Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

Poster 1: Oi campaigner who made the rankings, I'm heaps better than Poster 2, he's a s**t campaigner.
Poster 2: Nah Poster 1 you *head you're a s**t campaigner.
I don't see much point for a rankings system to be honest.

Yeah I'm really not keen on implementing any ranking system, even if it is for use in just the one comp. Will just lead to people getting annoyed at their given rankings and has the possibility of people trying to "pull rank" which is something we really don't want or need.

If we're doing a knockout comp, I think having no seedings would be better anyway. Some of the heavyweights might knock each other out early leaving it open for some "magic of the cup" runs for those who would otherwise be lower ranked. Gives everyone plenty of hope.

Yeah I'm really not keen on implementing any ranking system, even if it is for use in just the one comp. Will just lead to people getting annoyed at their given rankings and has the possibility of people trying to "pull rank" which is something we really don't want or need.

If we're doing a knockout comp, I think having no seedings would be better anyway. Some of the heavyweights might knock each other out early leaving it open for some "magic of the cup" runs for those who would otherwise be lower ranked. Gives everyone plenty of hope.
Fair call

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm of the opinion that things like merger of the week can be redone every few years.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Been there done that ages ago.
I don't remember doing that. There was MergerMania but that was a portfolio. Besides if it was done ages ago it gives the new guys a chance to do the old comps - I know I missed some really good comps.

I don't remember doing that. There was MergerMania but that was a portfolio. Besides if it was done ages ago it gives the new guys a chance to do the old comps - I know I missed some really good comps.
We're coming close to the end of teams for Clash of the Jumpers so it'll be good to have something low key to do when that's finished.

Around the early 12-13 mark when I was lurking they were on.

There was the CCCC a while ago. Cross Code Comp which I was thinking of restarting soon (hopefully).

Hey guys, new concept that I hope Gibbsy or crow28 will be on board with.

Sort of inspired by my old design forum (pixel art) which had a large wrestling fan base, I was thinking of perhaps running a bi-annual "super card". So basically you'd have a series of matches on each card where the designers follow a stipulation and design based upon it. You could even incorporate the FJGD Heavyweight Championship into it, as well as perhaps another title for developing designers as well and introduce collaboration matches.

For instance:

El Scorch vs. Bacon Warrior for the FJGD Championship
Stip: Re-brand a fictional sports team

Freight Train Vs. lmach
Stip: Create a new AFL expansion club

Collaboration
Dylan8 & Gibbsy Vs. craegus and akkaps
Stip: Each designer must do one each of a home and away jersey set for the Australian Boomers

There could be any number of matches based on interest, could set up matches between equal tier designers. Could also have contender matches so whoever wins a match faces the champion on the next card.

Sort of inspired by my old design forum (pixel art) which had a large wrestling fan base, I was thinking of perhaps running a bi-annual "super card". So basically you'd have a series of matches on each card where the designers follow a stipulation and design based upon it. You could even incorporate the FJGD Heavyweight Championship into it, as well as perhaps another title for developing designers as well and introduce collaboration matches.

For instance:

Freight Train Vs. lmach

Collaboration
Stip: Each designer must do one each of a home and away jersey set for the Australian Boomers

There could be any number of matches based on interest, could set up matches between equal tier designers. Could also have contender matches so whoever wins a match faces the champion on the next card.

Certainly has potential, I like the one on one match ups idea, but I would be hesitant on the collaboration part, not because of how people would work together, but rather with peoples schedules/availability, it may make it a bit too hard to find times to discuss the designs, share critiques, unify designs, etc.

Certainly has potential, I like the one on one match ups idea, but I would be hesitant on the collaboration part, not because of how people would work together, but rather with peoples schedules/availability, it may make it a bit too hard to find times to discuss the designs, share critiques, unify designs, etc.

It would come down to who wants to do a collab. No one would be forced. :)

For instance:

Freight Train Vs. lmach

Collaboration

How would the people being matched up be decided?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back