Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Has Carey done anything real with the club since the indicent? Is there still bad blood there? Not sure if they'd want the influence there.

Maybe we should tag Carey and Sonja in the same twitter post to help get the ball rolling?
Duck blocked me lol because I called him a boomer because he didn’t know how to use hashtags

Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The last few pages makes for some interesting reading but what sticks out is just how delusional some of the rank and file are on here about our current situation.

So what if Duck said it’s the lowest points the clubs been in for some time.
His actions ducked the club and still are to this day, but back then we had strong on field leaders, we had Denis in the box and we endured.

Some just can’t come to terms and accept that things are ******* dire across the board. I’m yet to see any justifiable reasoning as to how they’re not. A young list doesn’t mean s**t and ours has holes in it.

This doesn’t mean that it’s all doom and gloom and we automatically get defensive when the clubs called out for its current woes. If it has merit and isn’t blind slander then we just got to wear it. Let me read it out for your all, Norths s**t does stink and right now we’re the worst performing side on the field and off it.

We’ve had a change in president, a change in football boss, a change in coach, the playing list has 3 key position players on it, we have no experienced on field leaders like Cunnington, Tarrant and Higging to help the Captain and our development is suspect and not to a standard we need.

All these issues are current but they’re fixable. So stop the lashing out, stop the “you ducked my club Wayne so you can go duck yourself” calls. The man clearly wants to help and I have it on good authority that the club is the party who stops him from assisting. Not Duck. Same with Corey. So why should they call knowing they’re going to be told thanks, but no thanks?

Sonja, Ben, Brady, Dan McPherson and Noble they need to get together, actually as a collective be on the same page and pick up the phone and bring these champions down. Nothing is more important than a united front right now and this would do wonders for the confidence levels and general excitement around the place.

For mine, the Carey curse won’t be healed until he is back down at a main training session with the Puma Polo top on and the place can finally get some closure and move on.

Yeah nah.

We might be the worst performing team going around - although West Coast with its dozen premiership players on their list and a lesser % than us despite an easier draw say hi - we ain't the worst performing Club - not by a long way.

The media and plenty on this Board continually confuse the team and the Club.

Never in my many years following the Club and its many teams, has it been debt free as it is now. Not a poker machine in sight either. Some achievement I would have thought.

We have a record membership this year despite not playing finals since 2016 and our major sponsor would be the envy of virtually every Club in the comp.The Club by any measure is clearly doing plenty right.

While the media - and sadly former players - bandy around words like broken and disturbing to describe our Club - there's zero mention of those other achievements. Preferring of course to record a live kill.

I have no idea whether the 3 recent departures from the recruiting department means the joint's in crisis, one wonders though when one of them wanted the Club to match another Club's offer.

What I do know is that the Club needs to show resolve and a heavy dose of defiance at this time. As supporters, we shouldn't be adding to the shitshow.

Just watched the segment Footy Carofied uploaded where they discussed North.

They just proved their ignorance with some of their comments regarding the Member Q&A, it was glaringly obvious that they hadn't actually watched anything outside the bites they showed on air.

Basically called it amateurish, pathetic and hastily thrown together and the wrong way to address the questions by keeping it in house (eg. PLEASE GIVE US THE CLICKS).

Did they not realise that it was a segment of considerable length that had been planned for literal weeks? And that the fans were likely to ask questions surrounding the negatives as well as the positive?

Heck, if they had chosen not to speak to those questions, the same media personalities would be accusing them of ignoring the fans and refusing to address the concerns of its members.

Really is a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

Noble: All the things that get misreported outside... they're just not true: Relationships with players, relationships with coaches, I was directed by the club to apologise, they are all untrue, substantially untrue. I just wish people would stop reporting them because they are just not true.

Strong statement. Seemed pretty emotional addressing it.

Just watched the segment Footy Carofied uploaded where they discussed North.

They just proved their ignorance with some of their comments regarding the Member Q&A, it was glaringly obvious that they hadn't actually watched anything outside the bites they showed on air.

Basically called it amateurish, pathetic and hastily thrown together and the wrong way to address the questions by keeping it in house (eg. PLEASE GIVE US THE CLICKS).

Did they not realise that it was a segment of considerable length that had been planned for literal weeks? And that the fans were likely to ask questions surrounding the negatives as well as the positive?

