Opinion Commentary & Media VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth in Media. Let's see this week. Weagles were terrible again yesterday. Absolute rabble. Bulldogs ain't exactly firing and to put that effort in on their homedeck boasting senior players like Barass, Darling, Gaff, Kelly, Kennedy, McGovern, Shuey, Petrevski-Seton and Witherden is pretty newsworthy. Much more credentialled and talented than our senior bunch and should be much more competitive regardless of the Covid card that their media darlings keep playing on their behalf. White flag stuff.

Real issues happened last weekend and have gone largely unreported, or completely unreported by AFL media types.

A bloke could have been killed in an attack at the Dreamtime game, and other violence occurred at that game also.

Some of the all time worst umpiring was seen on the weekend also.

We have been the perfect look over here for the AFL this week.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s because it’s been headlining the main news, not the sports section. The cops had the media there as they carried out the arrest warrant.

Ben Brown has 2 touches in a game… crickets.

Other teams in our position have usually torn themselves apart. Hard to imagine any organisation hitting rock bottom & maintaining buy-in from everyone.

Being an ardent fan in the outer, all I can do is welcome the scrutiny & always take a critical view of the motive of the source & the 'journo'/media 'personality'.

They might treat this like it is a reality TV show, Survivor Arden St, but for us ardent Roos this is about whether we rise to compete & then genuinely become long term contenders.

View attachment 1411239

From the same guy (Langdon) who did say watch that week for Cerra re-signing
I hate this s**t, if you make this call put the balls of the line and write the story. Say sources within the club or whatever you have to.

This smart arse bullshit is for the birds

Truth in Media. Let's see this week. Weagles were terrible again yesterday. Absolute rabble. Bulldogs ain't exactly firing and to put that effort in on their homedeck boasting senior players like Barass, Darling, Gaff, Kelly, Kennedy, McGovern, Shuey, Petrevski-Seton and Witherden is pretty newsworthy. Much more credentialled and talented than our senior bunch and should be much more competitive regardless of the Covid card that their media darlings keep playing on their behalf. White flag stuff.
No one tanks, and avoids the heat, like the Eagles.

Other teams in our position have usually torn themselves apart. Hard to imagine any organisation hitting rock bottom & maintaining buy-in from everyone.

Being an ardent fan in the outer, all I can do is welcome the scrutiny & always take a critical view of the motive of the source & the 'journo'/media 'personality'.

They might treat this like it is a reality TV show, Survivor Arden St, but for us ardent Roos this is about whether we rise to compete & then genuinely become long term contenders.
Well, if there is any benefit of Chinese democracy that is our Board it is that it leaves little opportunity for political factions to undermine those in control.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carey says that he'd come and help us.

Amarfio extends the invitation to him to come down and help.

Duck responds by saying: Well actually.. I'm arms length from the club. I've heard stuff from ex team mates that theirs fractures at the club, I don't actually know. Let's be honest, what would I be going back to the club to do? Take Larkey for marking practice? For me to know what they want blah blah blah. Invitations all good blah blah blah

Loved him as a player but the campaigner is all talk.

Carey says that he'd come and help us.

Amarfio extends the invitation to him to come down and help.

Duck responds by saying: Well actually.. I'm arms length from the club. I've heard stuff from ex team mates that theirs fractures at the club, I don't actually know. Let's be honest, what would I be going back to the club to do? Take Larkey for marking practice? For me to know what they want blah blah blah. Invitations all good blah blah blah

Loved him as a player but the campaigner is all talk.
Carey is all piss and wind.

Yeah I will help, well actually……….

He isn’t a true North Melbourne person, he only cares about one person, and that is himself.

It’s such a shame that the clubs greatest player of all time, doesn’t really give a * about the club. But it’s not unexpected from a bloke with his track record.

Message to Wayne, if you don’t want to be part of the solution, then your comments are doing nothing more than adding to the problem.

Last edited:
Carey is all piss and wind.

Yeah I will help, well actually……….

He isn’t a true North Melbourne person, he only cares about one person, and that is himself.

It’s such a shame that the clubs greatest player of all time, doesn’t really give a duck about the club. But it’s not unexpected from a bloke with his track record.
I agree he always has the sound bite but never follows through…..take a look at what Corey McKernan is doing

I agree he always has the sound bite but never follows through…..take a look at what Corey McKernan is doing
It’s actually at times like this that you truly find out who wants to back the club and help and those that are only interested in serving their own interests.

I have no issue with Carey not wanting to help out, but I do have issue with his fake concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back