Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumper-winning competitions are great... just also give people the option to buy their entries too (i.e. one-off jumpers). Cos some of us are never gonna win comps...

Disagree with this. Everyone on this board at some point had never even considered making a guernsey on paint or photoshop.

If people want to be better, learn, ask for advice, muck around with different ideas. We're all stil learning, even someone like Craegus.

Being a n00b on the FGD board, someone please explain what this 'Jumper-winning competition' is?

A company called teamworks performance that makes guernseys ran a few comps through a user by the name of Kerr4PM where the winner of the comp would have their winning guernsey produced in real life and sent to them.

Amazingly generous of them.

Being a n00b on the FGD board, someone please explain what this 'Jumper-winning competition' is?
Competitions sponsored by sporting apparel businesses, where the winner gets their design made up as a prize! :thumbsu:

If anyone is interested in pricing, feel free to send me an inbox message, email or Facebook message! :)

Done. :)

EDIT:
Been almost a week and it seems my query on @PukkahSports' Facebook wall was removed rather than answered.

I will put this here if people want to discuss further,

....I have been thinking about {this} for a while now (may not be universally accepted or I may be the only one who feels like this, but I think there have been times people in here have been ripped off in the past)

- Not for fun competitions or fantasy league design requests, but for those involving actual production of uniforms or logos to be used on uniforms:

* Specific credit (outside of the forum) or some sort of reward for the winning/chosen designer on these competitions.

-- Especially seen some of these in the past that have had rewards have mysteriously ended with no actual winner/chosen designer and the person who posts the thread also goes missing (which leads me to think that promised rewards were never on the table). Also means that the person who designs something to actually be used will receive some sort of credit for their time and effort.

-- Also means that people don't just come on here expecting a design to be created, instead they should be asking for something and are willing to give back in return.

* Note added that all designs submitted are not immediately able to be used. Winning designer MUST be contacted (by pm) and give their final permission for their design to be used and discussion of any "payment" (by payment I mean that it may just be a thank you, but could also be a jersey/guernsey or gift card/money. Completely up to the designer and person who created the competition to decide upon).

** Any design found to have been used by a club/individual without permission of the designer can be (again up to the designer) challenged as a breach of copyright.

The reason for the above is to actually recognise the work and time put in by the designers on this forum, yes we all design for fun but we should also not be taken for granted. I do thank those who have followed though with rewards/payments for designs, but just as many or even more of these competitions have has the mysterious disappearing member and I am sure that some of our designs are now out there being used without us even knowing. Or if the member decides to not use any of our designs then they should at least notify everyone of this decision.

Now from reading the OP this is a well known club wanting a new logo from someone on here without any mention of a payment/reward. To me this is a club trying to take advantage of the designers on this board to get a new logo created for free instead of paying someone to do it for them (I know there has been mention on the CCSLC that logo designers can charge around $70 per hour for their work, including a link to a blog post about how to decide on how much to charge).

Perhaps the club is willing to do something, but if not I really think that no one should post anything as it is unfair for all of the designers on this board.

Thoughts?

I think we should all stop ruining this thread and let the designing continue. Just because a few guys in here feel a little bit sad because they're not qualified designers and want to be paid like qualified designers. If thats the case then design like qualified designers. I haven't seen one mock up designed to speck yet. But enough of that, back on track.
What's that suppose to mean? I haven't seen you come up with a logo yet.

It depends on who wants to enter. Someone who was offering something for a design would be more likely get more entries and better ones as well compared to a one that did not. However, but providing a prize for the winning design may bring this simple contest into the area of being a contest that needs to be registed to operate. To be offering a prize for a contest may be a problem. When I was watching the Reunion shows of Hey Hey it's Saturday I remember Darryl saying that running contests back in the 1990's was easier, now you have all these legal restrictions.

