Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
With that ladder so tight and so many teams in similar positions stilll to play each other and us needing so much to go right to make finals its hard to know who to barrack for in each game!

Add to that having Melbourne’s pick - wanting them to finish low but then losing sometimes will go against what’s best for us to make 8 (eg this week?)

Then there’s the what if we can’t make finals, may as well finish lower camp!

I’ve created this thread for discussion on who we want to win the other games. It’s hard to get into games when unsure who to get behind!

(I’ll try add a weekly poll also with the relevant games)

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Roundd 18:

Key Games:

Pies v North: Interesting one given Collingwood have the hardest part of their draw to come but North are closer to us. Given we are more likely to need to push North out than Pies fall that far id say Pies.

Geelong v Melbourne: Massive one this. Geelong winning helps Melbournes pick lower. Geelong probably more passable for us though so in that case Melbourne wining in better. Tough one to decide and probably good it is on the same time as our game so not having to decide while watching. Interested in people thoughts on this one. Going Geelong due to Melbournes pick being in our hands I think.

Port v GWS: Another big one. Have to go for Port unfortunately?

Other Games:

Essendon v Freo: Freo winning takes Essendon back as a challenger for finals but if we don't keep winning then Ess winning helps us to a better pick poteientally. Still go for Free at this stage IMO.

Carlton Hawks: Same situation as above but Hawks dropping one like this would be real helpful so go Carlton.

Saints v Richmond: Not highly relevant but probably get behind the Saints
WC V WB :clear cut this one, go dogs. Prob not relevant to us though
Syd v Gold Coast: Obviously better for Syd to lose unless you think that may negatively affect Melbournes Rd 1 pick for us?

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
In the same way people still believe we can make final, we can't just abandon the thought Port could still miss.

First thought must be to wish every loss possible on Port, then we'll deal with any ramifications on our own chances.

They've got a tough draw from now - have to keep the belief

Morning_Fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I know you have not added Adelaide but my pick is for the Crows to win.

I want the Crows to win every game and then we are certain to make the 8.

If we control the things we can control, everything else will take care of itself.

If we start worrying about Port winning or Richmond losing, the situation becomes out of out control.

However, a few extra Port Adelaide and Melbourne Demons losses would be acceptable.

Morning_Fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
In the same way people still believe we can make final, we can't just abandon the thought Port could still miss.

First thought must be to wish every loss possible on Port, then we'll deal with any ramifications on our own chances.

They've got a tough draw from now - have to keep the belief

To be fair, I would prefer Melbourne miss the 8 over Port Adelaide. The power can finish 6th and lose week 1. That would be quite apt.

Another Sheuy would be nice:

It makes the round more interesting when you have a vested interest in other games. It's also now or never for Port and Melbourne if they still have top 4 ambitions.

Lots of suspensions from the Melbourne v Geelong game would be nice.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
Mathematically possible is the term used once you need to rely on other teams winning/losing to make the finals

Adelaide win 5 to 6 of their remaining games and the other results don't mean a thing

DEATH RIDE MELBOURNE

Bazz_27

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LFC,
Mathematically possible is the term used once you need to rely on other teams winning/losing to make the finals

Adelaide win 5 to 6 of their remaining games and the other results don't mean a thing

DEATH RIDE MELBOURNE
I think 5 should get us in but it's possible it doesnt based on our crap % which it's too late to get moving. 6 wins is def in and maybe home final territory.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
To be fair, I would prefer Melbourne miss the 8 over Port Adelaide. The power can finish 6th and lose week 1. That would be quite apt.

Another Sheuy would be nice:
In an ideal world Port finish 5th, we finish 8th and the Dees 11th or 12th.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
Here's my thoughts.... and why

Richmond - Keeps top 2 out of Port's reach
Collingwood - Keeps them in the top 4 and keeps Port out, also inflicts Norf with another loss
Sydney - Keeps them in the top 4 and keeps Port out
Geelong - Gives Melbourne another loss which helps us keep in touch with them and will also improve our draft position
Carlton - will never happen, but it will keep us with touch Hawthorn if they lose
WCE - (see Richmond)
GWS - will help keep Port out of the top 4 and send the Port board into meltdown

Last edited:

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
We want port to finnish fith or sixth. If not third or fourth and qualify us for a a home final.

Playing port at ao is like Richmond playing at the g.

Almost unbeatable

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
I want Port to finish in the top 8 yet lose whatever finals they play.

I want us to win all the remaining games of the season and then go on and win the grandfinal. from 7th or 8th

I want Melbourne to implode and miss Finals

This should be every Crows Fans wish

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
I want Port to finish in the top 8 yet lose whatever finals they play.

I want us to win all the remaining games of the season and then go on and win the grandfinal. from 7th or 8th

I want Melbourne to implode and miss Finals

This should be every Crows Fans wish

My wish list for the rest of the season

Port and Geelong to lose early in the finals and for Melbourne to miss the finals so we get a better draft pick from them.

Oct 8, 2012
Darwin
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Sturt
I think that we keep needing Melbourne to Melbourne. They have a really tough home run and could be missing the 8.
Pies have a hard run too.
I’m not worried about, their castle is built on sand and won’t stand up when it counts.

We just need to make it with no more injuries and we come in with a heap of momentum.

Simmo28

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2014
Sydney, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
I know you have not added Adelaide but my pick is for the Crows to win.

I want the Crows to win every game and then we are certain to make the 8.

If we control the things we can control, everything else will take care of itself.

If we start worrying about Port winning or Richmond losing, the situation becomes out of out control.

However, a few extra Port Adelaide and Melbourne Demons losses would be acceptable.

We can get a home final if we win all games and other teams around us lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back