Status
Not open for further replies.

NMFC49

Team Captain
Oct 24, 2017
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Tip. The great grandson of Ma Flynn will likely be in this year's National Draft. Gisborne lad and has played games with Calder Cannons.
This years Morrish Medal winner - Flynn Lakey.
Gisborne’s Lakey, 19, who is just 173cm and 70kg, polled in five of his nine matches, including three best-on-grounds as he averaged an impressive 23.3 disposals and 6.1 tackles, including a 31-possession performance against Geelong in round 11, and became known as an extractor with 13.7 handballs and 9.7 kicks per game.

I have never seen such atrocious conditions for VFL football, but I suspect there may have been some shockers in earlier years.

Do you remember that freezing cold day at Arden St in 1983 when North played Sydney Swans in front of 6,000 fans, all huddled like sardines under the available shelter out of the hail and pouring rain? 6C max temp with an ambient temp in the negatives. I was under the shed roof up the pool end bloody freezing like everyone else.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Do you remember that freezing cold day at Arden St in 1983 when North played Sydney Swans in front of 6,000 fans, all huddled like sardines under the available shelter out of the hail and pouring rain? 6C max temp with an ambient temp in the negatives. I was under the shed roof up the pool end bloody freezing like everyone else.
That was bloody freezing. For some reason my wife's sister came with us who is a saint supporter. She even bought a scarf and beanie at the ground to try to keep a bit warmer.

That was bloody freezing. For some reason my wife's sister came with us who is a saint supporter. She even bought a scarf and beanie at the ground to try to keep a bit warmer.

It was certainly one of those days which sorted out who were the diehards.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
271021_CAREY.jpg

Horse looks slightly apprehensive about where Wayne's hand is.

The crowd was 7404 according to AFL Tables. Sounds overs to me. I reckon there would've been only about 4-5000 brave (stupid) souls left by the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We will always have this over Sydney 😉
sort of interesting point given they were part of the same acquisition deal, you could argue we may have had some success with just one of them but the reality is the way the deal went down if we didn't get one we wouldn't have ad the other so discussion on that front is sort of moot.

Longmire prolly came out of the blocks a bit earlier and prolly played his best footy before the knee injury. Carey on the other hand was a pretty good player early but sheesh he really took it to another level in the period we won the flags.

IMO Corey McKernan was as instrumental as anyone in the 96 premiership year. we were always going to be pretty competitive with the season big corza had and still reckon we could have gotton over the line against the swans in the GF that year sans carey given longmire missed it with the knee injury . schwatta also smashed it that day.

A replay of the infamous Callum Urch...

Cyber_punk

Doomer
Feb 16, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have never seen such atrocious conditions for VFL football, but I suspect there may have been some shockers in earlier years.

Worst conditions I have ever been to was a final against Port in 99 at the MCG. F$%^ it was cold and the ground was basically a lake.

Cancelled
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
sort of interesting point given they were part of the same acquisition deal, you could argue we may have had some success with just one of them but the reality is the way the deal went down if we didn't get one we wouldn't have ad the other so discussion on that front is sort of moot.

Longmire prolly came out of the blocks a bit earlier and prolly played his best footy before the knee injury. Carey on the other hand was a pretty good player early but sheesh he really took it to another level in the period we won the flags.

IMO Corey McKernan was as instrumental as anyone in the 96 premiership year. we were always going to be pretty competitive with the season big corza had and still reckon we could have gotton over the line against the swans in the GF that year sans carey given longmire missed it with the knee injury . schwatta also smashed it that day.

not sure we would have gotten to the GF’s without Carey.
we had a great team but WC was an incredibly special player.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
All the best BoomerBrownlow_29

We've had the best media team for years. Can you please make sure your replacement signs up to Bigfooty, we promise we'll be nice.😁

Has there ever been a bigger turn over of staff over a 24 month period then Norths? Coaches, Assistant coaches, board members & players…. So much change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back