Analysis Single Malt GC Sporting Updates (TITANS NEWZ)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Proof Journalists read Bigfooty

There has been undeniable mountains of proof before that journalists need bigfooty. . . This? I'm not so sure :confused:

also not sure if needing of own thread

Yeah well if mods read this feel free to merge this with the crowd comparison thread. If you read what I wrote and then what he did they are very similar, sometimes even the same words are used. I just knew that lots of people on Bigfooty say journos read Bigfooty so I thought I would show some proof that I thought I had discovered.

The NRL have released the first few rounds schedule and looking at the first potential clash between the Suns and the Titans you will find that the NRL have opted to play the Titans v Bulldogs on the 1st of April (Sunday) rather than match up with the Suns who play on the 31st of March (Saturday).

There are still three potential clashes but at this point looking at the dateless schedule it would seem the Titans are going to completely avoid a clash with the Suns again this entire year. Probably a positive for both clubs as it will result in more people attending both but you have to think the NRL have done this on purpose to avoid embarrassment again.

Still on the topic of the NRL I have found that the day of the Swans v Giants game on the stand alone weekend will have only one game being played in Sydney by the NRL in a relatively small regional stadium so the Swans v Giants should be able to pull at least 40,000 with that in mind I would have thought. Back to the Suns though I think the attendance numbers this year for the Suns will average over 20,000 and there will be a call for an early upgrade to Metricon due to the popularity of the Suns. That is my prediction anyway.

Back to the Suns though I think the attendance numbers this year for the Suns will average over 20,000 and there will be a call for an early upgrade to Metricon due to the popularity of the Suns. That is my prediction anyway.

Big call, considering we are about 5000 members shy of what we acheived last year?

Appears at this stage the hype in the Gold Coast region has died down a bit. People will jump on board the wagon though once they are competitve. I think if somewhere very early on, we can jag 2 wins in a row that will give the attendances a boost and signal to the community that we can actually compete in the AFL now.

Remember we had 8 or 9 home games last year and didnt win a single one. So for the "less" passionate supporters it isn't very inviting to go along and watch your local club get beat. This will be a down year and those fringe type supporters who enjoy the game but dont want to part with their hard earned are probably taking a wait and see approach as to how they will fair this year.

I would expect 15k+ members in 2013 though as they will see the Suns on the rise this year, and then start pushing that 20k attendance barrier.

Big call, considering we are about 5000 members shy of what we acheived last year?

Appears at this stage the hype in the Gold Coast region has died down a bit. People will jump on board the wagon though once they are competitve. I think if somewhere very early on, we can jag 2 wins in a row that will give the attendances a boost and signal to the community that we can actually compete in the AFL now.

Remember we had 8 or 9 home games last year and didnt win a single one. So for the "less" passionate supporters it isn't very inviting to go along and watch your local club get beat. This will be a down year and those fringe type supporters who enjoy the game but dont want to part with their hard earned are probably taking a wait and see approach as to how they will fair this year.

I would expect 15k+ members in 2013 though as they will see the Suns on the rise this year, and then start pushing that 20k attendance barrier.

Yeah, I'm a little dissapointed with the membership numbers at the moment but if you take into account the 3 game Gabba memberships from last year that would of inflated our numbers, I know I bought 3 for my team at work so they could see the Suns in action, I wouldn't be suprised if this added and couple of thousand to the end figure.

I am hoping that a few more thousand will join up at the first couple of NAB games as this young club derserves to be well supported.

Titans round 1 home game crowd very underwhelming.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/canberra-raiders-beat-gold-coast-titans-24-12-in-nrl-round-2-clash-at-skilled-park/story-e6frep5x-1226295874676

But for all their great recruiting and last week's promising 18-0 win over North Queensland, the Gold Coast would be incredibly disappointed when just 11,378 fans bothered to attend their first home game of the season.

There wasn't too much for the Titans faithful to cheer about in the opening 20 minutes.

Haven't heard the last on this me thinks

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...ore-its-too-late/story-e6frg7w6-1226296463391

Little more than 11,000 attended the club's first home game of the year, meaning empty seats filled the backdrop on television coverage.

