Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Yeah mate that's fair, the idea is in it's infancy I will concede.

My idea was, as you said, each week there will be a bidding comp for a place in the overall comp. You are correct that that could result in two or three blokes could end up with all the teams in it, so maybe there would need to be a cap for entries.

Those successful bid teams would then play off within a knockout comp. Conference one one week, then conference two the following week. The three winners from each conference would then play the next week in another knock out, leaving three teams.

The final week would then be a three way poll to decide first, second and third place.

Does that clear up my thinking?

Yeah that does clear it up.

_Damo_

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
week 1 Perth
week 2 Adelaide
Week 3 Geelong
Week 4 Melb 1
Week 5 Melb 2
Week 6 Tasmania
Week 7 Sydney
Week 8 West/greater NSW
Week 9 Gold Coast
Week 10 Brisbane
Week 11 North Queensland
Week 12 Northern Territory
Week 13 Conference 1 KO
Week 14 Conference 2 KO
Week 15 Final

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
I think this AFLX concept is too long. Keep it short like AFLX. Nominate 12 locations, 12 colour, first in first serve for each. Entrants are divided into four pools of three. Single poll with all teams playing each other in their pool. Winners of each pool go on to a final round, single poll again with all teams playing each other once. That gives you five rounds, say four days per poll and you have a winner within three weeks.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Ok well with all rules cleared up and format addressed, give me somea likes and we can launch the comp

I would recommend holding off for now. There is enough designing going on at the moment. With the Olympics competition about to start, and with the FLO to quickly follow/overlap, design burnout is a high possibility. This may be better served later in the year.

upload_2018-3-1_19-36-47.png

I will contact the winners of the league comps after their respective competitions have finished up and ask if they'd care to make a Champions league jumper
Rules:
All designs must have the Champions League logo on the left breast (when facing, basically where they are for the NAFL right now)
Design can be a design used in last seasons comp or a completely new design
Sponsors can be placed anywhere
I'd prefer if you used the template you used during the season you qualified in
No designer can have 2 teams in the Champions League - if a designer wins the NAFL and FIRA for example, they can pick one of their teams to go through and for the team they didn't pick, a replacement team will be put in place (usually 2nd place, although there are some exceptions)
A designer can refuse a place in the competition if they can not be bothered designing, although it can be as simple as putting the CL logo on your home jumper, I'd love to see all comp winners in this comp ideally
---------------------------------------------
I will come up with a format very soon​

These are looking like what teams will make the competition at this stage.
Wildcard Round:
Runner Up of CAN-AM
3rd Place of NAFL
Winner of NAFLR
3rd Place of FIRA/FIRA Cup Winner*
Main Draw - Positions seeded, not necessarily in this order:
Winner of FIRA
Winner of CAN-AM
Winner of NAFL
Winner of AAL
Runner Up of FIRA
Runner Up of NAFL
Winner of Wildcard 1
Winner of Wildcard 2
*I'd specifically like feedback on this one the most

I'd like to hear what some of the possible qualifiers think of this idea for a comp
Freight Train Dylan8 El_Scorcho Bacon Warrior Barrybran

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
These are looking like what teams will make the competition at this stage.
Wildcard Round:
Runner Up of CAN-AM
3rd Place of NAFL
Winner of NAFLR
3rd Place of FIRA/FIRA Cup Winner*
Main Draw - Positions seeded, not necessarily in this order:

Winner of FIRA
Winner of CAN-AM
Winner of NAFL
Winner of AAL
Runner Up of FIRA
Runner Up of NAFL
Winner of Wildcard 1
Winner of Wildcard 2
*I'd specifically like feedback on this one the most

I'd like to hear what some of the possible qualifiers think of this idea for a comp
Freight Train Dylan8 El_Scorcho Bacon Warrior Barrybran
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that NAFLR entries should not be a part of Champions League. They are, after all, not among the top 16 designers at the time. Make us earn it! Also, keep in mind that Freight Train has won most of those comps and has told us that he's cutting back on designing for a while.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that NAFLR entries should not be a part of Champions League. They are, after all, not among the top 16 designers at the time. Make us earn it! Also, keep in mind that Freight Train has won most of those comps and has told us that he's cutting back on designing for a while.
I agree to some extent, however I think it would be cool to see a Reserves team go on a dream run towards the Cup. In a way it’s like how a team like QPR can’t make the Champions League because they’re in Div 2 but would probably beat a Macedonian team who can qualify for the Champions League.

i'm not really feeling it, tbh.

like if it goes ahead, it goes ahead, I'll throw in my designs with some new badges or whatever but it just seems kinda unnecessary to me. the whole point of competitions is to create new concepts and stuff (which I know you said is an option), whereas this just seems like a bit of a throwaway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
I feel like a Champions League style comp always favours the more recent competitions because of the constant march forward of template and presentation quality.

I'd participate if i'm good enough to qualify, but i'm not overly interested really. I'd only be chucking a logo on the previous design at most. If I have any cool design ideas i'd be saving them for the following season.

An idea might be to make this invitational, where it doesn't necessarily have to be winning designs. Get people to nominate the footy design they're most proud of out the most recent editions of NAFL, FIRA, Can-Am and ANAL, and run a knockout comp with however many entries you get.

i'm not really feeling it, tbh.

like if it goes ahead, it goes ahead, I'll throw in my designs with some new badges or whatever but it just seems kinda unnecessary to me. the whole point of competitions is to create new concepts and stuff (which I know you said is an option), whereas this just seems like a bit of a throwaway.
I feel like a Champions League style comp always favours the more recent competitions because of the constant march forward of template and presentation quality.

I'd participate if i'm good enough to qualify, but i'm not overly interested really. I'd only be chucking a logo on the previous design at most. If I have any cool design ideas i'd be saving them for the following season.

An idea might be to make this invitational, where it doesn't necessarily have to be winning designs. Get people to nominate the footy design they're most proud of out the most recent editions of NAFL, FIRA, Can-Am and ANAL, and run a knockout comp with however many entries you get.
That’s fair enough, although both of you guys had away kits that were hardly used in the NAFL, so if you did enter you could use those designs to give them a bit more exposure.

Also Scorch, about how the comp would favour newer designs, that can be used to someone’s advantage if they win the NAFL and the Can-Am, they could pick their Can Am design as a reward because the template is better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back