Analysis Single Malt GC Sporting Updates (TITANS NEWZ)

Remove this Banner Ad

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Given both clubs basically suck and don’t I know it, I am pretty comfortable with those numbers.
It's hard to maintain interest in the public eye when both teams are struggling on and off the field. Hopefully the new stadium deals will make a difference.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
At least The Titans have a congenial local Press
Never seem to see the Move em to Ipswich/Rockhampton/Cairns rubbish punted out by the GC Bulletin
They save their boots for us
The way we're treated by the Queensland Media is shameful

Peter Badel Of the CM and a large number of The Drongoes fans death troll the Titans as they would get a massive advantage from it however the rest of the Rugby League world accept the Titans existence and are generally supportive.

The World Cup would have taken a few off the crowds, arrived back home yesterday morning, went to Lions game, went to sleep, woke up for the quarter finals (waking up at 11.50pm), went to sleep at 8am in the morning and didn't wake up til nearly half-time of Titans v Broncos

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Agree Bods. I went to the Titans v Broncos and getting flogged like that certainly doesn’t encourage you to roll up again next week. It’s hard to be a supporter of GC teams

Both the Suns/Titans have home matches this week and I could not be more unenthusiastic about rocking up to both.
Both matches at night and both teams really have nothing to play for now.
Yep it’s crap.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Ive just been asked by my gf if i wanted to join her on a trip up to the sunny coast this weekend. Didnt hesitate to say yes - first time i have not even hesitated and thought about it (before usually declining as i have a footy game to go to). Totally lost interest for first time in 7+ years i have been on the coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ive just been asked by my gf if i wanted to join her on a trip up to the sunny coast this weekend. Didnt hesitate to say yes - first time i have not even hesitated and thought about it (before usually declining as i have a footy game to go to). Totally lost interest for first time in 7+ years i have been on the coast.
I hope the Club reads this forum and Mark Evans takes note
I think this is the problem
As longterm supporters we have been told to be patient while the 18yo's delivered rivers of gold, then be patient while Eade rooted out the grubs and implanted a professional football culture
Now we're told to be patient while we get thrashed and appear as uncompetitive as ever while Dew sets in motion a plan for prosperity
My boys just say they don't even expect to have a chance these days
I have never felt that way before.Even in the early days there was a chance- and you were excited to see if you could knock someone off
Having said that we'll be there Saturday night:$

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
As longterm supporters we have been told to be patient while the 18yo's delivered rivers of gold, then be patient while Eade rooted out the grubs and implanted a professional football culture
Now we're told to be patient while we get thrashed and appear as uncompetitive as ever while Dew sets in motion a plan for prosperity
I have never felt that way before.Even in the early days there was a chance- and you were excited to see if you could knock someone off
Hey, tell your boys that there is always Carlton game round 19 :) Hanley, Fiorini, Bowes, KK, Rosa, Ainsworh should be available.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Sorry, just don't think we're beating anyone else this year going by form
No need to be sorry. We did played some good footy in patches recently. The 2nd quarter against North was as good as it gets. We do miss a lot of players and try to accelerate development of young players who are still 2-3 years away. Only Pies are able to cope with a similar list and only because their unbelievable midfield depth. Look at Crows, Blues how did they go with a smaller injury list. Add travel, new plan, standards to it. The last two games we looked OK physically in the last quarters and our midfield did a good job. The mentioned players available should make a difference provided they will be in decent form which could be a problem. Or you could focus on young players. I quite enjoy watching Ballard, Brodie, Powell, Crossley - some great flashes of future.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
If it was a twilight game I would have still gone as my two boys will come. But as night game they cannot (as they just cant make it until 1045/11pm home and it’s not like we can just up and leave early due to parknride).

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
No need to be sorry. We did played some good footy in patches recently. The 2nd quarter against North was as good as it gets. We do miss a lot of players and try to accelerate development of young players who are still 2-3 years away. Only Pies are able to cope with a similar list and only because their unbelievable midfield depth. Look at Crows, Blues how did they go with a smaller injury list. Add travel, new plan, standards to it. The last two games we looked OK physically in the last quarters and our midfield did a good job. The mentioned players available should make a difference provided they will be in decent form which could be a problem. Or you could focus on young players. I quite enjoy watching Ballard, Brodie, Powell, Crossley - some great flashes of future.
Yeah- I went to the St Kilda game expecting a loss and could see it coming at 3/4 time- no surprise
But I wasnt devastated and loved seeing the young guys
I get nearly more enjoyment watching streamed NEAFL these days

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast

I know the Membership Manager at the Titans reads their forum and given he’s on management I’d dare say the General mood gets reported to its CEO.

The Suns in some capacity would be very wise to read this forum as it’s a hell of a lot more active than the Titans forum and hence gives more reliable feedback and data.

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Titans played shocking tonight

But boy did they get stitched up and piled on by the referees

Wow it’s truly amazing the life of a Gold Coast sports fan
The curse certainly seems more real now than ever before.

13,061 for the Suns last night and 10,074 for the Titans game at Robina today. The Titans crowd was the lowest on the Gold Coast this season. 2018 update:

2018 Highest Attendance: 18,005 (Titans v Broncos)
2018 Lowest Attendance: 10,074 (Titans v Roosters)
2018 Same Weekends: 1-0 (Suns leading)
2018 Suns Crowd Average: 13,592 (54,369 in 4 games)
2018 Titans Crowd Average: 12,311 (73,871 in 6 games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back