Club Legend
Jun 18, 2007
VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Its called subtext Mav.

And tell me how you avoid this bias, given how strident you are and how fixed in your opinions you get once you get a bee in your bonnet over things.

This for example. Buckley is pretty clear and explicit about what he is saying. He doesn't single the club out, although the other guys, especially Watson, try to. he just points out the hype about the situation. Maybe he sees a similarity with where he was at a young age.

Re JHF. Honestly I hope he's not happy with how things are. No one at the club should be. Really. We might be where we expected to be if things didn't go well, and behind where we'd be if they did, but no one is enjoying it.

But you relayed information that is just perfect for your bias. You're not happy with things and don't like the captain. So obviously JHF isn't happy with the leadership at the club. That is perfect for the NACA bias you've had against Jack since he was made captain.

Doesn't matter if its objectively true or not, why should we trust your biased opinion more than something like the BUckley story which clearly points to more than just JHF being unhappy at the club, that this is a media driven s**t storm?

Spot on Ferball. No one should be happy at the club

For what its worth he wont take the easy way out and leave i still believe his manager and Family will tell him to stay.
They know how weak it will look if he walks away and i dont think that will sit well with anyone.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Perfect example of the inability of this forum to actually analyze anything without bias.

Please show me where in the media someone has said the interaction with Goldy means JHF hated the club. You’ve just made that up.

Thanks for proving my pint.
No you said he hates the club. I think everyone is combining everything.

I do think, and I can’t believe I agree with bucks the media pile on is a huge factor. If everyone is saying it’s s**t and he should go to the frequency that has occured I can’t blame him for believing it.

As I said last night in my many meltdowns. It stinks. The media have absolutely driven a massive part of this, the audacity of north trying to have a premium player.

Its called subtext Mav.

And tell me how you avoid this bias, given how strident you are and how fixed in your opinions you get once you get a bee in your bonnet over things.

This for example. Buckley is pretty clear and explicit about what he is saying. He doesn't single the club out, although the other guys, especially Watson, try to. he just points out the hype about the situation. Maybe he sees a similarity with where he was at a young age.

Re JHF. Honestly I hope he's not happy with how things are. No one at the club should be. Really. We might be where we expected to be if things didn't go well, and behind where we'd be if they did, but no one is enjoying it.

But you relayed information that is just perfect for your bias. You're not happy with things and don't like the captain. So obviously JHF isn't happy with the leadership at the club. That is perfect for the NACA bias you've had against Jack since he was made captain.

Doesn't matter if its objectively true or not, why should we trust your biased opinion more than something like the BUckley story which clearly points to more than just JHF being unhappy at the club, that this is a media driven s**t storm?
Because I deal in facts from sources that are 100% trust worthy.

Go back and look. I got very good info that he wanted out and posted it here long before all this s**t storm started. So I either had really good info, or the whole media blow up is because of what I posted. You take your pick.

r_boy

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 12, 2007
Northern Territory
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Its called subtext Mav.

The ITKers live in an echo chamber with their select mates from the club. They hear what they want to hear with a splash of Chinese whispers. I don't believe 80% of what they say is inside knowledge.

What about Uncle Leo with the emergency board meeting to sack Noble? Haven't seen the apology for that one yet.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
All I know is I am sick of hearing about Jason Horne-Francis.

The things being mentioned about JHF, apply to quite a few of the players at the moment. I am not sure why the media hasn’t said they are all leaving as well?

I know I’m harping on it, but these types of behaviours are usually attributed to one or two things.

A) I hate my teammates so I can’t be arsed working hard to help them.

or

B) I hate my coach and can’t be arsed playing for him.

Whichever one it is the club needs to get to the bottom of it pretty quick, because it’s not just one player we are taking about.

Midas

Team Captain
May 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

The things being mentioned about JHF, apply to quite a few of the players at the moment. I am not sure why the media hasn’t said they are all leaving as well?

