mate said he heard:

'Peter Sumich just told Healy & Hudson that North knew Logan would go home after 2 years and Suma believes WC & Freo already preparing lucrative deals to return for season 2023. Suma reckons only unexpected Swans success could seduce him into staying beyond 2 years '

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

'Peter Sumich just told Healy & Hudson that North knew Logan would go home after 2 years and Suma believes WC & Freo already preparing lucrative deals to return for season 2023. Suma reckons only unexpected Swans success could seduce him into staying beyond 2 years '

Works out to be a free hit for the swans anyway considering the academy pick. They manage to hold on to him against the odds, then that's fantastic, if not they probably still come out as winners from the draft and suddenly have some more currency again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its typical of what was our lack of willingness to take chances on players I reckon.

The last two drafts and keeping McGuiness were signs this might be changing tho.
Brady>Joyce

You rate McGuiness?

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
They call Will WAP cos of his initials ay?
Impressed by all four of them in this chat - thoughtful and articulate, and they do seem to have a good bond between them.

Brady>Joyce

You rate McGuiness?
I've only got a little bit to go on but he certainly seems to be improving.

His kicking is pretty good. He seems to have come on okay as well and been an important part of the VFL teams weekend win.

And I guess that's the crux of it. He has a Cat B rookie spot but has come on to the point where he is playing a crucial role in the VFL side and still has some room for improvement at least in terms of size and strength. Even if he doesn't make it we gave him a good shot and him and the club took every opportunity to get the most out of him. I don't remember this happening under Brad.

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont

I knew it.gif

north_lad

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why isnt anyone talking about how well Lizard spoke? ... I find all 4 of those kids exceptional, Ford will get involved too this year. However Lizard oozes confidence. I think he has worked out the secret formula to be a worthy player in this competition.

He speaks like someone ten years older than he is

These parts, in particular, are pretty relevant to us at the moment:

Pagan said that for a coach in Noble’s position, it was mission impossible. “You haven’t got the seasoned players to support the young kids at the moment. That makes it a hell of a lot harder,” he said. “You’ve got to come in every Monday morning and be as positive as you possibly can. You’ve got to be honest and truthful, but add positives to it.” One might be to have won the hard-ball gets category one week, for instance.
Schwab said it was about finding mini-wins within losses. He imagined Noble would have concentrated this week on North’s three competitive quarters against Adelaide last week, not their last-term smashing.

“You find locks,” Schwab said “If you can lock in 10-12 positions in this team, you’ve got six to look for. Do I continue to churn them over? Do I give games to kids? But you’ve got to be careful you don’t play too many kids. If you’ve got no experience and you get exposed, you might hurt the development.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back