Analysis Single Malt GC Sporting Updates (TITANS NEWZ)

Remove this Banner Ad

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeah?? The Crowd were quite engaged where I was, particularly in the second half when it got spiteful.
You are right about NRL being suited to TV. You can see both sets of teams except the fullback at all times pretty much.
I’m not going to try and sell NRL to you, it’s all to do with passion for me.
Put a Gold Coast team in any national competition and I’m all in regardless of aesthetics.
In my case I grew up playing and watching Rugby League so it’s intrinsically in my DNA.
But while I’m at it for those imbeciles on our board who troll me (most of whom I have ignored) I played 3 Seasons of First Grade AFL in a Southern NSW Team in a League That had mainly Victorian Teams In it, so those condescending pricks who treat me like I know nothing about AFL well for three years I lined up against hardened men playing your sport.
Have a good one.
so it basically just comes down to going there to support the local team and catchup with mates? i suppose AFL is no different to some fans. i usually sit alone and spend more time critiquing whats happening around the ground. i suppose if i was invested in NRL i'd do the same but would benefit more watching on tv.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
so it basically just comes down to going there to support the local team and catchup with mates? i suppose AFL is no different to some fans. i usually sit alone and spend more time critiquing whats happening around the ground. i suppose if i was invested in NRL i'd do the same but would benefit more watching on tv.

I was a GCU and GC Blaze member too. I’m just a lunatic.

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I was a GCU and GC Blaze member too. I’m just a lunatic.
well done mate. truly admirable.
i took a passing interest in those 2 franchises however never put the money down to support them. i did go to a free GCU game in their final year but thats it.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Just going to stick my head in to agree with the majority, Cbus is a trash stadium.

Airflow is non exsistant, We had to leave because a mate almost passed out due to it being similar conditions to a sauna and the atmosphere was rubbish.

Although I'm willing to mark it down to it being because it was a Titans game but even then, The atmosphere at Suns games when were getting flogged is 10x better.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just going to stick my head in to agree with the majority, Cbus is a trash stadium.

Airflow is non exsistant, We had to leave because a mate almost passed out due to it being similar conditions to a sauna and the atmosphere was rubbish.

Although I'm willing to mark it down to it being because it was a Titans game but even then, The atmosphere at Suns games when were getting flogged is 10x better.

CBUS is a great stadium, you are close to the action, amenities are nearby and there’s more than enough atmosphere to be engaged.
I detect you might just be a hater. Be GC. Live the GC life. It’s Beautiful.

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
CBUS is a great stadium, you are close to the action, amenities are nearby and there’s more than enough atmosphere to be engaged.

Can confirm as someone who has been with Big Red Machine multiple times to CBUS it is a soul less, lifeless pile of junk. Ignorant fans, timid crowd and ridiculous contraband rules. Tried my hardest while living on the Gold Coast to get behind the Titans, but even pushing aside the fact it is an ordinary sport, their fans and stadium are just disgraceful.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Can confirm as someone who has been with Big Red Machine multiple times to CBUS it is a soul less, lifeless pile of junk. Ignorant fans, timid crowd and ridiculous contraband rules. Tried my hardest while living on the Gold Coast to get behind the Titans, but even pushing aside the fact it is an ordinary sport, their fans and stadium are just disgraceful.

Try Again

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Agree that post overly negative nothing disgraceful I’ve seen there and I’d be happy to take my son to a game there ( I probably will).

There’s room for both suns and titans and it would add greatly to our city if both teams prosper

Hey Premier-do you still ring up any radio programs?? (GC Board Members-Premier has been one of if not our best fighter for our existence in the VFL media during our darkest times).
If you did I’d make the effort to listen to those shows.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Apprently, multiple accounts of anecdotal evidence do not suffice, But that's okay I like to be a man of statistics and as Robo pointed out further up the thread there's a decepancy of almost double the attendance between the two games.

But hey, Haters gonna hate and homer's gonna home. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
Disappointing comments in here recently. I can tell you that on the Titans board they might make disparaging comments about AFL but they don’t make such nasty comments about the Suns fans themselves. We are all GC people. Really poor stuff.

Not basing my comments on an internet forum. Basing my comments at the experiences had at the Titans stadium. In real life.

bigboy_wowee

Debutant
Jun 4, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
CBUS is a great stadium imo. Always enjoyed going there and never seen anything from Titans fans that I would consider negative. Seeing them succeed aswell is only going to be a good thing for the Gold Coast.

