Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

Would anyone be down for a re-hash of CCCC? (Cross Code Combination Competition)
Basically you need to combine an AFL team with a team from another sport - rugby league, American football, soccer, netball, anything (except Australian Rules). However, there must be some sort of connection between the teams - mascot, name, colours, location, or something more creative. Each entry must include an Australian Rules guernsey, but possibly a kit from the other sport chosen. Away jumpers, clash jumpers, preseason jumpers, special one-off promotional jumpers, and team logos can also be included. Shorts and socks are optional. Maximum five entries per person; one image per entry.
I'll leave this here. Wouldn't mind trying this out.

Saw this on the AFL Facebook new pop up:

Competition: In 25 words or less, tell us why you should be chosen to design a New Era Cap for you and your favourite AFL Player.
To enter, submit your response, with your full name, date of birth, city of residence, team and favourite current player to consumercapcompetition@afl.com.au

For T&C’s visit afl.com.au/competitions

17761041_10154495861096417_6147329363158896291_o.jpg

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/AFL-New-Era-Competition-Ts-and-Cs-2017-FINAL.PDF

Here is an idea for a competition. Based on the Carlton "Blueout" jumper, design a jumper for any AFL club for any reason. The designs will be judged on the actual design and the reason for wearing the jumper. The Carlton "Blueout" jumper was designed to honour of street names synonymous with the suburb that is the home of the Old Dark Navy Blues, the Carlton Football Club.

A tribute to the suburb of Carlton, the new look guernsey takes inspiration from the traditional bluestone appearance commonly discovered in heritage streets throughout the suburb.

With the bluestone look sublimated in the guernsey, the "Blueout" will see a navy monogram on the navy guernsey for the first time in the Club’s 153-year history. In a further change, the playing numbers on the back of the guernseys are keylined and the word ‘CARLTON’ is proudly displayed on the back of the jumper, replacing the crest which used to sit above the number.

Can you create a better design for a clubs jumper for a reason.

Hey Guys, this is my idea for a competition.
Its a fantasy test cricket competition with an auction, club logo designing, and the actual season. There are ten teams run and created by graphic design users with a logo that buy players from an auction, then compete in a season using a book.

If you guys think this suits the cricket forum more than this one then please tell me.

Thanks for your time

Hey Guys, this is my idea for a competition.
Its a fantasy test cricket competition with an auction, club logo designing, and the actual season. There are ten teams run and created by graphic design users with a logo that buy players from an auction, then compete in a season using a book.

If you guys think this suits the cricket forum more than this one then please tell me.

Thanks for your time
We have already had a cricket competition. And the result are usually decided by designs, not cricket scores.

But if you are interested in fantasy cricket, this might interest you.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/bigfooty-fantasy-cricket-league.36/

Competition Idea: Over the past week I've come up with the idea of making a 'Latin American' Footy League competition. This is similar concept to craegus's Can-Am Competition but will be based in the regions of Mexico, Central America, The Caribbean and South America.

The name I have made for the competition is La Liga Latina - meaning "The Latin League" in Spanish. I think it's a rippa name however it's still in its drafting stages.

Depending on the amount of submissions and entries, I'm figuring there will be divisions in the comp, most likely split by region
e.g. teams located in Central America in one division, teams located in Caribbean in another etc.

The competition will feature the usual Home and Away uniform entries but instead of Clash uniforms I will introduce a 'Fiesta' uniform. This is similar to the clash uniforms however the uniform will predominately feature the teams 3rd colour. Similar to the NFL's Colour Rush (see here: http://www.nfl.com/photos/0ap3000000701993)

I've made a logo for the league already so If anyone's interested I'll share it.

Competition Idea: Over the past week I've come up with the idea of making a 'Latin American' Footy League competition. This is similar concept to craegus's Can-Am Competition but will be based in the regions of Mexico, Central America, The Caribbean and South America.

The name I have made for the competition is La Liga Latina - meaning "The Latin League" in Spanish. I think it's a rippa name however it's still in its drafting stages.

Depending on the amount of submissions and entries, I'm figuring there will be divisions in the comp, most likely split by region
e.g. teams located in Central America in one division, teams located in Caribbean in another etc.

The competition will feature the usual Home and Away uniform entries but instead of Clash uniforms I will introduce a 'Fiesta' uniform. This is similar to the clash uniforms however the uniform will predominately feature the teams 3rd colour. Similar to the NFL's Colour Rush (see here: http://www.nfl.com/photos/0ap3000000701993)

I've made a logo for the league already so If anyone's interested I'll share it.
what does the logo look like

what does the logo look like
I made this with my mediocre Photoshop logo making skills :p
I can't exactly remember what the 4 stars are for but I'm pretty sure it's represents the four regions of the league; Mexico, Central America, Caribbean and South America. And just for the record the cross on the left is not an Iron Cross and doesn't have any correlation towards it either. It's used to represent the predominately Christian background of the regions within the league.

Was originally planning on leaving the whole middle space blank but it just looks boring hence the composition.
latina liga logo.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no way you'll get enough entries to split up the regions so I reckon you have to go for just a single league.
Think the colour rush kit has some potential, although the way you have it means that everyone needs three colours.
Another suggestion I would have (I've thought about this sort of a comp too) is to have a rediculous amount of sponsors required on the guernsey. A lot of the Latin American football teams i see on FIFA and whatnot have many sponsors all over the jersey and so adding this could give the comp a different sort of challenge and look to FIRA, CAN-AM and the NAFL.
I'm not really feeling the logo either, feels more Portuguese than Uruguay or Jamaica. Something like the Liga MX, logo or the Copa America as Fizzler suggested would be cool.

There's no way you'll get enough entries to split up the regions so I reckon you have to go for just a single league.
Think the colour rush kit has some potential, although the way you have it means that everyone needs three colours.
Another suggestion I would have (I've thought about this sort of a comp too) is to have a rediculous amount of sponsors required on the guernsey. A lot of the Latin American football teams i see on FIFA and whatnot have many sponsors all over the jersey and so adding this could give the comp a different sort of challenge and look to FIRA, CAN-AM and the NAFL.
I'm not really feeling the logo either, feels more Portuguese than Uruguay or Jamaica. Something like the Liga MX, logo or the Copa America as Fizzler suggested would be cool.
Hmm feedback duly noted. Just curious but has anyone made an African Footy League?

Personally I think we don't need any more league competitions at the moment. We have NAFL, Can-Am, AAL, CCRC, T20, FIRA and the FLO. It's plenty (no offence magpienato). Maybe look at boosting the weekly comps which have been seeing a massive slump lately, not including the recent Tasmanian What If

Maybe look at boosting the weekly comps which have been seeing a massive slump lately
I doubt anyone can be bothered (besides cannavo , I appreciate his commitment) to put together any weekly comps when the top designers on here don't bother entering. I know I chose Tassie for what if because I hoped it would push the number of entrants past a handful.

Just wanted to throw NAFL womens into the ring as a possibility. Basically just using NAFL identities and making minor variations to them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
it didn't get too much support in the one off vote, so I can't see it getting too much traction. Also it wouldn't be just minor variations as there is no way that people will be revealing their this season's design in a pre season comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back