It depends on who wants to enter. Someone who was offering something for a design would be more likely get more entries and better ones as well compared to a one that did not. However, but providing a prize for the winning design may bring this simple contest into the area of being a contest that needs to be registed to operate. To be offering a prize for a contest may be a problem. When I was watching the Reunion shows of Hey Hey it's Saturday I remember Darryl saying that running contests back in the 1990's was easier, now you have all these legal restrictions.

Officially these are not competitions, they are design submissions that follow a brief, with the chosen designer being paid for their work.

It is called a competition, because that is the best way to explain it on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's that suppose to mean? I haven't seen you come up with a logo yet.
Don't take it as me saying they're trash, a lot of them are very impressive. I'm just saying if it was done by a professional it would come with the colour palette as well as a few different design briefs. Hence charging there fees because of the time it does take.

Don't take it as me saying they're trash, a lot of them are very impressive. I'm just saying if it was done by a professional it would come with the colour palette as well as a few different design briefs. Hence charging there fees because of the time it does take.
Woah, a colour palette? That must take some time! :rolleyes:

Most of the desgins in the Tigers thread are re-coloured logos from other desginers.
And realistically, most club logos in Australia are exactly that as well.
Richmond, West Tigers NRL, Hamilton Tiger-Cats CFL or American college tigers are basically what is being served up, and most likely what will be accepted.
To call anyone's design their own is a stretch, regardless of whether they deserve compensation or not.
For what it's worth, if a designer wants to design and develop his own, good luck to you, but I would suggest this is not the right forum to do so, you would be better off dealing with the club, not some anonymous bloke professing to have authority.
Mowse's Kangaroos froma while back being the classic case of spending a bunch of time on something, and the guy who asked for it wasn't actually part of the team choosing the winner.
Thoguh I think Mowse ended up with a singlet for his troubles. Most don't get anything.

As for the intent of the OP.
Unless the person requesting the logo change is on the club board, there is no reason to suggest this is going to actually be implemented. They might present it to someone, but it's a bigger change around a club than most people think.

All I would consider doing for something of this nature is re-colouring someone else's work.
If you look at most club logos, from Glenelg to Westmeadows that's all they are.
Sometimes they're not even re-coloured, they just have the smaller club name.

Might add an extra minute onto your already two minute design.
Yep, my designs only took two minutes. :rolleyes:

Adding a colour panel could just about get me over the line, because they would then be able to see I used red and white. If I don't add one, they could mistake red for green.

Yep, my designs only took two minutes. :rolleyes:

Adding a colour panel could just about get me over the line, because they would then be able to see I used red and white. If I don't add one, they could mistake red for green.
And what about all your other designs? Where are they? Or your explanation of the design? Plus things you don't include to them like your countless hours of sketching and research. Fair enough you don't need to present all that just get paid $2k for your recolour. Sounds a fair deal.

And what about all your other designs? Where are they? Or your explanation of the design? Plus things you don't include to them like your countless hours of sketching and research. Fair enough you don't need to present all that just get paid $2k for your recolour. Sounds a fair deal.
What's your point? I'm not a professional designer so why should I need to show that? No one's asking for the winner to be given $2k.

What's your point? I'm not a professional designer so why should I need to show that? No one's asking for the winner to be given $2k.
No they're whinging about getting $50, which is more than enough.

TRAWP I don't get what point point your trying to get across here. All I can see is you saying professional designers are better, which doesn't really need to be stated.
My point is people whinging for more than $50's for a design like this have nothing to whinge about.

No they're whinging about getting $50, which is more than enough.

My point is people whinging for more than $50's for a design like this have nothing to whinge about.

I am usually a tolerant person (anyone who frequents this board knows that) but I really have had enough of this.

TRAWP you have made your point, some may agree, some don't. Either get over it and move on and become a contributing part of this board ('cause with all this talk about designs and designing, I'm yet to see anything from you), or just go and make your presence known elsewhere, 'cause if you want to keep this attitude/mentality going, it will certainly not be welcome here.

*END ARGUMENT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back