Commentators last Night (##Healey)

Remove this Banner Ad

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Now I gotta say upfront Gerard healey lost a fair amount of cred in my mind earlier this year when he campaigned adnauseum for simmo to be our FF...yes folks thats the fella that couldn't catch a beachball before he retired and nevermind the potential Coleman medalist in our ranks...But fair dinkum last night was just a joke...the tigers must have been 10g down, the condescending way in which he was belittling our great side..and leaving Stephen Hill all alone...oh we were just off the chain:eek:, nevermind his opponent racking up 25 possies, take your pick webberely or edwards both instrumental...No he aint the first fwit to come undone with his comical interpretation of league footballers..but he has stuck in my craw

Agree Bo. Was shocking.

He called out Shane Jackson at least 3 times and I'm still not sure if he meant Edwards or Jacko.

And the way he went on about Nahas being a great set shot for goal and us tigers would be relieved it was in his hands??? WTF??? Anybody who has watched us knows Nahas is a terrible set shot. Just has no clue about our great club!!

Far to much coaching not enough commentating, sick of listening to failed and has been coaches woffling what they would do and not calling the game

Far to much coaching not enough commentating, sick of listening to failed and has been coaches woffling what they would do and not calling the game

Exactly, these guys have no insight of relevance and it seems all they're interested in doing is feeding their own egos.

FFS they can't even get players names right? This is their jobs ffs. If a cricket commentator like Richie Benaud can accurately pronounce the players in a Sri Lankan cricket team, these jokers have absolutely no excuse for getting the names of AFL players wrong.

It's nothing less than their deep seated bias showing through and this should be the first thing they drop when moving from playing/coaching to commentary.

Couldn't have been too much worse that the sh*t i had to put up with on 3AW.
David King was on Dusty's back all night, saying that the kid plays out of his ability and he should stick to the basics of football.

Then I called 3AW after the game and asked him what he thought of Dusty's last goal...he did a total 180! What a c**khead!

Healy is usually pretty good as far as Richmond go. Definitely has a soft spot for us.

It was just the fact it was his favourite team Freo that led things a bit astray but he wasn't a complete disgrace.

Or not as far as the new standards were set for a disgrace anyway, when Tom Harley did special comments in the Cats vs Saints game a couple of weeks back.

Healy is usually pretty good as far as Richmond go. Definitely has a soft spot for us.

It was just the fact it was his favourite team Freo that led things a bit astray but he wasn't a complete disgrace.

Or not as far as the new standards were set for a disgrace anyway, when Tom Harley did special comments in the Cats vs Saints game a couple of weeks back.

soft spot you reckon, could have fooled me, all I ask is that they be balanced and objective, he was anything but. I mean what with stephen hill he was given a hiding , how many times did the boofhead suggest if the tiges keep playing wide of him he'll tear you apart:eek:

Last night on AW both Healey and Russell said they were gutted they don’t have the Richmond game this week as they will miss watching them. They are hanging for the for the Crows game as that is the next time they will see us as they reckoned we are the most exciting team in the comp to watch… Seems like a lot of journos have changed their tune and saying the same thing. How times have changed. :rolleyes:

But very exciting for us the rest of the footy world is thinking that. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last night on AW both Healey and Russell said they were gutted they don’t have the Richmond game this week as they will miss watching them. They are hanging for the for the Crows game as that is the next time they will see us as they reckoned we are the most exciting team in the comp to watch… Seems like a lot of journos have changed their tune and saying the same thing. How times have changed. :rolleyes:

But very exciting for us the rest of the footy world is thinking that. :)

Its great to see us playing that old brand of long contested footy that I thought was dead. Just nice to see a coach come in with a gameplan that suits the team as opposed to the convoluted tripe Terry tried.

Healy really gets on my nerves, and next time you see a game with the 'Ox' just watch how the side with even a bit of momentum or the lead is suddenly a 10 goal better side and the team losing is over-rated, and if it changes, he says, 'I dunno what happened.' Tom Harley is about the only 'special comments' man who adds anything to any telecast.

And Bruce the goose, I swear he reads from the teleprompter and someone has given him the Ron Burgundy, every sentence ends in a question. Sure, rhetorical questions are ok every now and then, but bruce, relax. He's good isn't he? How good was that? He's gonna be a gem isn't he? Didn't he do that well? SHUT UP BRUCE, WE CAN'T BLOODY ANSWER. JUST SHUT UP AND LET DENNIS SPEAK

and apparently Michael Tuck plays for Richmond. At least there are no ads after a goal on Fox

He probably is just a big Michael Jackson fan.

Referring to Shane Edwards as Shane Jackson gave him the chance to use his awesome line, "...and he is dancing like Michael".

Or he is just a * who constantly messed up the names :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back