Status
Not open for further replies.

Reginald0

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
100% this.
Also missed out when playing faviourites over developing players leading to many many guys on sub 40 games in their mid 20s.
If you're not playing them because their bad players then why draft them.

who?
Make a list, all those potential stars who didn’t become AA because coach didn’t play em!

your logic is just earth shatteringly mind bendingly ass backwards
they didn’t get a game cos they weren’t any good
blame a certain someone for the draft , well that is a different argument but I ask you to name one player , ok maybe a couple who didn’t get played who came good elsewhere…..and don’t crap on about …their development was stultified or some other nonsensical drivel
if r
they were good enough they would have played somewhere

We were Dads Army by then, when all your best players are 32-38, is it much a surprise when injuries play a part?

If, if, if… we peaked in round 6 of that year.
The only old campaigner who got injured that mattered was W80 wasn't it? At least for any length of time.

Higgo was still in his 20s, LMac, BJ, Sammy Wright and most of the rest were younger. Higgo's injury was impact related, BJ's probably was too. Spud, Dish, Boomer and Dal didn't miss any games that year.

You are probably right about the peak tho. There was a 25 game period between 2015 and 2016 where we only lost a few games. if we'd mananged that in the one season we would have been laughing.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
who?
Make a list, all those potential stars who didn’t become AA because coach didn’t play em!

your logic is just earth shatteringly mind bendingly ass backwards
they didn’t get a game cos they weren’t any good
blame a certain someone for the draft , well that is a different argument but I ask you to name one player , ok maybe a couple who didn’t get played who came good elsewhere…..and don’t crap on about …their development was stultified or some other nonsensical drivel
if r
they were good enough they would have played somewhere
my 3rds coach never played me, wheres my jacket?

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He can wait outside
1631603458304.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honest to god if Bob and Andy spent any more time and energy on trying to suck each other off, ACMA dead set would not let this radio show go to air due to its borderline sexually inappropriate content. This is horrific

Honest to god if Bob and Andy spent any more time and energy on trying to suck each other off, ACMA dead set would not let this radio show go to air due to its borderline sexually inappropriate content. This is horrific
Could be worse, Bob could get his Guitar out, and re-ignite his singing career

I turned off years ago because of it.

For the older fans:

Claremont and North Melbourne rover Jim Krakouer inducted into WA Football Hall of Fame

Full Article Below:
John Townsend
The West Australian
Thu, 16 September 2021

Jim Krakouer was in two minds when informed he had been inducted into the WA Football Hall of Fame.

A brilliant rover for Claremont and North Melbourne, Krakouer has lived a rollercoaster life that saw him perform remarkable feats before massive crowds at Subiaco Oval and the MCG and plummet to the depths of a long jail term.

In between, the support of a large and close family smoothed the rough edges of a football life almost unimaginable in the modern era.

Krakouer grew up in the bush outside Mt Barker, spent his exhilarating career as the subject of constant and devastating racist abuse on and off the field and combined with his brother Phil in the most famous one-two combination in the game’s history.

Individually, they were excellent footballers. Together, they were a mesmerising force considerably more than the sum of its parts.

And it is Phil’s absence from the hall of fame that saddened his brother as he prepared for his induction at the joint event with the centenary Sandover Medal count this month.

“We were never known as just Jimmy or Phil Krakouer,” he said. “We were always the Krakouer brothers.

“I’ve got mixed emotions because of my brother.

“For me personally, it is nice to be recognised and acknowledged for something that I did that I was not too bad at but he was a gun player and I am a bit sad that he has missed out.”

As much as they were a close pair throughout their careers, Jim Krakouer was clearly the first amongst equals.

He believed his football skills were a gift bestowed on him and was determined to display them on the biggest stage.

“I was lucky,” he said. “My mum and dad were both very good sports people and that helped me.

“I had a lot of determination and I had the chance to show that I wasn’t too bad at my sport.

“No matter who we are, everyone had a gift for something.

“For Phillip and me it was football while other people can paint or sing.” A quicksilver rover at the Tigers in the late 1970s before moving to North Melbourne for the best part of a decade, he was known for the speed and precision of his hands as much as the balance and lightness of his feet.

The latter helped him slice through packs, much in the manner of Tim Kelly today, and kick 456 goals in 241 senior matches.

But the former often formed fists in response to the racist taunts that followed him from the Great Southern to Perth and then Melbourne.

Krakouer said he was often cut deeply by the things said to him and found it difficult to let them slide.

“It is not like today because you had to put up with a real lot back in those days,” he said.

“It is good the AFL is trying to stamp that stuff out.

“It used to hurt a lot when people said things to me.

“We had to put up with at school and as an adult you still had to put up with it.

“I didn’t handle it very well because I retaliated a lot and that cost me.”

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
For the older fans:

Claremont and North Melbourne rover Jim Krakouer inducted into WA Football Hall of Fame

Full Article Below:
John Townsend
The West Australian
Thu, 16 September 2021

Jim Krakouer was in two minds when informed he had been inducted into the WA Football Hall of Fame.

A brilliant rover for Claremont and North Melbourne, Krakouer has lived a rollercoaster life that saw him perform remarkable feats before massive crowds at Subiaco Oval and the MCG and plummet to the depths of a long jail term.

In between, the support of a large and close family smoothed the rough edges of a football life almost unimaginable in the modern era.

Krakouer grew up in the bush outside Mt Barker, spent his exhilarating career as the subject of constant and devastating racist abuse on and off the field and combined with his brother Phil in the most famous one-two combination in the game’s history.

Individually, they were excellent footballers. Together, they were a mesmerising force considerably more than the sum of its parts.

And it is Phil’s absence from the hall of fame that saddened his brother as he prepared for his induction at the joint event with the centenary Sandover Medal count this month.

“We were never known as just Jimmy or Phil Krakouer,” he said. “We were always the Krakouer brothers.

“I’ve got mixed emotions because of my brother.

“For me personally, it is nice to be recognised and acknowledged for something that I did that I was not too bad at but he was a gun player and I am a bit sad that he has missed out.”

As much as they were a close pair throughout their careers, Jim Krakouer was clearly the first amongst equals.

He believed his football skills were a gift bestowed on him and was determined to display them on the biggest stage.

“I was lucky,” he said. “My mum and dad were both very good sports people and that helped me.

“I had a lot of determination and I had the chance to show that I wasn’t too bad at my sport.

“No matter who we are, everyone had a gift for something.

“For Phillip and me it was football while other people can paint or sing.” A quicksilver rover at the Tigers in the late 1970s before moving to North Melbourne for the best part of a decade, he was known for the speed and precision of his hands as much as the balance and lightness of his feet.

The latter helped him slice through packs, much in the manner of Tim Kelly today, and kick 456 goals in 241 senior matches.

But the former often formed fists in response to the racist taunts that followed him from the Great Southern to Perth and then Melbourne.

Krakouer said he was often cut deeply by the things said to him and found it difficult to let them slide.

“It is not like today because you had to put up with a real lot back in those days,” he said.

“It is good the AFL is trying to stamp that stuff out.

“It used to hurt a lot when people said things to me.

“We had to put up with at school and as an adult you still had to put up with it.

“I didn’t handle it very well because I retaliated a lot and that cost me.”

And the boxing hall of fame as well 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back