Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll support a soccer WC, providing it's single kit, run during the actual WC and goes for no more than a month.

But we don't need to be talking about it now.

Bring it up again in like, mid May. Do a draft for teams like I did for the International Rules comp.

I'll support a soccer WC, providing it's single kit, run during the actual WC and goes for no more than a month.

Bring it up again in like, mid May. Do a draft for teams like I did for the International Rules comp.

I reckon it should be done with an initial team draft, with possibly two rounds assuming you don’t get 32 designers enter. From there you keep the teams in the same grouping as they are in the actual FIFA World Cup, and go from there. Wouldn’t go longer than 2-3 weeks depending on how well whoever is running it can keep posting the polls.

I reckon it should be done with an initial team draft, with possibly two rounds assuming you don’t get 32 designers enter. From there you keep the teams in the same grouping as they are in the actual FIFA World Cup, and go from there. Wouldn’t go longer than 2-3 weeks depending on how well whoever is running it can keep posting the polls.
Can nobody just wait until I release my idea for my tournament?

EDIT: Bid will come either tomorrow or Friday.

Can nobody just wait until I release my idea for my tournament?

EDIT: Bid will come either tomorrow or Friday.

Well I mean I've only run a tonne of tournaments on this board so I figured I might have some valuable input but hey, what would I know?

I'm taking all suggestions under consideration, don't worry. But at the end, this is my tournament, and I want to experiment with different formats this board hasn't seen yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm taking all suggestions under consideration, don't worry. But at the end, this is my tournament, and I want to experiment with different formats this board hasn't seen yet.

Not yet.
russell.jpg

Yeah that is not going to get you anywhere in relation to this competition running. Need full details and plans.
You'll get those details in another two months Craegus! Sounds like a pretty complex competition if it is going to take that long to develop.

You'll get those details in another two months Craegus! Sounds like a pretty complex competition if it is going to take that long to develop.

Then there was no point posting that image, it is just wasting peoples time going into the thread to see something that is basically pointless. Either post the info now or don't say anything until you plan to make the bid for the competition.

Then there was no point posting that image, it is just wasting peoples time going into the thread to see something that is basically pointless. Either post the info now or don't say anything until you plan to make the bid for the competition.
Exactly. The fact that there has been two teaser images posted for this competition and still no details as to what it is yet, doesn't exactly fill me with too much confidence that it will run smoothly.

The announcement has been delayed so that we can finalise the details of the competition. Also, there's no point posting too much about it now, seeing as we only start in June. We can assure you that all will run smoothly, and we wish to host a competition that matches the caliber of other medium sized competitions on this board.

I said I would put something out yesterday, so I did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back