May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I am manifesting that he will be in our starting 22 ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

ASAP will need to include weeks of uninterrupted training, then a block of VFL to get some touch.

I want him him as much as anyone, but we need to set him up for success long term. Not throw him to the wolves for the sake of a quick sugar hit.

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Where does the buck stop?

The buck stops with the numb nuts who ran our football dept over the last 5 years.

Blaming Noble or anyone else new to the club for losing two scratch matches is like blaming the janitor for someone else's mess before he's even plugged the vacuum cleaner in to clean it up.

Last edited:
ASAP will need to include weeks of uninterrupted training, then a block of VFL to get some touch.

I want him him as much as anyone, but we need to set him up for success long term. Not throw him to the wolves for the sake of a quick sugar hit.

Haha yes I just got abit ahead of myself because he is one of my favourite ever since his first game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
The buck stops with the numb nuts who ran our football dept over the last 5 years.

Blaming Noble or anyone else new to the club for losing two scratch matches is like blaming the janitor for a mess before he's even plugged the vacuum cleaner in.

What we have right now is the result of football department with no direction since the end of 2016. It’ll take more than one reduced pre season and 2 scratchies to turn this thing around.

Jul 27, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just watching the replay -

First quarter -
two goals from s**t positioning from blokes who are playing defence for the first time (atu, jz)

horrible by foot in the back half when going slow. When going fast we’ve struggled to maintain the footy and it rebounds pretty quickly

on the positive front -
LDU, looks really good
Aggression from Larkey when the footy hits the deck, some good pressure from Zurhaar, Taylor, Stephenson and turner

Dom Tysonshould have kicked a goal, Zurhaar had a s**t snap, Powell was unrewarded with a holding the footy which would have been a goal.

lazzaro looks like he fits, busy around the contest and moves well

young looks agood size neat, lacks a little toe

all in all our skills let us down when we want to go quick and it hurts us the other way but plenty of positives

Jul 27, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
2nd quarter

dominated the footy and then let it go the last 4 minutes

pressure around the footy was great, forward pressure excellent

simpkin more of the footy and kickingit more meant better entries but still ultimately can use it better

Powell got a * tonne of it, makes pretty good decisions, short kicking needs work but his hands are top notch

walker as a focal point next to Larkey is great, need to work on one playing higher up the ground though, they both play their best deep and I think that Larkey is limited when walker plays deep

Turners pressure was excellent - he earns that goal when no one else wanted to go

who the * takes our second Ruck? Hopefully not larkey

LDU quieter but feel like he may have had a spell and was more involved later in the quarter

Ziebell looks much better as a defender higher up the ground. He’s a see ball get ball player though and if he has the second guess he gets caught out, if he goes to the contest and doesn’t impact (more often than not he goes to ground) then his man gets out the back. And if he turns it over then we get cooked. Will be interesting to see if the coaches have the prunes to persist with this experiment when the speed of the game goes up again this year

barnrokn

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2017
Straightouttanthmelb
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
Ziebells men have had close to 10 shots on goal.
Yeah he was f.;:n horrible some of the stuff he did was embarrassing
I never want to pot one of our own but if he plays in the backline like that when the real stuff starts f,.cl me.
And while I’m still nice and pissy I couldn’t stop bagging number 4 possibly the worst bloke I’ve seen in a north jumper. Three qtr time looked it up Aiden bloody Corr piss off back to Mardi gra land
End rant
Go North
And yeah the beer was horrendous too

barnrokn

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2017
Straightouttanthmelb
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
Good tackle by JZ, and Corr taking the player over the line. Impressed with how physical Corr has been at time. Really impressing me over all.
[/
1615029665363.gif

barnrokn

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2017
Straightouttanthmelb
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
I love Zurhaar, but is he a poor mans De Goey?
Drunk too much much of his own bath water
Struts around like Dermie and like most of our blokes in no danger of leather poisoning.
Dancing around to the music in the warmups made me sick come out and kick 10 then you can get away with that s**t

Our forwardline is very green. Can't see us blowing any teams away this year. Will have to take wins where we can get them.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Drunk too much much of his own bath water
Struts around like Dermie and like most of our blokes in no danger of leather poisoning.
Dancing around to the music in the warmups made me sick come out and kick 10 then you can get away with that sh*t

I'm starting to believe that myself.

The bloke has significant tickets on himself, and right now he can't back it up.

He came out of nowhere, and it looks as though he's gone back there.

barnrokn

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2017
Straightouttanthmelb
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
Be careful. The apologists are out tonight. They won't like that comment one bit. Even though it almost sums up the game to a tee (it just needs a touch of "and do we do skills training of set shot practice" to make it complete).
Walked away from this one genuinely angry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back