Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

The whole idea of the comp is that people want to improve their skills and as such want to draw something like a terrier.

It's not difficult, it's just a skill you need to develop. I encourage everyone to have a go.

okay then dont enter and stop dissuading people

I am not dissuading people, I am just saying for a first choice it isn't exactly the easiest choice to encourage people to get into it (remember round 1 of this comps original run was Port, which was a logo everyone could attempt and then got harder from there).

*Revised IFL proposal - basically forgetting the entire last proposal and starting again.*

Proposal IFC - Intercontinental Football Championship

IFC%20Small_zpsbzbpjn2a.png

The world football confederations have come together to create a brand new form of the World Cup. This version features the champions of individual confederations regions and no longer gives preference to the stronger confederations in terms of nations that represent the regions.

This will be a weekly competition that then becomes a knockout competition to determine final winner.

How it works:

Each week/fortnight designers create a home and away kit (in a single entry) for a national football team from one of 16 separate football regions. Each region is taken from the actual FIFA football confederations regions (should they have one, if not they will have a single representative).

Groups would be (including number of possible country choices):

AFC - West Asian Football Federation (12), Central Asian Football Association (6), South Asian Football Federation (7), East Asian Football Federation (10), ASEAN Football Federation (12)

CAF - Union of North African Football Federations (5), West African Football Union (16), Central African Football Federations' Union (8), Council for East and Central Africa Football Associations (12), Council of Southern Africa Football Associations (14)

CONCACAF - North American Football Union (3), Central American Football Union (7), Caribbean Football Union (31)

CONMEBOL (10)

OFC (11)

UEFA (55)

Anyone can enter and possibly even enter multiple times with different nations with a single poll to determine which designs will move on to the finals. As all entries will be a single image there will be no home or away games and people will vote on the entire set rather than just on a single kit. National flag designs will also be discouraged in favour of designs that are more thought out.

Once each region has its design week and poll to choose a representative a 16 team knockout competition will be held (over a single week/fortnight) to determine the final winner of the competition.

*Revised IFL proposal - basically forgetting the entire last proposal and starting again.*

Proposal IFC - Intercontinental Football Championship

IFC%20Small_zpsbzbpjn2a.png

The world football confederations have come together to create a brand new form of the World Cup. This version features the champions of individual confederations regions and no longer gives preference to the stronger confederations in terms of nations that represent the regions.

This will be a weekly competition that then becomes a knockout competition to determine final winner.

How it works:

Each week/fortnight designers create a home and away kit (in a single entry) for a national football team from one of 16 separate football regions. Each region is taken from the actual FIFA football confederations regions (should they have one, if not they will have a single representative).

Groups would be (including number of possible country choices):

AFC - West Asian Football Federation (12), Central Asian Football Association (6), South Asian Football Federation (7), East Asian Football Federation (10), ASEAN Football Federation (12)

CAF - Union of North African Football Federations (5), West African Football Union (16), Central African Football Federations' Union (8), Council for East and Central Africa Football Associations (12), Council of Southern Africa Football Associations (14)

CONCACAF - North American Football Union (3), Central American Football Union (7), Caribbean Football Union (31)

CONMEBOL (10)

OFC (11)

UEFA (55)

Anyone can enter and possibly even enter multiple times with different nations with a single poll to determine which designs will move on to the finals. As all entries will be a single image there will be no home or away games and people will vote on the entire set rather than just on a single kit. National flag designs will also be discouraged in favour of designs that are more thought out.

Once each region has its design week and poll to choose a representative a 16 team knockout competition will be held (over a single week/fortnight) to determine the final winner of the competition.
im in

One slight problem, no one (besides you) likes netball.
If you or anyone else dares to piss on my favourite sport I would like to peacefully discuss why netball is so s**t in your opinion.
I was never any good at it in PE class.
What? That's your only reason?

I get you're taking the piss but come on man, you can do better than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you or anyone else dares to piss on my favourite sport I would like to peacefully discuss why netball is so s**t in your opinion.

What? That's your only reason?

I get you're taking the piss but come on man, you can do better than that.
I was really just doubting your ability to get enough support to run a netball design comp, but seeing as the Netball Australia has obviously done very well to put netball in schools to the point where kids put it on the same level as football, cricket and rugby, perhaps I am wrong.
I tend like sports that are quite open like AFL or soccer rather than games like Rugby (although this is mostly just because I'm from SA) or Netball which are more restricted in their play imo. If you like it then you do you, but personally I can't watch it and there is nothing you can say to convince me otherwise, just like I can't convince you that it is a crap sport that isn't worth your time.