The Titans are a club under unique pressures. ARLC chief executive David Gallop has admitted his organisation is working through issues with the club, believed to be financial and related to the Centre of Excellence it built last year. Few clubs have been the subject of as much rumour and innuendo. Only last month, there were suggestions the ARLC may be forced to step in. Searle dismissed the rumour when contacted by The Australian last week, but it seems the Titans have reached a critical point in their short history.
The worry for Searle is that two years ago, the Titans had five crowds over 20,000 at Skilled Park. That same year they had only one under 13,000. Now consider this - in the club's past six home games back to midway through last year, it has had only one crowd in excess of 13,000.

Thought it was time to make the outline for the games being played on the Gold Coast in the 2012 season seeing as the NRL season has started and AFL season is starting soon:

Round 2 Titans v Raiders (Sat, 10 March, 4.30pm)
Skilled Park: 11,378

Round 3 Titans v Storm (Sat, 17 March, 4.30pm)
Skilled Park: 11,254

Same Weekend
Round 1 Suns v Crows (Sat, 31 March, 3.40pm)
Metricon Stadium: 12,790
Round 5 Titans v Bulldogs (Sun, 1 April, 2.00pm)
Skilled Park: 14,344

Round 6 Titans v Roosters (Sat, 7 April, 5.30pm)
Skilled Park: 11,478

Round 3 Suns v Bombers (Sat, 14 April, 7.40pm)
Metricon Stadium: 17,069

Head to Head
Round 6 Suns v Fremantle (Sat, 5 May, 4.40pm)
Metricon Stadium: 11,670
Round 9 Titans v Tigers (Sat, 5 May, 7.30pm)
Skilled Park: 14,254

Round 9 Suns v Port Adelaide (Sat, 26 May, 2.10pm)
Metricon Stadium: 12,416

Round 13 Titans v Cowboys (Fri, 1 June, 7.35pm)
Skilled Park: 12,092

Round 11 Suns v St Kilda (Sat, 9 June, 4.40pm)
Metricon Stadium: 12,534

Same Weekend
Round 12 Suns v Kangaroos (Sat, 16 June, 7.40pm)
Metricon Stadium: 10,170
Round 15 Titans v Panthers (Sun, 17 June, 2.00pm)
Skilled Park: 11,591

Same Weekend
Round 18 Titans v Warriors (Sat, 7 July, 7.30pm)
Skilled Park: 17,134
Round 15 Suns v Cats (Sun, 8 July, 3.15pm)
Metricon Stadium: 15,824

Same Weekend
Round 20 Titans v Broncos (Fri, 20 July, 7.35pm)
Skilled Park: 20,067
Round 17 Suns v Lions (Sat, 21 July, 4.40pm)
Metricon Stadium: 16,550

Round 18 Suns v Swans (Sat, 28 July, 7.40pm)
Metricon Stadium: 11,169

Round 22 Titans v Rabbitohs (Sun, 5 August, 3.00pm)
Skilled Park: 20,187

Round 20 Suns v Giants (Sat, 11 August, 4.40pm)
Metricon Stadium: 14,657

Round 24 Titans v Eels (Sun, 19 August, 2.00pm)
Skilled Park: 14,159

Round 22 Suns v Blues (Sat, 25 August, 7.40pm)
Metricon Stadium: 15,251

Round 26 Titans v Sea Eagles (Sat, 1 September, 5.30pm)
Skilled Park: 14,927

Highest Attendance: Titans v Broncos - 20,067
Lowest Attendance: Suns v Kangaroos - 10,170
2012 Head to Head Weekends: 1-0 Titans
2012 Same Weekends: 4-0 Titans
Current Suns Crowd Average: 13,645 (Total: 150,100 in 11 games)
Current Titans Crowd Average: 14,405 (Total: 172,863 in 12 games)

Last edited:
With the Q Clash weekend and Titans V Bronco. They really should work together, and perhaps work up a deal for a "Super Saturday" and really make it a Brisbane vs Gold Coast day. Get a double match ticket to both games, free transport etc... I think this is a marketing goldmine to be honest.

Instead of making it an us vs them.

Try something different, it hasn't been done anywhere in Australia I would think? We are already setting the trend for AFL the way our club has been built. I probably personally wouldn't go, but I could be persuaded as I've never even been to an NRL game or Skilled Park before.

The Titans-Storm game pulled just 11,254 tonight. You could blame it on bad weather but that crowd number is still very poor. Tonight they offered a deal that anyone who attended the Storm game would be given a free ticket to the next home game against the Bulldogs (the weekend of the Suns first round against the Crows). I don't think it is really going to make a difference, the Suns will pull more than the Titans on that weekend anyway.