Heck, if they had chosen not to speak to those questions, the same media personalities would be accusing them of ignoring the fans and refusing to address the concerns of its members.

Really is a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

It's such unfortunate timing that it's being portrayed as a response to this week and not something that was already planned to happen.

Hopefully the players can really go out and make a good showing this weekend as well really need it more then ever after the media's been tearing us to shreds all week.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Noble: All the things that get misreported outside... they're just not true: Relationships with players, relationships with coaches, I was directed by the club to apologise, they are all untrue, substantially untrue. I just wish people would stop reporting them because they are just not true.

Didn't comment on his relationship with the list managers though :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah nah.

We might be the worst performing team going around - although West Coast with its dozen premiership players on their list and a lesser % than us despite an easier draw say hi - we ain't the worst performing Club - not by a long way.

The media and plenty on this Board continually confuse the team and the Club.

Never in my many years following the Club and its many teams, has it been debt free as it is now. Not a poker machine in sight either. Some achievement I would have thought.

We have a record membership this year despite not playing finals since 2016 and our major sponsor would be the envy of virtually every Club in the comp.The Club by any measure is clearly doing plenty right.

While the media - and sadly former players - bandy around words like broken and disturbing to describe our Club - there's zero mention of those other achievements. Preferring of course to record a live kill.

I have no idea whether the 3 recent departures from the recruiting department means the joint's in crisis, one wonders though when one of them wanted the Club to match another Club's offer.

What I do know is that the Club needs to show resolve and a heavy dose of defiance at this time. As supporters, we shouldn't be adding to the shitshow.
Yeah, yeah.
I don’t disagree with the premise of your post you but you completely miss the mark in terms of mine.
I believe the club is working hard to get better I just don’t feel we’re quite there yet so I’m glad to hear that they’re picking up the phone and asking for help now. The soft cap is maxed out. It makes total sense. That’s all I was asking for.

I applaud your for trying to stay positive and clearly many posters seek that reassurance but comparing us to West Coast who can buy their way out of their issues as they’ve done time and time again is irrelevant. The things you list like debt and poker machines other clubs are years ahead of us in terms of having cash reserves and no gambling revenue. Of course with out the Tasmanian sponsorship money we’d probably be ****ed and Amarfio doesn’t have a plan to replace it.
You say record membership I say 13,000 to a home game. You say sponsorship envy I say Collingwood and Carlton can’t find enough room on their polos to fit theirs in.

Whoever’s not with us is against us but as a supporter I know that there is plenty of work to do. The club now just needs to get on with it. If we can’t stomach the fact that our current position isn’t immune from criticism then we’re just as delusional as some of these other clubs who think they’re going okay.

Not everything is as bad as it seems and on the other hand you can’t keep telling lies to yourself about how good you are when you have achieved * all success in the last 20 years and won 5 games of football in 2 and half seasons. It doesn’t work like that.

He handled that interview really well.

Touché Noble.

But I think it very much is an us vs the media type of situation right now
Expecting some comments from the footy shows over the next day or so having a crack at Noble for defending himself.

"But my thourthes say thats not accurate! Davids is a liarrrrrr"

HELLSBELLS

Club Legend
Jun 18, 2007
VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Duck blocked me lol because I called him a boomer because he didn’t know how to use hashtags

He is quick to block. Bit weak.

I've lost nearly all love for that boke over the last 18 months. He knows the deal but whacks away anyway. Which is what he should of done 20 odd years ago. Just whacked away.

I kind of feel like he's a bit of a *******.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Noble and Amarfio were great.

Also Ziebell getting out there and doing the media rounds ahead of his 250th is why he’s captain. It should’ve been all about him and because of all the stuff going on he fronted up. That wouldn’t have been easy but he did it with positivity. Not a hint of sulking. Just fronted up and played a straight bat. He’s a ripper.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

He spoke very well and while I could see his emotion, he held it together.

He is showing stability and with all this BS going around, I think he has the hardest job ATM.

I got a lot of “let’s move on” in his manner.

this first half of the fixture has been quite brutal.

About as Brutal as it could be.

1653538099211.png

We have played 1 bottom 4 side from either year, and we beat them.

We have played 6 top 8 sides from each year.

We have played the 2 biggest movers up the ladder this year.

We played biggest and second biggest sliders, the second biggest (port) we played after they had clicked their s**t into gear.

It is not the reason we are where we are but it sure as s**t has not helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back