Game Day Community Series vs Port Adelaide. RICHMOND OVAL. 3:40pm Saturday 5th March

Remove this Banner Ad

For all those lauding Brisbane's role in delisting Keays it should be remembered he was in reality swapped for CEY.
He's improved each year he's been with us and there's no reason to think that can't continue.
It's only his decision making that's holding him back. If he improves this he'll be fine.
His kicking and his errant handballing needs a shitload of work too.

He’s 25… nothing has changed in the last two years..

Hard to see it changing now..

He’s a lowly skilled scrapper.. always has been, probably always will be unfortunately..

Haha

Both average close to the same disposals per game in 2021

Benny has Christian covered for Turnovers per game.....just. BK 6.59 - CP 6.20

Christian has Benny for Clangers per game...just. CP 5.0 - BK 4.64

Christian has Benny covered for Disposal efficiency....just. CP 62% - BK 65.5%
Geez….

You almost make it sound like hes just as good as Christian Petracca!!.. maybe we should trade Benny for 3 first round draft picks at the end of the year!..

When we all know that if petracca and keays both got 30 possessions in a game..

20 of Petracca’s would be damaging to the opposition..

Whereas… barely 5 of Keays’s possessions would..

The folly of relying on stats and champion data garbage when comparing players..

Geez….

You almost make it sound like hes just as good as Christian Petracca!!.. maybe we should trade Benny for 3 first round draft picks at the end of the year!..

The folly of relying on stats and champion data garbage when comparing players..
It's gonna be tough watching crouch and keays in the same team this year.
Gonna be pulling our hair out quite often.
But that's where we are at atm.

He’s a lowly skilled scrapper.. always has been, probably always will be unfortunately..
I enjoy your hyperbole. Did he run over your dog before he cam down to us?

Geez….

Never said anything like that, just pointing out even the top players are far from perfect and those numbers back that up.

And on those 3 less than flattering stat definitions they ARE comparable.

I enjoy your hyperbole. Did he run over your dog before he cam down to us?
Nope.. rate Benny as a great clubman, rate his effort and how he always gives 100%..

Unfortunately he’s just not that great a player..

Nothing against the bloke at all.

Really dont understand why I need to keep repeating this given I have said the same thing after the last six or so posters falsely accused me of somehow hating Benny..

I love how you guys have spent pages arguing back and forth if Ben keays is a good player or not, this is a discussion forum if I’m not wrong and everyone is entitled to their opinion, there is no winner, stop wasting your time and get over it.

I love how you guys have spent pages arguing back and forth if Ben keays is a good player or not, this is a discussion forum if I’m not wrong and everyone is entitled to their opinion, there is no winner, stop wasting your time and get over it.
Incase you only came down in the last shower..

We’re waiting for the season to start. Talking bullshit over and over again is all we have at this point.

Join in or GAGF’d!..

Would love that.. have suggested many times that Jones now looks to have regained his confidence and should be thrown back into the middle. Hes got more skill, speed and footy smarts than nearly anyone at the club..

But it seems the club is hell bent on making a fulltime mid out of Lairdy… they probably rate him in front of sloaney and crouch at the moment!..

Jones and footy smarts does not go together. He moved to a back pocket for a reason.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jones and footy smarts does not go together. He moved to a back pocket for a reason.

He was moved to the half back line because he was completely miss managed by the morons running the club in 2018/19.. who, instead of letting him play his natural game, strangely told him to focus on his opponent more than the ball as if they were trying to add “tagger” to his game..

All it ended up doing is completely ruining his natural game and utterly destroying all of his confidence.

Thankfully Nicksy came along, helped the kid work on these issues and it looks as if the lads confidence and natural game is well on the way to being returned.

The kid has shitloads of class, talent in spades, speed, is a great decision maker, the perfect amount of agression and yes, a great football brain.

Hopefully he’ll really start to turn it on moving forward as he would be a great addition to the midfield/CB rotations..

He was moved to the half back line because he was completely miss managed by the morons running the club in 2018/19.. who, instead of letting him play his natural game, strangely told him to focus on his opponent more than the ball as if they were trying to add “tagger” to his game..

All it ended up doing is completely ruining his natural game and utterly destroying all of his confidence.

Thankfully Nicksy came along, helped the kid work on these issues and it looks as if the lads confidence and natural game is well on the way to being returned.

The kid has shitloads of class, talent in spades, speed, is a great decision maker, the perfect amount of agression and yes, a great football brain.

Hopefully he’ll really start to turn it on moving forward as he would be a great addition to the midfield/CB rotations..
👍slowly getting over Goddenism

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha

This is one of the most asinine things you've ever posted, and that's saying something.

I hope he does turn it around but he still looks timid and lacking confidence after 2 years of Nicks and being moved to a fairly simple role.

I've seen glimpses of midfield ability but he just can't near it often enough. Those single digit disposal games are just not going to cut it.

Jones should focus on defense and carve his niche there, forget about midfield for a few years. I'd love him to use his pace and kicking skills there and be an attacking defender who can use his strong frame to keep his opponent in check.

Hmmm - I said players

So it has to be specifically from the midfield group? Okay - I'll bite. Here are 2 from the past 4 grand finals.

Adam Kennedy - GWS 2019.
Chris Masten - WCE 2018
Adam Kennedy was/is a small defender.

Chris Masten was pick 3 back in 2007 and played 215 games. 14 possessions in the 2018 GF. Keays 2021 being better than Masten 2018 is a reasonable call.

Let me start by saying I'm a big fan of Jones, I think he's athletic with pace and great leap, has neat skills, puts his head over the ball, thought there was a high ceiling for him. Now im thinking he doesnt have the spatial awareness for midfield, so the hb role is something he can potentially be AA.

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I said they weren't worse than him, and were they genuine midf?

And like my Luko prediction (which has been proven correct), give my Tilly prediction some time (I think 9 will be just about spot on).

He ain't 22 yet. There are plenty of things you have been proven to be. Correct ain't one of em.

Last edited:
Haha

Stats. Nice. Unfortunately there’s a bit more to the game. And I knew you’d prefer all our mids over Petracca, that’s how bad a judge you are. Stick with the scouting of kids, that’s where your competency ends.

I’m happy to see if he elevates himself. But if he doesn’t improve his decision making abs disposal then he’s done. But we do love stat winners, so he’ll probably remain a key cog in our s**t midfield of disposal wasters.

Bicks reckons Keays is better than Petracca.
Where is this quote from Mutineer ?

I haven't seen him say this, so I suspect you are once again misrepresenting posters on this board.

You should show a quote when making a claim.

He never mentioned this is when comparing stats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back