With the Q Clash weekend and Titans V Bronco. They really should work together, and perhaps work up a deal for a "Super Saturday" and really make it a Brisbane vs Gold Coast day. Get a double match ticket to both games, free transport etc... I think this is a marketing goldmine to be honest.

Instead of making it an us vs them.

Try something different, it hasn't been done anywhere in Australia I would think? We are already setting the trend for AFL the way our club has been built. I probably personally wouldn't go, but I could be persuaded as I've never even been to an NRL game or Skilled Park before.

Logistics could be difficult but a top idea I reckon. Will not happen as there is no love lost between the codes

Logistics could be difficult but a top idea I reckon. Will not happen as there is no love lost between the codes
Thanks.
Im an ideas man :D

Cant see the difficulty though with logisitcs, as there is already the shuttle from Metricon to Boowaggan pick up point which is pretty close to skilled park, and not that hard to extend the run to take it to the Titans stadium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's official. On the 5th of May the Titans and Suns will go head to head on the same day once again. The Suns play Fremantle and the Titans play the West Tigers. The Suns game starts at 4.40pm and the Titans one at 7.30pm. Unless people leave early then it is not possible to attend the entirety of both matches. Neither opposition team is extremely popular but I think the Suns will win that battle. Thoughts?

Im not someone to attend a lot of AFL matches but will attend the Dockers match given I followed them a bit prior to Suns existence and to strengthen the mantle of Suns being the no.1 Gold Coast pro team (Blaze 2nd haha).

Really disappointing crowd of 12,790 today at Metricon. Apparently the next home game in two weeks against Essendon has already sold out so they should well and truly get back on track at the next home game. I'm expecting a bigger crowd at the Titans game tomorrow due to the amount of free tickets that were handed out.

Really disappointing crowd of 12,790 today at Metricon. Apparently the next home game in two weeks against Essendon has already sold out so they should well and truly get back on track at the next home game. I'm expecting a bigger crowd at the Titans game tomorrow due to the amount of free tickets that were handed out.

Pretty shitty crowd for first game of the year, though Adelaide don't have alot of interstate/travelling support. I suppose GC only have 10k members so you can't really expect a huge amount of walkins when they have games v essendon etc not too far down the track.

has it really sold out?

We've already got tickets (through Essendon) and i know a lot of others making the trek up for a few days (school holidays and all).

Any chance of us outnumbering the Suns?

has it really sold out?

We've already got tickets (through Essendon) and i know a lot of others making the trek up for a few days (school holidays and all).

Any chance of us outnumbering the Suns?

I'd say there is a good chance of Essendon fans outnumbering the Suns fans. At the Collingwood game last year there were definitely more pies fans than Suns fans. You also have to take into account the amount of expat Victorians that now live on the Gold Coast/Brisbane that support Essendon, there are quite a few. To answer your first question I have been told by Suns members that they need to book their tickets, that only happens when it is a sell out (like Geelong and Colllingwood last year).

By the way there were 14,344 at the Titans game today, when you take into account the fact that potentially 11,000 of those tickets were given out for free it isn't very impressive at all.

Noticed the titans captain prince sitting next to me at the game yesterday, seemed a good bloke and just there quietly with his wife and kids. Seemed genuinely interested in the game etc and there on his own accord, not to be 'seen' or anything like that, good on him.

Also I think the suns should give free tickets to all junior footy players on gc to the lower pulling games v freo/port/dogs etc.

Too many of them dont follow the big league or go for another team eg essendon. Get them involved! Fills up seats and they are likely to buy a bit of food/merch there anyway. Gives them a taste and converting even just 10% to members would be a success. They are the future, hope Auld makes it happen.

For some reason the Titans' crowd hasn't been posted even though this is a crowd comparison thread. For the record, they got 14,344 to the Suns' 12,790.

Are we only going to be posting here if the Suns get a higher crowd and ignoring any lower ones?

For some reason the Titans' crowd hasn't been posted even though this is a crowd comparison thread. For the record, they got 14,344 to the Suns' 12,790.

Are we only going to be posting here if the Suns get a higher crowd and ignoring any lower ones?

coming from GWS I presume you're illiterate, but if you can read , I refer you to posts 43 and 46.
You have outed yourself as a tosser
Go back to the Western Suburbs

618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

On anyrate, do those crowd numbers count since 90% of them were given away? Some 11,000 of those tickets were literally handed out for free.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back