Analysis Single Malt GC Sporting Updates (TITANS NEWZ)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dead set robbed
I’m angry as hell
I better get home to better news with the Suns
How do you think I feel? My Tigers have been robbed twice! Luckily those were our only 2 losses so it has always been onto next week. The Broncos VS Tigers game had me swearing never to watch another NRL game ever again, but after seeing everyone in the game agree that the Tigers were robbed I felt a bit of vindication. Some day their Murdoch money's gonna stop. Until then, our favourite sports are going to ruined by the puppetmasters.
You saw in the Suns game tonight the way the Umpires were biased toward the Crows, just as they were with the Eagles and Dockers. The powers that be wanted those wins and the orders were given. It wasn't in the script for Cronulla to lose against the Titans and in the great Rugby League tradition of dodgy Referees all it took was a couple of calls and the chosen team wins.

Both teams struggling and just about out of the running for finals. Both teams showing some signs though of building a better culture.

So the crowd comparison looks like it will be a fair fight for the rest of the year.
Which game did you go to last night?

Scheduling a Suns home game against the Dees at the Gabba on the same time as the NRL double header with Titans playing was the height of stupidity from the AFL. Would have made more sense to either play at Oakes Oval in Lismore or at Southport Sharks. Or if they wanted to play at Gabba play it as a double header to a low drawing Lions home game on a different time to the NRL double header

Scheduling a Suns home game against the Dees at the Gabba on the same time as the NRL double header with Titans playing was the height of stupidity from the AFL. Would have made more sense to either play at Oakes Oval in Lismore or at Southport Sharks. Or if they wanted to play at Gabba play it as a double header to a low drawing Lions home game on a different time to the NRL double header

Play it at Oakes and draw 10000 people and you have an amazing atmosphere and the Suns have reached out spectacularly to the Northern Rivers region, a few of us mentioned it in here.

I don’t play favourites so when both teams play at the same time I make my decision purely on which team it’s a “bigger game” for.
Titans season is over whereas to me if the Suns won last night we’d still have been in the hunt for finals.

So based on that I went to the Suns.

Would also point out to Andrew StaphHead that about the same number of people went to Mars last week with an arguably easier "drive up the M8", parking, and a very fast train.
But no sinking in the slipper to the fleabitten Dogs
It beggars belief that a local journalist would stoop so low .
His mother must be so proud on Mothers Day- likely he doesn't have one or she left him at birth

Both teams struggling and just about out of the running for finals. Both teams showing some signs though of building a better culture.
If you're a superstitious person, you can take solace in the idea that the 'Gold Coast Sports Curse' is supposed to be lifted at the end of this year. It marks the 30-year termination of the lease Christopher Skase took out on Carrara Stadium in late 1988/early 1989 and never fulfilled.

The afl draw was announced an entire month prior to the nrl draw. This falls squarely on the NRL.

Would also point out to Andrew StaphHead that about the same number of people went to Mars last week with an arguably easier "drive up the M8", parking, and a very fast train.
But no sinking in the slipper to the fleabitten Dogs
It beggars belief that a local journalist would stoop so low .
His mother must be so proud on Mothers Day- likely he doesn't have one or she left him at birth
Who is the andrew bloke? Whats he said i mustve missed it.

Anyone know the crowd figures for the nrl double header? Or a breakdown between games if its possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is 31118 the combined figure for both games? If so that is really dissapointing for the NRL. Id imagine broncos would make up the majority of that crowd. Between 6-11000 for the titans my guess.

Yeah that’s the combined figure
Drongoes were getting between 40k-50k every home match not all that long ago

Now it’s in the 25k-35k mark, it’s all because of the exorbitant costs that our teams deal with too.

Yeah that’s the combined figure
Drongoes were getting between 40k-50k every home match not all that long ago

Now it’s in the 25k-35k mark, it’s all because of the exorbitant costs that our teams deal with too.
Broncos only get over 40k to the blockbuster games (e.g. v Storm/Cowboys). Broncos being the designated Thursday/Friday night team doesn't help get those really really big crowds

11,008 at Robina yesterday for the Titans game. Their 2018 home average currently sits at 11,319 after three games. The Suns will host their first game at Metricon in two weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back