Analysis Single Malt GC Sporting Updates (TITANS NEWZ)

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
13,144 at Metricon last night for the clash with Geelong. 2019 update:

2019 Highest Attendance: 14,176 (Suns v Blues)
2019 Lowest Attendance: 8,680 (Titans v Panthers)
2019 Same Weekend Ledger: 1-0 (in the Suns' favour)
2019 Suns Crowd Average: 12,179 (60,898 in 5 games)
2019 Titans Crowd Average: 10,070 (40,282 in 4 games)

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think attendance figures would be a lot higher if so many locals hadn’t been burned over the last 5 years..
There’s been some stinking losses coupled with false hope, parking issues (still ongoing), bus issues (still ongoing)..
Also a lot of non locked on fans don’t know when the games are on!
One thing in Adelaide I noticed last weekend when I walked down the mall a few hours before the game they had a brass band playing all decked out in port gear and colours I thought would be something good for us to do down in Broadbeach or surfers and hand out info how to get to the game! I’ve always thought if we had some of those annoying people in shopping centres who try to sign you up to stuff but selling 3 game memberships would be a good way to increase membership and attendance! In a non traditional market you’ve got to think outside the square instead of the standard old vfl traditional way which not many clubs do

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I think attendance figures would be a lot higher if so many locals hadn’t been burned over the last 5 years..
There’s been some stinking losses coupled with false hope, parking issues (still ongoing), bus issues (still ongoing)..
One thing in Adelaide I noticed last weekend when I walked down the mall a few hours before the game they had a brass band playing all decked out in port gear and colours I thought would be something good for us to do down in Broadbeach or surfers and hand out info how to get to the game! I’ve always thought if we had some of those annoying people in shopping centres who try to sign you up to stuff but selling 3 game memberships would be a good way to increase membership and attendance! In a non traditional market you’ve got to think outside the square instead of the standard old vfl traditional way which not many clubs do
Good ideas.

My folks live on the coast and are foundation members but stepped back to 3 year memberships this year because of the ongoing poor performances.

Like the majority of fans they’re not diehards. They won’t go to every game just to support the team - they go to the football to enjoy the game, see some skills and goals.

The transport is a major negative.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
13,144 at Metricon last night for the clash with Geelong. 2019 update:

2019 Highest Attendance: 14,176 (Suns v Blues)
2019 Lowest Attendance: 8,680 (Titans v Panthers)
2019 Same Weekend Ledger: 1-0 (in the Suns' favour)
2019 Suns Crowd Average: 12,179 (60,898 in 5 games)
2019 Titans Crowd Average: 10,070 (40,282 in 4 games)

Titans v Cronulla was 17,113.
I’m not sure you are on your game.

TheSecondComing

Senior List
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think our game style has a lot to do with the poor crowds at home this year.

Yes we are in games longer but it’s not attractive footy to watch.
And it won’t bring people through the gates.

I still can’t believe after almost 10 years how unorganised the bus lines are still after games complete chaos

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think our game style has a lot to do with the poor crowds at home this year.

Yes we are in games longer but it’s not attractive footy to watch.
And it won’t bring people through the gates.

I still can’t believe after almost 10 years how unorganised the bus lines are still after games complete chaos

The Buses after the games in both footy codes is a massive turn off

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Was that the round the NRL played all the games in Brisbane and gave away most of the tickets for free ?

Yes and it needs to be counted. Was a stand alone Titans home game, wasn’t a double header or triple header like the rest of the weekend.

Suns give away free ticket too-there were free tickets available to anyone last night that plays local footy, 4 per person.

Your welcome.

TheSecondComing

Senior List
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yes and it needs to be counted. Was a stand alone Titans home game, wasn’t a double header or triple header like the rest of the weekend.

Suns give away free ticket too-there were free tickets available to anyone last night that plays local footy, 4 per person.

Your welcome.
Big difference was it was a home game at our home

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
No different to when we play home games at the Gabba or Cairns or Shanghai or the Titans in Gladstone or Toowoomba.

I’m over it. No more replies.

Only one way to sort this. I can't be screwed checking :p

In last years section of this thread, did we count the Freo game? If yes, advantage Boddsy. If not, Matchu.

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
And I checked anyway, because that's the type of need to know person I am

17,490 at Metricon last night. That's the biggest attendance on the Gold Coast so far in 2018:

2018 Highest Attendance: 17,490 (Suns v Cats)
2018 Lowest Attendance: 10,238 (Titans v Raiders)
2018 Suns Crowd Average: 17,490 (17,490 in 1 game)
2018 Titans Crowd Average: 11,319 (33,959 in 3 games)

Definitely only counting home games on the Coast. Cairns, Shanghai, Brisbane, Perth etc have not previously been counted. Matchu correct

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
What’s rare is me admitting i'm wrong is my intention by the previous post

Extremely rare

EFA

Haha just kidding mate. I hate that most likely, from here on in, our record home crowd is going to be tainted and say Perth. I can't see many situations that would see us get that kind of crowd here.

TheSecondComing

Senior List
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Those god damn buses...
The sad thing is the club dose not seem to care.
They got your money they don’t care if you have to stand out in the heat or the pouring rain.

I’ve lost count how many time I’ve call or email the club about the bus issues.

I encourage everyone to do the same let them know something need to be done.
The more people complaining the better. They might finally do something

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
EFA

Haha just kidding mate. I hate that most likely, from here on in, our record home crowd is going to be tainted and say Perth. I can't see many situations that would see us get that kind of crowd here.

I reckon a home final will have the people climbing the light poles to fit in the place

TheSecondComing

Senior List
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I reckon a home final will have the people climbing the light poles to fit in the place
Our highest official home crowd was 33338 v Fremantle last year in Perth.

Our stadium capacity is less than that.
So how do we beat it one day??
Hate to say it but by the time that happens we could have a new or redeveloped stadium

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The sad thing is the club dose not seem to care.
They got your money they don’t care if you have to stand out in the heat or the pouring rain.

I’ve lost count how many time I’ve call or email the club about the bus issues.

I encourage everyone to do the same let them know something need to be done.
The more people complaining the better. They might finally do something
I find the buses fine l've been using them we started from Broadbeach. As soon as the siren sounds l'm straight to Broadbeach South and on one of the first buses.

TheSecondComing

Senior List
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I find the buses fine l've been using them we started from Broadbeach. As soon as the siren sounds l'm straight to Broadbeach South and on one of the first buses.
The problem Is with the Nerang bus.

It’s by far the most used one.

Yeah Like you said I’ve never seen a line at any of the other bus stops just the Nerang one

Back