Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

Grandsun

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Now I know we are only in May but lets say I will launch the Bidding Thread in October. Do people still want Twenty20 Australia to continue?
upload_2018-5-21_15-14-37.png

it was for season 2 as i had a break but im keen on returning for season 3 to run it... Gibbsy crow28

I'm not opposed to someone else running it, especially given that I'll be running NAFL. The concern for me is the two times you've tried to run it, you've either needed me to basically hold your hand the whole way through, or just totally bailed on it at the last minute.

5cVmw16.png

jmac91

Perth Bandits Head Coach
Dec 27, 2017
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Bandits
AFL Expansion Competition

Description
The way that this competition will work is Competitors will be randomly drawn a location that an AFL team could work in (for example Canberra, Tasmania, ect...).

What will they have to do?

Competitors will have to create a logo, Home, Away and Clash Jumpers , a describe how their club entered into the AFL, to show where home ground will be (for example google maps) and it's capacity (must be realistic).

The current max of teams is 12 but more can be added if needed.

How To Win

The rounds will work by people giving out votes to the best design/description that they see in the round.The only thing that will be on the ladder will be the amount of votes that people get. The person that gets the most votes will be first on the ladder.

Rounds
The First round: Competitors will submit their logos and names of their teams.
The Second round: Competitors will have to submit a description of how they got into the AFL.
The Third Round: Competitors will have to submit their Location, capacity and description (what it looks like) of their stadium (can create a design of their stadium if wanted.
The Forth round: Competitors will submit their Home Jumpers.
The Fifth round: Competitors will submit their Away Jumpers.
The Sixth round: Competitors will submit their Clash Jumpers.
The Seventh round:Competitors will submit everything that they have done over the competition. This round is worth double.

Finals

The top 4 will play in a finals series. 1st will play 2nd in a qualifying final in which the winner will get automatic qualification to the grand final. The loser of the qualifying final will play the winner of 3rd vs 4th in the elimination final in the semi-final. The winner of the semi final will play in the grand final against the winner of the qualifying final. The way the finals will work is competitors will submit their round seven entries in every match that they play in the finals. People will vote in every finals match. The competitor with the most votes wins their finals match.

Last edited:

Grandsun

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
AFL Expansion Competition

Description
The way that this competition will work is Competitors will be randomly drawn a location that an AFL team could work in (for example Canberra, Tasmania, ect...).

What will they have to do?

Competitors will have to create a logo, Home, Away and Clash Jumpers , a describe how their club entered into the AFL, to show where home ground will be (for example google maps) and it's capacity (must be realistic).

The current max of teams is 12 but more can be added if needed.

How To Win

The rounds will work by people giving out votes to the best design/description that they see in the round.The only thing that will be on the ladder will be the amount of votes that people get. The person that gets the most votes will be first on the ladder.

Rounds
The First round: Competitors will submit their logos and names of their teams.
The Second round: Competitors will have to submit a description of how they got into the AFL.
The Third Round: Competitors will have to submit their Location, capacity and description (what it looks like) of their stadium (can create a design of their stadium if wanted.
The Forth round: Competitors will submit their Home Jumpers.
The Fifth round: Competitors will submit their Away Jumpers.
The Sixth round: Competitors will submit their Clash Jumpers.
The Seventh round:Competitors will submit everything that they have done over the competition. This round is worth double.

Finals

The top 4 will play in a finals series. 1st will play 2nd in a qualifying final in which the winner will get automatic qualification to the grand final. The loser of the qualifying final will play the winner of 3rd vs 4th in the elimination final in the semi-final. The winner of the semi final will play in the grand final against the winner of the qualifying final. The way the finals will work is competitors will submit their round seven entries in every match that they play in the finals. People will vote in every finals match. The competitor with the most votes wins their finals match.
I'm keen however it basically is NAFL...

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Not sure how many history nerds like me are on this board but I got this idea for a competition when I was day-dreaming during the final minutes of my Yr 12 History SAC...

Historical Team Competition

Participants will chose a nation/empire/group from history and build a team around that idea. For example; A team called the French Revolutionaries.

Each participant will design a logo, standard home kit, and what I want to call a Fable kit.

The 'Fable kit' is essentially an alternate kit but it must depict a story about your chosen historical faction. Whether that be a war in that nations history or the nations origins e.g. a Roman Empire team could depict the story of Romulus and Remus

It will be a 1v1 standard competition but I do have a radical idea in mind...

My idea is called the Alliance Round.
In this round, teams will be sorted into two sides (the method of which I have not determined, possibly by ladder position.) and rather than voting head to head it will be the alliance as a whole.

Anyway, I can understand if people find this a bit lame or boring, and I only imagine this being a niche kind of comp, maybe 8 - 10 ppl max. But nevertheless, I believe this kind of competition would be really unique to BigFooty and those who enter might even learn a bit along the way.

Edit: forgot to state the obvious :p No offensive team e.g. Nazis. I usually wouldn't have a problem but it would be for BF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Not sure how many history nerds like me are on this board but I got this idea for a competition when I was day-dreaming during the final minutes of my Yr 12 History SAC...

Participants will chose a nation/empire/group from history and build a team around that idea. For example; A team called the French Revolutionaries.

Each participant will design a logo, standard home kit, and what I want to call a Fable kit.

The 'Fable kit' is essentially an alternate kit but it must depict a story about your chosen historical faction. Whether that be a war in that nations history or the nations origins e.g. a Roman Empire team could depict the story of Romulus and Remus

In this round, teams will be sorted into two sides (the method of which I have not determined, possibly by ladder position.) and rather than voting head to head it will be the alliance as a whole.

Anyway, I can understand if people find this a bit lame or boring, and I only imagine this being a niche kind of comp, maybe 8 - 10 ppl max. But nevertheless, I believe this kind of competition would be really unique to BigFooty and those who enter might even learn a bit along the way.

Edit: forgot to state the obvious :p No offensive team e.g. Nazis. I usually wouldn't have a problem but it would be for BF.

Dibs on Sparta/Ancient Greece

Dibs on Soviet Union

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Thought about doing that, but the Battle of Thermopylae is one of my favourite Greek stories and that movie was just a poor poor retelling (yes I know it was based on an overblown graphic novel, but still).
Well if we're already calling dibs I call the French Revolutionaries. I've just spent the last semester studying about it so may as well put it to good use :drunk:

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Honestly didn't expect to get a lot of support for this idea. But with that said any criticisms or ideas that could build upon my idea would be awesome. If the mods are happy about it I'd be glad to run it sometime.

Just an idea, but potentially participants could choose who they are allied with? Crazy idea and I'm not sure how it'd work but would add a very interesting aspect.
Alternatively just make the alliance based on 1st+3rd+5th,etc.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Just an idea, but potentially participants could choose who they are allied with? Crazy idea and I'm not sure how it'd work but would add a very interesting aspect.
Alternatively just make the alliance based on 1st+3rd+5th,etc.
I was thinking that originally, but then I realized it would end up being FT & Scorcho taking on everyone else :drunk: The latter option is what I am thinking at the moment. I had the idea of having 3 alliances with at least 3 teams in them and the winner of the three would each get a point towards their ladder. In the Alliance Round teams would present their Fable kits. Maybe if I have a few of these sprinkled throughout the season it could make things interesting as they would be different every time. Still need to see what the mods think before this thing is a go. I'd also need some time to plan everything out as it would be my first competition so wont be until a while. Still that gives me more time to sharpen the edges of this idea.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

Mind the Bump :rolleyes:

Mods, what do you think of the concept? Gibbsy crow28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back