Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were plenty of rumours flying around town of a few players with “dangerous habits”
I interviewed Damian Barrett at a NMFC function quite a few years ago and I asked him what was the biggest story he had that he couldn't report. His answer was swift - the truth around WCE and drugs in that era. So much known and so little reported in public domain.

I interviewed Damian Barrett at a NMFC function quite a few years ago and I asked him what was the biggest story he had that he couldn't report. His answer was swift - the truth around WCE and drugs in that era. So much known and so little reported in public domain.
Certainly weren’t “rumors“ when I lived in Perth.

Certainly weren’t “rumors“ when I lived in Perth.
Most of it was quite public knowledge and being “Ben”, he got away with more than has gotten out even now

Exercise in courage. It's astonishing how the football media allowed Demetriou to control what got reported. And now he works directly for them and laughably claims independence.

I come in peace.

I hope this happens.

I hope you refuse to even breathe on negotiation with them and walk young Harry straight into the PSD for free.

This would be worth the it just for the carlton melts.

All the best for the rest of the year.

That'd be pretty good. Pretty. Pretty good.

Seem to remember there were also rumours about EPO use which rarely get mentioned.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has a twin ever played in the same side as the other in AFL?

900k for mid level performance is nuts, that level of pay is reserved for match winners Saad and Williams simply aren’t that. When you allocate vast amounts of the cap to that, you don’t have it elsewhere. Even more so when you consider they have a great flanker in docherty

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I was really surprised when I heard of how much Williams is getting. Good player but I'd pass at that kind of money

Where is all the hate and vitriol for Carlton making a rushed decision on Teague as their coach? Barrett the little germ was quick to sink the slipper into the NMFC when we chose Shaw. I detest that human
Devil's advocate view here. He is happy for Carlton and St Kilda to suck, but deep down he doesn't want North to suck, so he calls out what he perceives as poor decision-making 🤔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our former coach and his brother.

The Kings.

The Wakelins.

The Lord twins at Geelong.

I was really surprised when I heard of how much Williams is getting. Good player but I'd pass at that kind of money

Not sure why they are playing him off half back. At the end of his stint with GWS he showed he can play in the middle. I'd have Williams, Walsh, Cripps starting in the middle.

Did anyone else see this segment on Fox or look at the article / clip on holding the ball?

Supposedly 11 clear cut holding the ball decisions not paid during Richmond v *. I would have paid the throw by Dusty at 0:55 (which they don't mention) and maybe 3 HTB - the failed "don't argue", Martin taking a 540 and another Richmond player trying to stand up in the tackle. The first one was Dusty getting a hand on the ball between the drop and the boot. There isn't even a tackle but apparently a clear HTB.

AFL Record Season (Guide) 2019 lists 21 sets of twins who have played in the VFL/AFL:

Paul and Simon Atkins
Mitchell and Nathan Brown
Bert and Ivor Clay
David and Donald Cockatoo-Collins
Fred and Keith Cook
Matthew and Steven Febey
Ian and Keith Fleming
Dave and Doug Gillespie
Alex and Harold Hanton
Michael and Nigel Kol
Jake and Kade Kolodjashnij
Chris and Frank Laird
George and Teddy Lockwood
Nathan and Ryan Lonie
Alistair and Stewart Lord
Ed and Nick Lower
Charlie and Wally Naismith
Michael and Stephen Richardson
Brad and Chris Scott
Adam and Troy Selwood
Darryl and Shane Wakelin

Ben and Harry McKay are not named, but should be, so that makes 22 sets of twins (to play VFL/AFL football).

Among current players, (one you'll like, Saintly!) the Western Bulldogs' Will Hayes (son of David Hayes) has a twin brother.
Reece Conca has a twin sister.

This from an old board a couple of years ago that might help the discussion

Might be worth a read:

The job of the AFL is not to run a fair and equitable competition, it's to make as much money as possible. If they have to turn a blind eye to a few things (with a scapegoat every half decade or so to make it look like they are taking action), then they'll happily do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back