Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt it. The brief of the Premier League competition is to create designs using an existing identity that the club has, it's like when clubs are trying to create pre-season and one-off jumpers. They need to be new, but still have the identity of the club. That is what the brief of this competition is.

And with the Can-Am, you chucked a hissy fit at having to use an Aussie Rules template for your TATC jumper.

No. Keep it to the Premier League. Dylan8, I think you misinterpreted the brief in this competition in the same way in missed the brief in the Can-Am. You are reluctant to create something new and inventive using an existing identity.
There is no misinterpretation. My proposal is to expand the design aspect beyond Aussie Rules to include soccer and a third sport. The reason for this is so we can keep the Premier League/soccer club aspect of the original idea, whilst avoiding the scenario of someone being lazy and merely drawing the club's current kit on an Aussie Rules template; which will happen, I can see it already.

When I first read the brief, I thought it was an EPL version of the reimagining comp we had a few years back. Using the teams existing identity and ideas, create a set of kits that are for the club without using past designs. We've proven that we can all do this, we don't need to make it harder than it should be

There is no misinterpretation. My proposal is to expand the design aspect beyond Aussie Rules to include soccer and a third sport. The reason for this is so we can keep the Premier League/soccer club aspect of the original idea, whilst avoiding the scenario of someone being lazy and merely drawing the club's current kit on an Aussie Rules template; which will happen, I can see it already.
And what's to stop people copying the clubs home jersey for their Football template. In the original Tri-Cup [which featured the Aussie Rules, Football, and basketball template], I believe that we were also not allow to copy the design straight from the original club. It was also about trying to get a clubs identity to fit on a range of templates.

IMO this would be better off restructured into a revival of the tri-cup, which I have been thinking about, recently.

Doing it this way would ensure no one can just enter a club's current kit on a footy template, which WILL happen. We'd need a third sport, though.
If this was to happen (if enough people are keen and prefer it to the Premier League), I'd be happy for someone to take the reins and run it. If the Premier League idea ends up happening, I'd be happy to run it, but maybe someone else could do one of the divisions if they are keen, as I may not have time to run both.

hey I'm sure this has probably been done before, but what about a comp for designing non top flight soccer teams? Every week last weeks winner picks a team from one such league, the winner picks the next. For example we could start off with say Portsmouth FC, the winner then picks a second or third division German club like St Pauli.

Thoughts?

It'd be one competition.
Sorry, I didn't phrase that very well. I meant if the tri-cup doesn't end up happening and its just the Premier League part (which would most likely have two divisions so it doesn't go for so long), then one of those divisions could be run by someone else.

Have no idea about designing or anything really about this board, but saw that Hong Kong (cricket) have announced a competition to design a logo for the East Asia Cup between themselves, Japan, South Korea and China. More details here, prize of Hong Kong signed T20 world cup jersey
http://hkcricket.org/en/news/2016-East-Asia-Cup-logo-design-contest/605/

Hahaha thanks mate!! Let me know how you guys go if you end up creating something!

Oh and give Viper a listen, best rap this side of 2000

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're probably right, they fizzle out participation wise these days which is annoying

cannavo what happened to your weekly comps
Would've loved to really get back into designing, but in the 3(?) months that I've been back I'm pretty sure that the World Cup comp has been the only one open.

Drastically different from when three years ago there would be several a week.

Would've loved to really get back into designing, but in the 3(?) months that I've been back I'm pretty sure that the World Cup comp has been the only one open.

Drastically different from when three years ago there would be several a week.
Yeah, totes. The imbalance of league comps is a bit much.

I would love to see another straight up AFL clash jumpers comp. Wasn't that mooted like a month ago? Must have fallen off the radar.

Yeah, totes. The imbalance of league comps is a bit much.

I would love to see another straight up AFL clash jumpers comp. Wasn't that mooted like a month ago? Must have fallen off the radar.
wizardwaffle s Clash Jumper comp is probably my all time favourite.

I'd be happy to do it again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back