8 -
7 - HAW / SYD / WCE
6 -
5 - GWS
4 - GCS
3 -
2 - ADEL
1 - FRE / NTH*

*Good Friday - They want to take this one away from us too.
Nothing highlights the utter contempt shown for our Club than these stats. Since the bye, we've outperformed at least a half a dozen Clubs but it hasn't resulted in any free to air games.

Nothing highlights the utter contempt shown for our Club than these stats. Since the bye, we've outperformed at least a half a dozen Clubs but it hasn't resulted in any free to air games.
Didn't Carlton have 6 Friday nights and two Thursdays (including the opening match) a few years ago and finish last? We played Essendon twice on Fridays.

Agenda 21

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

What a scumdog act. It makes me sick, but doesn't surprise me.

Anyone picking up on Gerards change on tune? Been a while since he has called us, he certainly isnt the same as he was before the scrutiny. He knows he’s been a ******* for 2 years.
Ever since that lady rang up and hassled him he has gone out of his way to be nice to us.

Doesn't hurt that we are playing okay footy as well.

We are no longer an old side of pretenders, now we are young, up and coming and have some real talent on show every week.

Free-to-Air games 2021 - Victoria
15 - WBD
14 - MELB
13 - RICH / GEEL / ESS
12 -
11 - CARL / COLL
10 - STK
9 - BRIS / PORT
8 -
7 - HAW / SYD / WCE
6 -
5 - GWS
4 - GCS
3 -
2 - ADEL
1 - FRE / NTH*

*Good Friday - They want to take this one away from us too.
Swans game was on FTA here this year, as was the Giants game. One of the few benefits of living in this plague ridden state.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Oh Hutchy....

Multi-media company Sports Entertainment Network has apologised to the AFL for inviting WA footy fans to “reserve” grand final tickets at Optus Stadium priced at up to $3500.

An email sent by the company to its clients said while no location or dates were confirmed for the finals series, “we are preparing and taking interest for bookings” if matches were staged in Perth.

“You could be part of an incredible once in a lifetime event in Perth, as the sport loving community of WA will make it one to remember,” the email from a SEN staff member said.

“As a broadcast partner of the AFL, Sports Entertainment Network will be giving access to clients for a number of packages.”

For the first two weeks, fully catered corporate suites were advertised at $695 per person and premium reserved seats at $350. For the preliminary finals, prices rise to between $380 and $795.

For the grand final — pencilled in for September 25 — corporate suites would cost between $2600 and $3500 per person, with reserved seats priced at $1500, including pre and post game entertainment.

The eye-watering sums were based on grand final pricing at Brisbane’s Gabba and the MCG in Melbourne, but would be set by the AFL when packages were released, according to the flyer said.

SEN is headed by journalist turned media boss Craig Hutchison, whose company runs a radio network, produces TV shows and has an office and two corporate suites at Optus Stadium.

A company spokesman told The West Australians its initial investigation found a staff member had emailed the flyer to a “small number of personal connections”.

“The business was made aware of the email this morning. The staffer had been acting alone,” the SEN spokesman said.

“Sports Entertainment Network and Ballpark have not been authorised to sell grand final tickets, nor does it have any knowledge of the state of the finals series or its location.

“Nothing has been promoted or made available on its websites or media channels. No dialogue surrounding the finals series with the staff member had occurred.

“Sports Entertainment Network offers its unreserved apology to the AFL and any of its clients that may have received this misleading information.”

The email was sent as WA authorities and Optus Stadium hold talks with the AFL about how up to eight clubs could be based in Perth, Mandurah and Bunbury during the finals.

Clubs have been informed the pre-finals bye had officially been scrapped, with the first week of finals fixtures due to take place over the last weekend of August.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well, this is a nice change from 'is North the worst team in the modern era?'.

The whole " we can't afford to bottom out" is and always has been bullshit. Frustrated the pants of me, the media hate teams treading water and will lay the boots in. AFL is like a magic show mostly bullshit but can be entertaining. So the media love to be the first one to identify a team on the rise they hate to miss an opportunity.

this is our least successful year in 50 bloody seasons, but the amount of positive press is the most since the halcyon days of the 90's. Think about that.

And yes partly no doubt caused by our strong off field presence, Roos, Noble and Blakey. I am just so happy we have finally learnt how to play the game. No on e is going to attack those three or us for fear of being made to look foolish.

Brilliant work North and after a horrid /20/21. I think once the dust aka virus settles we'll look back and at least have the watershed season of 21 to allow us some fond memories of that horrid time.

The whole " we can't afford to bottom out" is and always has been bullshit. Frustrated the pants of me, the media hate teams treading water and will lay the boots in. AFL is like a magic show mostly bullshit but can be entertaining. So the media love to be the first one to identify a team on the rise they hate to miss an opportunity.

this is our least successful year in 50 bloody seasons, but the amount of positive press is the most since the halcyon days of the 90's. Think about that.

And yes partly no doubt caused by our strong off field presence, Roos, Noble and Blakey. I am just so happy we have finally learnt how to play the game. No on e is going to attack those three or us for fear of being made to look foolish.

Brilliant work North and after a horrid /20/21. I think once the dust aka virus settles we'll look back and at least have the watershed season of 21 to allow us some fond memories of that horrid time.
Yep, I hope the only lamenting we will be doing in 5 years time is for champion players who just missed out on the premierships because time caught up with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back