Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asked to make the same analysis verbally on 360, Robbo would have gone

Nah, I like the Roos. They've got some good kids. Zooharr goes hard, Larkey's alright. Davis-Uniacky. And who's that other one? The Aboriginal one from Darwin? What's his name? Oh yeah, Lindsay Thomas. *Slaps Whateley on the arm* Yeah Thomas, he's a good kid. Nah, North are going alright. Who have they got this week? *Rummages through some pages of the Herald Sun* Carlton! Yeah, Carlton. That'll be a good game. Where's that gonna be?

Lol it’s like Robbo is right infront of me

I was in a Camden hostel that morning (UK time) getting the score updates as texts from a mate at the game. Thanks to the oddities of telcos they were all arriving in quick succession.

Went from planning to hit the streets of London clicking my heels in the air like Fred Astaire to contemplating a heroin habit all in the space of about 15 minutes.

Still remember the 1st text “Wake the **** up - North 66 quarter time!” or something like that.

Well I woke up alright.
Sudden urge to listen to Leo Sayer music.

Imagine being in high school with a class that did weekly footy tipping in a year like that. Could never wear my beanie in public again.

Asked to make the same analysis verbally on 360, Robbo would have gone

Nah, I like the Roos. They've got some good kids. Zooharr goes hard, Larkey's alright. Davis-Uniacky. And who's that other one? The Aboriginal one from Darwin? What's his name? Oh yeah, Lindsay Thomas. *Slaps Whateley on the arm* Yeah Thomas, he's a good kid. Nah, North are going alright. Who have they got this week? *Rummages through some pages of the Herald Sun* Carlton! Yeah, Carlton. That'll be a good game. Where's that gonna be?

Frighteningly accurate.

Compulsory copy paste:

Cody Atkinson has been contributing to ABC News Digital since 2018. Cody has written about sport and culture for various publications for over a decade, and contributed to Footballistics, released by ABC Books. He is a fan of pretty much anything played competitively (and not), and has written about cricket, football, basketball, tennis, rugby league, rugby union among other sports.

Sean Lawson has been contributing to ABC News Digital since 2018. He has written about football and statistics at hpnfooty.com for several years and also contributed to Footballistics, published by ABC Books. He follows several sports and takes a special interest in any Canberra sporting action.
Why the almost apologetically long bio’s?

When you have genuine currency and gravitas you roll with something like “Triple M Breakfast Chief Football Reporter”

The original article even contains graphs. Graphs!

I don’t know who Cody Atkinson and Sean Lawson are but they’re not going to get far in the industry with that kind of well reasoned, well presented content.
Not gonna get a gig with these factual scientific graphs.

If they want a shot at AFL360 they'll need to start plotting x-factor against toughness.

This clipping is from the July 23 issue of The Herald Sun Digital Edition. To subscribe, visit https://www.heraldsun.com.au/.

Kangas eye Hobart
Herald Sun - Friday, 23 Jul 2021 - Page 79

NORTH Melbourne has been given a strong indication it can host Geelong in Hobart next weekend, amid uncertainty about five of the league’s nine games in round 20.

The AFL has barely taken a breath after cementing a round 19 fixture, but now must consider how to execute another round full of challenges.

The Kangaroos have asked to fly in and out of Tasmania for what would be their fifth Blundstone Arena game this season.

If Covid-19 numbers are kept under control, Tasmanian authorities are expected to grant the request.

Richmond is expecting to fly west to take on Fremantle at Perth Stadium, after playing Geelong on Sunday.

The Tigers will spend a week in Joondalup Resort quarantine in Perth.

The Western Bulldogs hope to host Adelaide in Ballarat, and the St Kilda-Carlton round 20 clash is set to go ahead in Melbourne with a minimum of fuss.

But with the league still attempting to secure a pathway into Queensland, a host of games are up in the air.

Essendon had hoped to return home this week, but will most likely stay in Noosa and host Sydney at the Gabba or Metricon Stadium.

Copyright © 2021 News Pty Limited

1626991236281.png

Sent from my iPad

Sean and Cody are excellent. They are also the dudes behind hpnfooty.com. Good to see the ABC giving people like them and James Coventry a run.

Was a good read but I laughed at “Expose the young Roo Defence”!?

Tarrant, Walker, Ziebell, Atley and Hall would be a young defence at Aveo Utd, but not the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a good read but I laughed at “Expose the young Roo Defence”!?

Tarrant, Walker, Ziebell, Atley and Hall would be a young defence at Aveo Utd, but not the AFL.
That was referring to early in the season when Tarrant & McDonald were still out and Hall hadn't been moved back. Bonar, Atu & Young were back there, Menadue was getting games, Walker was spending time forward and Ziebell was in his first few games as a defender.

Finey always stuck up for us during the whole Gold Coast crap - love him. Got shafted off SEN when hutchison took over.

I assumed that Hutchy ate him Jabba style. Good to see he made it out.

Love Finey. Missed.

Does Caro have some skeletons ? No doubt.

I listen to Footyology every week. RoCo and Finey doing a 90 minute preview (Sunday night) and 90 minute review (Wednesday night) of each round. Refreshing to have 2 guys who actually know what they are talking about and actually watch all the games!

This clipping is from the July 23 issue of The Herald Sun Digital Edition. To subscribe, visit https://www.heraldsun.com.au/.

Kangas eye Hobart
Herald Sun - Friday, 23 Jul 2021 - Page 79

NORTH Melbourne has been given a strong indication it can host Geelong in Hobart next weekend, amid uncertainty about five of the league’s nine games in round 20.

The AFL has barely taken a breath after cementing a round 19 fixture, but now must consider how to execute another round full of challenges.

The Kangaroos have asked to fly in and out of Tasmania for what would be their fifth Blundstone Arena game this season.

If Covid-19 numbers are kept under control, Tasmanian authorities are expected to grant the request.

Richmond is expecting to fly west to take on Fremantle at Perth Stadium, after playing Geelong on Sunday.

The Tigers will spend a week in Joondalup Resort quarantine in Perth.

The Western Bulldogs hope to host Adelaide in Ballarat, and the St Kilda-Carlton round 20 clash is set to go ahead in Melbourne with a minimum of fuss.

But with the league still attempting to secure a pathway into Queensland, a host of games are up in the air.

Essendon had hoped to return home this week, but will most likely stay in Noosa and host Sydney at the Gabba or Metricon Stadium.

Copyright © 2021 News Pty Limited

View attachment 1184181

Sent from my iPad
NOOOOOOO....play it at the cattery.

Are we all across this? Apologies if I am late to the party on it, but Arch delivers an almighty smack down on Caro and Barrett in this cracking podcast. Basically accuses them of being total bottom feeders.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back