marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
Thanks - I feel better now. Never watch the show as I find Malloy unfunny and that other bloke worse. Pang is ok in small doses.
All good. I just did a quick search & there’s a couple of other examples too.
(Edited above).

I don’t watch the show much, but when I’ve seen it, it’s definitely more on the light hearted ribbing side of football media. They don’t ever get nasty Barrett style.

(Edited above).

I don’t watch the show much, but when I’ve seen it, it’s definitely more on the light hearted ribbing side of football media. They don’t ever get nasty Barrett style.
I get its a joke and have seen the show from time to time. Just don't find them particularly funny.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
Do you take pride in sounding like Barrett?

I dislike the ‘process driven’ way he’s talking.

Should be ‘we’re going out each week to play the best we possibly can’.

It’s a sport. Not a nuclear

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
(Edited above).

I don't watch it either. Molloy is a bloke who was made by Tony Martin and relies on writers to keep his "blokey" comedian spiel running.

Sam Pang is actually very witty.

Maher is just pure unmitigated dork.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

What else would you expect with Paul "Deepak" Roos at the helm?

Organic football?

It's not as if the board would know any different.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
That poster hurts, to be honest. Haven't seen them do that as a joke any other year so why pot us?
If you don't watch the show at all, why comment on what they may have done or not done in the past?

I don't find gags about my club funny and I didn't laugh about that poster (also have no time for Mark Knight or that rag he draws for), but I've laughed enough at jokes about other clubs over the years to suck it up when it's our turn.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I think in any organisation if you are looking to change in any meaningful way then the process is the priority, now if this is still the line 12 months from now then yeah that’s an issue.

Short term I think it’s ok, provided there is evidence of the processes showing improvement which in some ways it’s looking like

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think in any organisation if you are looking to change in any meaningful way then the process is the priority, now if this is still the line 12 months from now then yeah that’s an issue.

Short term I think it’s ok, provided there is evidence of the processes showing improvement which in some ways it’s looking like

I have to agree with the approach that Noble is taking - but there is a limited shelf life.

I have always used the same philosophy coaching as well, in that I don’t care about the scoreboard as much as the way the team is playing (although when we made the grand final one of the boys told me the scoreboard does matter this week before I said otherwise!!)

It is more about doing things the right way - maybe not the easy way - but if done well, the results do look after themselves.

Or it could be a load of crap, what would I know??

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Indeed....................where is Wally.................Carter.............when you need him?

1620352354420.png

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Indeed....................where is Wally.................Carter.............when you need him?

View attachment 1120459

No idea what that’s about, I’m all for visual learning but yeah not sure of the thinking there

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
No idea what that’s about, I’m all for visual learning but yeah not sure of the thinking there

It's a leftover from the Scott years.

Wallys = tax deductible debts
Angry emoji = non-tax deductible debts

Hope that clears it up.

Kangaroo Cat

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have to agree with the approach that Noble is taking - but there is a limited shelf life.

I have always used the same philosophy coaching as well, in that I don’t care about the scoreboard as much as the way the team is playing (although when we made the grand final one of the boys told me the scoreboard does matter this week before I said otherwise!!)

It is more about doing things the right way - maybe not the easy way - but if done well, the results do look after themselves.

Ohh i want to know who you are now.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Yeah because talking about results in a rebuilding side that is 0-7 is a great tactic for expectations and morale, Rhyce Shaw style “we want to play finals” “we want to win”

Mcarcherey

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

totally agree.

"Losers have goals, winners have systems."

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's a leftover from the Scott years.

Wallys = tax deductible debts
Angry emoji = non-tax deductible debts

Hope that clears it up.

Have you pegged me as a Scott WBC, yeah I’m no fan of him, I don’t think it’s irrational.

I was wonder if Wally was the Kerridge for the week

north_lad

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Didn't like the Noble comments, even in context. We have a winnable game this weekend and I want the boys up for it.
The Front Bar sucks.
Mick Molloy isn't funny.
Andy Maher is an annoying butt kisser.
Damien Barrett is a flog.
The end.

R00StaR

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2003
Asgard
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

Why? many of the best sports people in the world focus on process. Not just good solid Australian footballers, they're the best in the world.

It makes perfect sense too, to get the abosulte most out of yourself is far more training than playing. Does that mean they dont like winning? Of course not, but its the result of their process.

Craig Tyzzer -Ash Barty's coach

Does a coach’s role post-match depend on results?

As a team Ash and I have worked hard on treating both wins and losses as a learning experience, otherwise each week can become a bit of an emotional rollercoaster. In every tournament we play there is only one winner every week. We focus a lot on the process, as we feel this is the best way to keep progressing. We try to get something out of every match that she plays, which helps improvement regardless of the outcome. Having said that, I will also allow Ash to enjoy some of her better wins if only for a short period.

If you don't watch the show at all, why comment on what they may have done or not done in the past?

I don't find gags about my club funny and I didn't laugh about that poster (also have no time for Mark Knight or that rag he draws for), but I've laughed enough at jokes about other clubs over the years to suck it up when it's our turn.
Yeah you’re right you do have to cop it sweet when your team’s going badly, Sam and Maher have certainly copped it over the years over Carlton’s ineptitude. Didn’t like the poster but mainly because I think Mark Knight’s rotten to the core. Did laugh when they showed that photo of TT surrounded by Tasmanian cheese and Marty said “nothing says put your head over the ball like room temperature Camembert “. Also the footage of Boomer playing last week showed he actually could still be playing AFL!

R00StaR

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2003
Asgard
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
As they say - Get the process right , then the wins will follow

Novak Djokovic is another

Djokovic provides great advice for players to improve their focus and develop the mindset of a champion.

Focus
on playing each point with 100% effort and focus. You should focus on what you do best and be diligent in your preparation. You cannot control what may happen in the future, only the present moment. He suggests that you view matches against top opponents as opportunities to hone and improve your game. If opponents expose a weakness in your game, it’s a chance to improve that part of your game.

One of the best players of his sport ever, not result focused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back