Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect the umpires brain exploded when it came to choosing to favor Sydney or Geelong.

Tough week at umpire planning meeting this week.

Dogs vs tigers
Cats vs swans
McSuns vs Collingwood

Like all their lovechildren chose this weekend to punch on with each other.

The 50 is 45 at the SCG. I think thats what they did. The centre square basically touched the 50m arc when everything was in its dimensions. They shortened the square and made the 50 forty five metres.
How long is the 100 metres running track? Classic comedy from The Games. If the 50 lines aren't 50 in real life then that is laughable.

In fairness though, it WAS a clear mark and Cameron would kick that just about every time. The umpire called "not 15" way too early and it went at least 20. Absolutely horrible decision. I have no pity for Scott or Geelong, but if I were him or a Cats fan, I'd be fuming.
The pricks always call it early. Especially when we kick the ball 20m on the back line.

Im fairly sure they were once 45, Im not certain they are still 45.. who’s got a click wheel handy? Reckon this needs to be looked at
Easier solution - get Kane Turner to have a shot from the 50 arc. If it drops short by anything less than 20 metres, then it must only 45.

Amazes me how AFL players struggle to make 50 metres.

All the running these days seems to have taken the kicking power out of their legs.

Overcoaching doesn't help it either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the place to say Gerard Healy, WTF? I only saw the first half of today’s game and his contortions to explain constantly how well every Melbourne player was going when they were being beaten up by 18th...

This is pretty interesting. My brain looks like what they're describing (white matter changes usually found in elderly people) and it's due to a chronic neurological condition rather than from concussion. If that's the type of damage head knocks are causing then there are absolutely reasons to be concerned and I can see why we're protecting the head so much these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back