Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think it's more likely that other sports can offer more competitive packages now, after AFL wages have been affected.
Been at the club since 2008.
Might just want a change.
Same with heath leaving.
Staying in the same job for too long can really affect your career, especially in the media.

could have done with the food stand burning down on that day...
Saw that as well. In fact, I saw people running and the dude jump out through the front IIRC - I pointed this out to my family as the first thing I thought was that somebody had robbed him and he was going to chase them - then... Flame On!

Still, the night the MCG scoreboard caught fire was the best!

I'm pissed off that I wasn't at Arden St when the elephant ran amok. My wife's whole family was there though (I don't believe in mixed marriages).

not sure we would have gotten to the GF’s without Carey.
we had a great team but WC was an incredibly special player.
He prolly enabled a few others to rise a bit higher as well. Fruity for one was a fantastic 2nd hand playing off Carey when he bought it to ground. Complimented his aerial game for sure. Also enabled Corsa to get loose in the fwd line when the oppo backline was stretched covering Carey and horse.

I guess we will never know. But there's little doubt the odds of us snaring a flag would indeed have been reduced.

He prolly enabled a few others to rise a bit higher as well. Fruity for one was a fantastic 2nd hand playing off Carey when he bought it to ground. Complimented his aerial game for sure. Also enabled Corsa to get loose in the fwd line when the oppo backline was stretched covering Carey and horse.

I guess we will never know. But there's little doubt the odds of us snaring a flag would indeed have been reduced.

The stats don’t lie. Our ladder positions:-

1996 - 2nd - Flag
1997 - 7th - Well beaten in PF
1998 - 1st - Blew the Flag
1999 - 2nd - Flag

No prizes for guessing which year Carey was out of action for an extended time…

Categorically, No Carey -> No Flag.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

All the best BoomerBrownlow_29

We've had the best media team for years. Can you please make sure your replacement signs up to Bigfooty, we promise we'll be nice.😁

Thanks so much for the lovely words guys - been a pleasure over the last 13 years - hope I've been able to clear a few things up along the way and provide some insight into the club.

I can confirm my departure isn't soft cap related :smiley:.

I reckon I could work at North Melbourne forever, it's an amazing place and I've loved every minute - it's just time for a change and a new challenge.

I'm not lost to the place though - can't wait to get along to games as a fan in the outer next year!

Thanks for all the support along the way - we have a really great crew in the media team who will make you keep enjoying great content for years to come.

Go Roos!
Cheers, Rob.

Thanks so much for the lovely words guys - been a pleasure over the last 13 years - hope I've been able to clear a few things up along the way and provide some insight into the club.

I reckon I could work at North Melbourne forever, it's an amazing place and I've loved every minute - it's just time for a change and a new challenge.

I'm not lost to the place though - can't wait to get along to games as a fan in the outer next year!

Thanks for all the support along the way - we have a really great crew in the media team who will make you keep enjoying great content for years to come.

Go Roos!
Cheers, Rob.
Give yourself a pat on the back mate, you've done a great job over the years.
Best of luck with the next phase of your life.

Go Roos!
Cheers, Rob.
Cheers for some of the conversations we've had at training Rob; you've always been friendly and happy to stop what you're doing for a fan.
Got any inside goss you'd like to share before you go?
I'd love an insight on the type of people some of the higher ups at North are. We rarely hear anything about them outside of the very occasional media post.
Is there anything at the club that the regular person would be surprised to know?

Go Roos!
Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for all you’ve provided us over the years Rob. You’ve been a key part of our media team’s well earned plaudits over the years and you’ll be missed.

Personally I reckon you should have kept up the training with Majak now the Mid Season Draft is there to provide opportunities for hopefuls like yourself.

All the best with Heath and the NBL, where b’ball nuts like myself will continue to see your work, and hope to catch up at a North game down the track.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go Roos!
Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for all your hard work and amazing contributions to our great club. All the best with your future gig.

The stats don’t lie. Our ladder positions:-

1996 - 2nd - Flag
1997 - 7th - Well beaten in PF
1998 - 1st - Blew the Flag
1999 - 2nd - Flag

No prizes for guessing which year Carey was out of action for an extended time…

Categorically, No Carey -> No Flag.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

can you name a single flag where you can say definitively that the winner still would've won without their best player? Geelong in 2007 probably still would've won without Gary Ablett Jr. I think that's about it.

Article lists the top 5 players of each club in average distance and one game distance.

North Melbourne -

Top-five most distance covered per game in 2021

Nick Larkey, 13.14km
Jy Simpkin, 13.09km
Ben McKay, 13.02km
Josh Walker, 12.94km
Luke Davies-Uniacke, 12.89km

Top-five most distance covered in a game in 2021

Shaun Atley, R4 v Adel, 15.95km
Shaun Atley, R2 v GC, 15.58km
Jy Simpkin, R4 v Adel, 14.98km
Todd Goldstein, R4 v Adel, 14.89km
Jack Mahony, R1 v PA, 14.85km

North were comfortably last (Larkey wouldn't have made top 5 at 15 of the 17 other clubs) highlighting our lack of fitness. Big preseasons needed to climb the ladder.

On the bright side if fitness improves so will the output of the highly talented youth.

Article lists the top 5 players of each club in average distance and one game distance.

North Melbourne -

Nick Larkey, 13.14km
Jy Simpkin, 13.09km
Ben McKay, 13.02km
Josh Walker, 12.94km

North were comfortably last (Larkey wouldn't have made top 5 at 15 of the 17 other clubs) highlighting our lack of fitness. Big preseasons needed to climb the ladder.

On the bright side if fitness improves so will the output of the highly talented youth.

This is pretty damning lol I hope each and every player on our list gets absolutely scorched

North Melbourne -

Nick Larkey, 13.14km
Jy Simpkin, 13.09km
Ben McKay, 13.02km
Josh Walker, 12.94km

This is pretty damning lol I hope each and every player on our list gets absolutely scorched
There's a reason why our entire SC team has been overhauled this offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back