I was really just doubting your ability to get enough support to run a netball design comp.
Got to start small, not everyone is going to join the first time, and that's fine by me. I'm sure there was a time where the NAFL didn't have enough interest to run a reserves competition.
Netball Australia has obviously done very well to put netball in schools to the point where kids put it on the same level as football, cricket and rugby, perhaps I am wrong.
I think it is reasonable to put netball in the same category as cricket, soccer, rugby, Aust. rules, etc. Obviously different states will have different interests in sport (see the Barassi line), and again, that's fine by me.
I tend like sports that are quite open like AFL or soccer rather than games like Rugby (although this is mostly just because I'm from SA) or Netball which are more restricted in their play imo. If you like it then you do you, but personally I can't watch it and there is nothing you can say to convince me otherwise, just like I can't convince you that it is a crap sport that isn't worth your time.
And cut. This is not about the actual sport itself, it's about the idea that a competition should be run designing uniforms for such sport. I feel like we're getting off topic here, and as much as I like an argument, this isn't the place.

Feel free to PM me if you want.

I'd probably enter a netball comp if I had the time.

Do a proper proposal SilvaComet so people know what they're voting for. You'll need a logo, competition structure, basic requirements etc etc etc.

Based on last year's start times, upcoming comps to watch out for are as follows.

NAFL (footy) - Thread up NOW - Start November
T20A (cricket) -Thread up NOW - Start December
FIRA (footy) - Thread December - Start February
CCRC (rugby) - Thread February - Start March
AAB (basketball) - Thread February - Start April
FLO (soccer) - Thread March - Start May

Given that, if you wanted to run a short, non-footy competition, i'd be aiming to get the thread up as T20 Australia starts and having the comp run in January and February. Short and sharp are the order of the day for a new comp in a non-popular sport, you'd probably only want it to run for a few weeks, a month at most. If it's popular you can expand it for the following season. I'd also recommend keeping it to 1 kit for year 1 at least.

That's IF you get the relevant likes.

I'd probably enter a netball comp if I had the time.

Do a proper proposal SilvaComet so people know what they're voting for. You'll need a logo, competition structure, basic requirements etc etc etc.

Based on last year's start times, upcoming comps to watch out for are as follows.

NAFL (footy) - Thread up NOW - Start November
T20A (cricket) -Thread up NOW - Start December
FIRA (footy) - Thread December - Start February
CCRC (rugby) - Thread February - Start March
AAB (basketball) - Thread February - Start April
FLO (soccer) - Thread March - Start May

Given that, if you wanted to run a short, non-footy competition, i'd be aiming to get the thread up as T20 Australia starts and having the comp run in January and February. Short and sharp are the order of the day for a new comp in a non-popular sport, you'd probably only want it to run for a few weeks, a month at most. If it's popular you can expand it for the following season. I'd also recommend keeping it to 1 kit for year 1 at least.

That's IF you get the relevant likes.
Can I call it the Australian Netball Associates League?

I'll probably get something up this week if not tonight.

And cut. This is not about the actual sport itself, it's about the idea that a competition should be run designing uniforms for such sport. I feel like we're getting off topic here, and as much as I like an argument, this isn't the place.
You wanted to hear a real reason, there it is.

ot to start small, not everyone is going to join the first time, and that's fine by me. I'm sure there was a time where the NAFL didn't have enough interest to run a reserves competition.
This is mostly going off the fact that both you and Lynton have both proposed it in the past and it has got zero traction. I guess it only takes one netball hater to come out and say it won’t work for everyone to get on board, you’re welcome!

I think it is reasonable to put netball in the same category as cricket, soccer, rugby, Aust. rules, etc.
I’d have to disagree, clubs needing AFL partners to stay afloat in the Australian league (which I assume is the biggest) would suggest that it isn’t on the same level.

Logo is subject to change:

qNKQycv.png

Approximately 10-16 teams – Or however many decide to enter, I will not go ahead with under 8 participants.

Timeframe: Three weeks to design. Two pools will divide the teams based on aesthetics and/or location. Teams will play once against every team in their pool, with each round's poll being up for three days. Top 2-3 teams from each pool will make the finals series (dependent on entries) (1 week).

Designs: Home dress (must include position bib), Away dress optional.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back