Game Day Community Series- Nmfc v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao the melts who are already questioning the coach after 2 pre season losses. It’s going to take time.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

God knows if we’ll end up being successful, but I suspect that the aim is looking slightly further ahead than a practice game against Hawthorn in March 2021.

Look at who Hawthorn had on the ground you idiot!

Do you think Clarkson pulled 14 x Chris Grants out of his arse at the draft?
Clarkson has had what 18 years? to hone his coaching and game plan. He’s not 2 games into his coaching career and still knowing f*ck all about his playing group, who incidentally are also only 2 games into learning a new game plan.

Or are you going to tell me HOW GOOD CLARKO WAS AFTER HIS FIRST 2 GAMES AS AN AFL COACH?

Clarkson has had what 18 years?

Are we the AFL coaches work experience club? Noble has been in the AFL in a senior footy department capacity for how long? What about the supposedly sh!t hot John Blakey?

It was abysmal. Today was a tactical shambles.

Are we the AFL coaches work experience club? Noble has been in the AFL in a senior footy department capacity for how long? What about the supposedly sh!t hot John Blakey?

It was abysmal. Today was a tactical shambles.
I don’t think that’s right. The game plan to use the corridor wherever possible was evident, but the first half dozen attempts ended in a turnover and meant they were chasing the game from quarter time. For a team previously schooled in holding it up and kicking to a contest down the line, it’s a long process of re-education

The new coach would want to have some astute plans, quick-smart.

At the end of the day, the buck ALWAYS stops, with the coach.

The coach has moved Jack Ziebell, to half back. Not the list manager.

The list manager delisted Jmac, EVW and Tom Murphy.

The new coach would want to have some astute plans, quick-smart.

At the end of the day, the buck ALWAYS stops, with the coach.

The coach has moved Jack Ziebell, to half back. Not the list manager.
The coach is doing the captain a favour trying to find him a spot; whether there is one remains to be seen.

The list manager delisted Jmac, EVW and Tom Murphy.

Yep.

With Ziebell's new found fitness, he would be much better suited to a mid/fwd role, don't you think?

He could play the lead-up role, we've been craving.

The coach is doing the captain a favour trying to find him a spot; whether there is one remains to be seen.
Eh, I still think JZ would be a lock as a forward tbh but we just have a lot of far younger and similar options who are creeping up on his output, so it makes a degree of sense to try and adapt him to a spot on the ground that could also suit his skillset.

Wasn't a great showing today, but the backline as a whole was pretty awful. It will 100% take time for him to adjust to playing on a man, but I expect his disposal, intercepting, and crunching bodywork in a marking contest to improve pretty rapidly once the season proper starts. I have concerns but for me he's a long way away from being written off. Also it should be noted that he did do a lot of things really well, including exploiting the new marking rules a few times, but the bad (which outside of maybe 3 quite egregious turnovers was mostly to do with pure defending) seemingly outweighed that.

Eh, I still think JZ would be a lock as a forward tbh but we just have a lot of far younger and similar options who are creeping up on his output, so it makes a degree of sense to try and adapt him to a spot on the ground that could also suit his skillset.

Wasn't a great showing today, but the backline as a whole was pretty awful. It will 100% take time for him to adjust to playing on a man, but I expect his disposal, intercepting, and crunching bodywork in a marking contest to improve pretty rapidly once the season proper starts. I have concerns but for me he's a long way away from being written off. Also it should be noted that he did do a lot of things really well, including exploiting the new marking rules a few times, but the bad (which outside of maybe 3 quite egregious turnovers was mostly to do with pure defending) seemingly outweighed that.
I agree, we're entitled to persevere with a great servant, and you're right, of course he can get better in the role with more practise/exposure. For me, the problem is that when Taz returns, JZ and Corr are essentially playing the same role, and the whole mix down back is out of whack as a result. Wish JZ all the best, but at some point the coach might face a tough call

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think that’s right. The game plan to use the corridor wherever possible was evident, but the first half dozen attempts ended in a turnover and meant they were chasing the game from quarter time. For a team previously schooled in holding it up and kicking to a contest down the line, it’s a long process of re-education

I was clear what we’re trying to do, we just ****ed up too often to carry it off. I guess the option are...

A. We implement a game plan to suit poorly skilled plodders or
B. We implemen a game plan that can be successful, really successful, and keep turning over players who aren’t up to it.

I thought Spicer was good with his forward pressure ,,
but everything else I saw today was sh*t.

3 players that weren’t touched by 17 other clubs.

The referencing of 2020 list management decisions today is just pathetic.

3 players all younger and more suited to the backline than Ziebell.

There are 17 clubs who wouldn’t be playing Ziebell in the backline.

When’s Perez back - need his speed and class off hbf ASAP

I am manifesting that he will be in our starting 22 ASAP

Where does the buck stop?

You guys literally act like Noble is incapable of taking responsibility for the team. Can I please remind you it’s only been 2 fking PRE SEASON GAMES and that it takes a long time to solidly and consistently play a game style which is fluent. Serious melts, if you aren’t here for the long haul why even be here in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back