I know I’m harping on it, but these types of behaviours are usually attributed to one or two things.

or

Whichever one it is the club needs to get to the bottom of it pretty quick, because it’s not just one player we are taking about.
Or
C) I'm 18, I am copping scrutiny from everywhere, I am living in a new state and I'm sick of being in the limelight and am having trouble handling it. I am completely confused and in a position where I have no previous experience to allow me to process it in a way that might be better for me.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne

or

Trying to simplify what is a complex issue, trying to finger point to one selected party, based on your personal external opinion…

Yes, you are harping on about it.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Or
C) I'm 18, I am copping scrutiny from everywhere, I am living in a new state and I'm sick of being in the limelight and am having trouble handling it. I am completely confused and in a position where I have no previous experience to allow me to process it in a way that might be better for me.
How does it explain the same type of behaviours we are seeing from Tarryn Thomas, Jy Simpkin and Jaiden Stephenson to name a few?

All three are not working anywhere near the level they have in the past.

People think this is siloed to JHF but it’s also filtered through other players.

The only discernible difference is that JHF has been more transparent with his body language which I agree, probably comes with him being new to the system.

But watch the work rate of the other three I mentioned and you will see a massive drop off from previous seasons.

A prime example is Simpkin with his tackle and chase efforts. I can’t recall him ever being this lazy with his defensive efforts.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Or

18yo, 12 games and the most talked about and possibly public recognised player at the club.

There’s always going to be scrutiny on the number 1 pick, but this has gone beyond anything I’d have imagined.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How does it explain the same type of behaviours we are seeing from Tarryn Thomas, Jy Simpkin and Jaiden Stephenson to name a few?

All three are not working anywhere near the level they have in the past.

People think this is siloed to JHF but it’s also filtered through other players.

The only discernible difference is that JHF has been more transparent with his body language which I agree, probably comes with him being new to the system.

But watch the work rate of the other three I mentioned and you will see a massive drop off from previous seasons.

A prime example is Simpkin with his tackle and chase efforts. I can’t recall him ever being this lazy with his defensive efforts.
Gee you like to spin s*** up out of nothing to get your point across, don't you?

Simpkin, Stephenson, JHF & Thomas "issues" are unrelated until proven otherwise.

Simpkin has worked his a*** off this year. His drop off in form without Cunners in the side + the responsibility of being the number 1 mid, isn't a new issue. He's struggled with this even in the year he won the bnf. His work rate 99% of the time cannot be questioned. Putting him in the same basket as the other three is insulting.

Stephenson has had various issues since being drafted. Personally I think the coaches aren't using him correctly. He was always going to struggle in a poor side, he's a cream player. However, his issues can't seriously be pinned on Noble can they?

Thomas has had question marks about professionalism since being drafted. If he isn't responsible for his extra curricular activity impacting his training & playing performance, who the f*** is?

JHF's situation has been summed up perfectly by Midas & Passmore, so I don't think I'll even bother to speculate.

Summary = You'll spin this however you can to suit your narrative.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
but we don't believe what people say in the media so therefore Bucks is full of s**t.

What? That’s such a gross generalisation. Some in the media like Corn for example and others aren’t, they just want to make a name for themselves to stay relevant.

I don’t have a blanket opinion of everyone in the media because they’re all different. Some are pure journalists who won’t go with a story unless they have it from multiple sources. Then there’s those that have just been grandfathered in. And then there’s those that are on radio that just want to get people listening and ringing in.

What? That’s such a gross generalisation. Some in the media like Corn for example and others aren’t, they just want to make a name for themselves to stay relevant.

I don’t have a blanket opinion of everyone in the media because they’re all different. Some are pure journalists who won’t go with a story unless they have it from multiple sources. Then there’s those that have just been grandfathered in. And then there’s those that are on radio that just want to get people listening and ringing in.
The fact you are so dismissive of Corns just shows you have no ability to judge what is s**t and what isn't. He may be an opinionated nob but he doesn't make stuff up.

The fact you are so dismissive of Corns just shows you have no ability to judge what is s**t and what isn't. He may be an opinionated nob but he doesn't make stuff up.
Then he can't keep track of his 'truth'. Quite often the signing amount for players goes up and up in the same afternoon. With other news, what he's heard often varies quite considerably from call to call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back