Analysis Single Malt GC Sporting Updates (TITANS NEWZ)

SunsBhoy

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2017
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Why can't people from the Gold Coast like the Titans and the Suns they're both struggling in terms of finance, attendance, consistency instead of fighting each other you should be helping each other grow and supporting both of the teams as the Gold Coast community

I'd agree with you but Searle made it hard to follow titans through his hatred of all things AFL , now he is goneski you may see a lot more people follow both.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sassermon

Team Captain
Feb 8, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I wasnt sure about a Gold Coast AFL club but now im right on board and id have to say your my second favourite team (yes your allowed to have second favourites).

You should feel very proud and optimistic of your AFL team. Well done
Wow. I was kind of expecting that to be like one of those pranks where someone holds out something pretty to smell while their friend is sneaking up behind you to whack you over the back of the head with a dead fish or something. But nup, you were actually just saying something nice about GC...thankyou...im not crying...gulp...honest

QLDER8

Rookie
Nov 23, 2016
Brisbane, QLD
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Maroons,Lions, Broncos,Roar,CPFC,
I'd agree with you but Searle made it hard to follow titans through his hatred of all things AFL , now he is goneski you may see a lot more people follow both.

Hopefully it happens in the near future, a lot of teams in the same cities often don't work together but i think it would be beneficial for both clubs as the Gold Coast is quite small compared to the large market cities in Australia

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hopefully it happens in the near future, a lot of teams in the same cities often don't work together but i think it would be beneficial for both clubs as the Gold Coast is quite small compared to the large market cities in Australia
The two teams have worked together before through co-promotions (see below) and combined training sessions.

Here are some photos from the combined training sessions:

cNvk2P6.jpg

RI3wJ5n.jpg

So it's not as if they haven't worked together before. It's more so the unwillingness of the fans to get behind both teams. It goes back to the old colonial Sydney vs Melbourne thing because the Gold Coast is full of expats from Victoria and New South Wales. Hard to know if that will ever change but I do know the 'gAyFL' and 'thugby' view on the sports from the opposing groups is still alive and well. You also have to consider it's close to a 60-40 split on the Gold Coast (in rugby league's favour) when it comes to allegiances between Aussie rules and rugby league. Virtually no other sport could survive in this market because it's pretty much a two-sport city.

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
North Sydney Bears having another smack at trying to buy the Titans from the NRL. Games would be split between the GC, Central Coast & North Sydney.

Would be a winner for the Suns with less direct game day competition but not sure it's the best option for the NRL/Titans?

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
North Sydney Bears having another smack at trying to buy the Titans from the NRL. Games would be split between the GC, Central Coast & North Sydney.

Would be a winner for the Suns with less direct game day competition but not sure it's the best option for the NRL/Titans?

That is an absolute s**t idea.

Aug 2, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors

Rubbish article, just click bait.
They just built their new massive facility. they aint going anywhere!

Aussie in exile

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Go the mighty Gold Coast, Gosford, Nth Sydney Bears

Just rolls off the tongue doesn't it

We need the Titans to be successful, last thing we need is another GC franchise dying
It costs less money to run a NRL club than a AFL club, and for that reason the ARL will keep the Titans going. There is talk of moving the Roosters out of Sydney to Gosford, as they offer nothing to Rugby League in Sydney.

Aug 2, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
It costs less money to run a NRL club than a AFL club, and for that reason the ARL will keep the Titans going. There is talk of moving the Roosters out of Sydney to Gosford, as they offer nothing to Rugby League in Sydney.
I dont see that ever happening either...

Aug 2, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Gee that's poor figures for Titans , they have just come off finals and recruited the Hayne plane yet still only average 14k , least Suns have excuse of 7 years now of bloody average footy.

To be fair Hayne isnt playing and they are scraping the barrell in terms of the players they are playing at the moment.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I just read the Titans co-captain allegedly got caught on CCTV footage purchasing cocaine last night. Makes me really glad we got rid of Karmichael and Bennell! I don't know if I could handle another drug scandal at our club.

Aug 2, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
I just read the Titans co-captain allegedly got caught on CCTV footage purchasing cocaine last night. Makes me really glad we got rid of Karmichael and Bennell! I don't know if I could handle another drug scandal at our club.
So many do it.. just the fact that some get caught, most dont..

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Suns 2017 home average 13,030, Suns average at Metricon 13,394.
Titans 2017 home average 13,349

Yeah it's neck and neck
Both teams having disappointing seasons
I reckon there are stacks of dormant people on the GC waiting for a bandwagon to jump on
If one of the teams has a breakout year I reckon it would really impact on the other team.

As a passionate follower and member of both teams I'm afraid to say I'm a lot more bullish about a successful 2018 for the Titans than I am for the Suns.

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeah it's neck and neck
Both teams having disappointing seasons
I reckon there are stacks of dormant people on the GC waiting for a bandwagon to jump on
If one of the teams has a breakout year I reckon it would really impact on the other team.

As a passionate follower and member of both teams I'm afraid to say I'm a lot more bullish about a successful 2018 for the Titans than I am for the Suns.
AFL crowds will explode if we can get our s**t together.
NRL is a TV game. I have heaps of NRL buddies and not one of them ever goes to a live game and they say they never will because it's better on TV.
AFL is the opposite it's better live.
There is a massive dormant AFL following on the Coast and those people have been brought up going to live games.
The Suns have a massive opportunity the AFL knew it that's one of the reasons the Coast got a team. We are now doing are best to turn off those dormant numbers and that really annoys me. Golden opportunity being pissed up the wall.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
AFL crowds will explode if we can get our s**t together.
NRL is a TV game. I have heaps of NRL buddies and not one of them ever goes to a live game and they say they never will because it's better on TV.
AFL is the opposite it's better live.
There is a massive dormant AFL following on the Coast and those people have been brought up going to live games.
The Suns have a massive opportunity the AFL knew it that's one of the reasons the Coast got a team. We are now doing are best to turn off those dormant numbers and that really annoys me. Golden opportunity being pissed up the wall.

No I'm saying there are people who just are ready to jump on a winning team and go to the games and be seen. Lots of young people aged 14-35 who if either was a contender would just want to go and be there.

I've seen the stadium at Robina full before, it's been about 7 years though other than when Jarryd Hayne played his first game. I'm not talking about product as I love both games and both teams, I want every GC team to kick bum regardless of code.

Im talking purely about "coolness" and wanting to back a winner.

Back