Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone remember a freezing cold day at the ' G v GoDees. Was about 6dg but just soooooo still. Big cold air mass sitting over Melbourne. Was during 17 game streak
I do recall one stinking wet and cold day at the G against carlton. We sat down a few rows from the fence, and when it started to rain everybody except for one dickhead moved back to be under cover. I was in a shitty mood as Carlton were kicking North's arse and I sat alone, in the rain like a drowned water rat for the whole game. Almost every goal kicked by Carlton ended with an image of a lone north supporter looking extremely pissed off flashing up on the scoreboard. That's why I laughed that other night when the ******* thing caught fire and burned down. Served it blood right.

I’m pretty sure you’re referring to Round 4, 2001. Can confirm it’s the coldest I’ve ever felt too.

One of the all time great wins on the road, along with the early 2007 win down there. From memory, was similarly wet without the the floods that diverted traffic away from the highway in 2001.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Continuing on the rain theme, I remember a day at VFL Park in 1986 I think against Fitzroy where it was bucketing down and Phil Krakouer kicked one of the greatest dodging and weaving goals you’ll ever see. Unfortunately, I’m not sure if there was great footage from that day and have rarely seen a replay of it, but wonder if anybody might have access to footage from that day.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m pretty sure you’re referring to Round 4, 2001. Can confirm it’s the coldest I’ve ever felt too.

We were great wet weather team back in those days and it actually helped us win that day at KP.

Have just read the Age article about Dani Laidley and am very proud of our club.
This will be seen as a watershed moment in Australian and a day that our club will be seen as the club that is undeniably leading the way in social Justice.
Good karma coming our way.

Have just read the Age article about Dani Laidley and am very proud of our club.
This will be seen as a watershed moment in Australian and a day that our club will be seen as the club that is undeniably leading the way in social Justice.
Good karma coming our way.
Butting in here, but couldn't agree more. Great read, great leadership, always liked Brayshaw. Those photo's of your players, past and present, embracing Laidley are something your club should be very proud of. Good karma indeed, and just good people.

Last edited:
Butting in here, but couldn't agree more. Great read, great leadership, always like Brayshaw. Those photo's of your players, past and present, embracing Laidley are something your club should be very proud of. Good karma indeed, and just good people.
Thanks Grrr it’s much appreciated.
I know this is a really difficult thing for a lot of the public to process (me included) and for it to be handled in a matter of fact way amongst such a mainstream environment is very uplifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back