Analysis Single Malt GC Sporting Updates (TITANS NEWZ)

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Both Dew/Brennan are selling a story to the supporters that despite the losses and ladder positions that the fans should be happy with the effort of the teams.
I can tell you that Suns Fans are dealing with that narrative much better than the Titans fans.
The drums are beating well and truly for Brennan’s head whereas Suns fans respect and have affection for Dew.

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
Both Dew/Brennan are selling a story to the supporters that despite the losses and ladder positions that the fans should be happy with the effort of the teams.
I can tell you that Suns Fans are dealing with that narrative much better than the Titans fans.
The drums are beating well and truly for Brennan’s head whereas Suns fans respect and have affection for Dew.

Are Titans in a similar spot rebuild wise? Obviously they don't have the draft system we do, but young talent wise, do they have as much promise?

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Are Titans in a similar spot rebuild wise? Obviously they don't have the draft system we do, but young talent wise, do they have as much promise?

Not at all. The Titans were also wooden spoon favourite pre-season but there was a lot more optimism that they’d outperform the odds. They have a much better list than the Suns.
In terms of young talent well a huge issue since 1988 when the Giants came in was our talent was taken by the Drongoes and everyone else BUT this year the Titans started the TEDS program and it’s affect in stopping that drain of junior talent has been amazing.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So basically an equivalent of our Academy system? Do kids going through that program become untouchable to other clubs?

With Rugby League you need to put up money and incentives no matter the age or location.
The amount of money that the Drongoes give kids is mind boggling.

The TEDS program has meant we are starting to maintain Just a few of the best talent rather than the Drongoes rejects

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Really disappointing and disturbing day for GC lovers in both codes. Titans trash in the first half of their match and Suns belted in the second half of their match.
It’s a harsh existence.
Both teams too often embarrass what we are trying to create here.

thegreig

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2010
Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars BBL
Really disappointing and disturbing day for GC lovers in both codes. Titans trash in the first half of their match and Suns belted in the second half of their match.
It’s a harsh existence.
Do you think there is a genuine problem on the Gold Coast with how professional sporting clubs are run or is it just purely bad luck? I can’t even remember the last successful (on field) club of any sport.
It’s a shame because despite what all the nuffies say the fans up there are very passionate and committed there’s just never any success

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Do you think there is a genuine problem on the Gold Coast with how professional sporting clubs are run or is it just purely bad luck? I can’t even remember the last successful (on field) club of any sport.
It’s a shame because despite what all the nuffies say the fans up there are very passionate and committed there’s just never any success

I think the Suns/Titans fans and our local media need to start demanding success from our administrators and players and stop being so nice.
Also too often we’ve brought in blokes to Play/Coach/Administer from out of town that aren’t emotionally invested, we need locals and local juniors to be brought through to bring the pride and passion.

That’s my two cents worth.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
It’s a harsh existence.
Thank God we’ve got some of the best beaches, surf and natural attractions in the world. Makes life bearable :p

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm not sure what the issue is with the Titans but The Suns just weren't given enough to start with and have been on the backfoot ever since
When GWS came in the AFL was more generous with support and they also benefited from a much better crop of available free agents compared to our year
GWS made better decisions with their football department too. Our players trained out of non airconditioned demountables until 2018.Our facilities are now SOTA
As for the soccer- Clive Palmer.Say no more
Basketball can't comment on
But it will change
20 years ago if you asked a 40 yo on the GC where they came from they'd say Melbourne Auckland Sydney Newcastle Adelaide
Ask the same question today and a lot will say they were born here
Allegiances and the ties that bind will be stronger for that and it will flow over to on-field success
In 20 years time the GC will be destroying competitions in all sports IMO.
It's just hard for us supporters to see the wood for the trees sometimes

Apr 26, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It’s not easy bods I agree. At least the off season isn’t far and we can get busy getting excited about how we will turn it around next year... and then.... the season starts

Back