Apr 26, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hey Premier-do you still ring up any radio programs?? (GC Board Members-Premier has been one of if not our best fighter for our existence in the VFL media during our darkest times).
If you did I’d make the effort to listen to those shows.

Thanks for asking Bods.

Since the shake up at SEN a while back I’ve not called in. Previously I had a pretty good relationship with Mark Fine ( his podcast with Rohan Connolly Footyology is worth a listen) and I got a good run on his show.

He actually invited me into the studio one night.

The good news is it appears that the right people are in the right places finally and The club on the right track. The sentiment in the media turning on the back of that.

A Qclash final would be brilliant

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Forgot to add the 2019 post so here it is:

Round 1 Titans v Raiders (Sun, 17 Mar, 6:10pm)
Robina Stadium: 9,843

Round 2 Suns v Dockers (Sun, 31 Mar, 3:40pm)
Carrara Stadium: 10,119

Same Weekend
Round 5 Titans v Panthers (Fri, 12 Apr, 6:00pm)
Robina Stadium: 8,680
Round 4 Suns v Blues (Sun, 14 Apr, 2:40pm)
Carrara Stadium: 14,176

Round 6 Titans v Knights (Sun, 21 Apr, 2:00pm)
Robina Stadium: 11,654

Round 6 Suns v Lions (Sat, 27 Apr, 1:45pm)
Carrara Stadium: 13,694

Round 8 Suns v Demons (Sat, 11 May, 4:35pm)
Carrara Stadium: 9,765

Round 10 Titans v Bulldogs (Sat, 18 May, 3:00pm)
Robina Stadium: 10,105

Round 10 Suns v Cats (Sat, 25 May, 7:25pm)
Carrara Stadium: 13,144

Round 12 Titans v Cowboys (Sun, 2 Jun, 4:05pm)
Robina Stadium:

Round 12 Suns v Kangaroos (Sat, 8 Jun, 4:35pm)
Carrara Stadium:

Round 14 Titans v Warriors (Fri, 14 Jun, 6:00pm)
Robina Stadium:

Round 15 Titans v Sea Eagles (Sat, 29 Jun, 3:00pm)
Robina Stadium:

Round 16 Suns v Tigers (Sat, 6 Jul, 2:10pm)
Carrara Stadium:

Round 17 Suns v Crows (Sat, 13 Jul, 7:25pm)
Carrara Stadium:

Round 18 Titans v Storm (Sun, 21 Jul, 2:00pm)
Robina Stadium:

Same Weekend
Round 5 Titans v Broncos (Sat, 27 Apr, 5:30pm)
Robina Stadium:
Round 19 Suns v Bombers (Sun, 28 Jul, 4:40pm)
Carrara Stadium:

Round 22 Titans v Eels (Fri, 16 Aug, 6:00pm)
Robina Stadium:

Round 23 Suns v Giants (TBD, 23-25 Aug, TBD)
Carrara Stadium:

Round 25 Titans v Eels (Sat, 7 Sep, 7:35pm)
Robina Stadium:

2019 Highest Attendance: 14,176 (Suns v Blues)
2019 Lowest Attendance: 8,680 (Titans v Panthers)
2019 Same Weekend Ledger: 1-0 (in the Suns' favour)
2019 Suns Crowd Average: 12,179 (60,898 in 5 games)
2019 Titans Crowd Average: 10,070 (40,282 in 4 games)

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
15 k for the qclash possibly?
Depends how many of your mob head down the motorway for the early arvo clash on a saturday. There is defn around 10k of core support week in week out for the Suns. With another 3-5 k of casual supporters who come along at times.
Anyone know if we have played a qclash on a saturday arvo at metricon? I always recall twilight or night games.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
15 k for the qclash possibly?
As stated above it really depends on how many Lions supporters choose to make the trip down the M1 to watch their team. We had an unexpectedly high amount of Lions fans head down for the scratch match about two months ago but I think the last two weeks will deter a lot of Brisbane fans from making the trip down. Sadly, I'm expecting about 15k but it would have been up around the 20k mark had the game been played two weeks ago.

Deadpool

All Australian
Jun 3, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think its fair to say that we are always going to be comparable when it comes to local fans, but AFL fans are more likely to make the trip, boosting the numbers for some games.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The Titans are an embarrassment
They are trash
They are so painful

It’s up to The Suns boys to give our city something to be proud of

What an opportunity to get some new fans this year provides for the Suns
10,105 at Robina for the Titans v Bulldogs game today if anyone is wondering.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back