Analysis Compare the Pair - 2010 vs 2019 Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree personally.

Both teams with no injuries?

I give the nod to 2019. 2010 is more fondly remembered for the gameplan which was literally designed to maximise strengths and minimise weaknesses.

Player for player I personally put 2019 above 2010.

Forward line of the 2019 is significantly stronger, the midfield is pretty damn close, particularly given that some of the 2010 midfield is still there and the backline of the 2019 team again, assuming no injuries I feel JUST nudges out the 2010 side.

Brown was not that great and only came into the side because Presti was injured but had a good finals series, Harry O and Shaw were Clanger kings, Maxy was a fantastic leader and a warrior but limited as an actual footballer.

I’m not suggesting the margin is huge, but I think some will ignore the gameplan that was built to maximise the strengths of that list.
Must say I agree with this, and I still think there's some room for improvement for our current team.

Not the best comparison. 2018 Richmond was better than 2017 Richmond, yet they didn't win the flag.
The competition is all about winning the last game of the year. That means 2017 Richmond was better to my thinking. Put another way,.. I'd rather p!ay 2018 September Richmond than 2017 September Richmond.
That aside..
2010 team had an edge in class and talent and an edge in hunger to chase and pressure. Fitness too maybe. Our two way running that year was unbelievably good.

The competition is all about winning the last game of the year. That means 2017 Richmond was better to my thinking. Put another way,.. I'd rather p!ay 2018 September Richmond than 2017 September Richmond.
That aside..
2010 team had an edge in class and talent and an edge in hunger to chase and pressure. Fitness too maybe. Our two way running that year was unbelievably good.

I wouldn't. Talent in the league can be stronger one year, and weaker the next. Admittedly, 2010 was a very strong top 4, with the Doggies, Saints, Cats and us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back