Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

Logo is subject to change:

qNKQycv.png

Approximately 10-16 teams – Or however many decide to enter, I will not go ahead with under 8 participants.

Timeframe: Three weeks to design. Two pools will divide the teams based on aesthetics and/or location. Teams will play once against every team in their pool, with each round's poll being up for three days. Top 2-3 teams from each pool will make the finals series (dependent on entries) (1 week).

Designs: Home dress (must include position bib), Away dress optional.

Unlikely that I will enter, at least at this stage, but if you want you can have my failed IFL logo for this competition. I'd hate to see the logo go to waste (recolours are available if you these do no suit but you want the logo).

ANLLogo_zpslwgcrbkq.png

Unlikely that I will enter, at least at this stage, but if you want you can have my failed IFL logo for this competition. I'd hate to see the logo go to waste (recolours are available if you these do no suit but you want the logo).

ANLLogo_zpslwgcrbkq.png

That logo is like the CCRC logo in that it's great for this sort of thing but the small text is entirely superfluous and it should just have ANL.

Otherwise use this one Silvacomet.

Last edited:

That logo is like the CCRC logo in that it's great for this sort of thing but the small text is entirely superfluous and it should just have ANL.

Otherwise use this one Silvacomet.

Ok redesigned logo package:

Primary logo (for use in threads)
ANLLogo_zpsegsibip7.png

Partial logo (for use on kits)
ANLLogo%20edit_zpsejyvdg8b.png

Alternate partial logo (potentially for use on kits)
ANLLogo%20grad_zps5shmywj4.png

ANLLogo_zpslwgcrbkq.png

Looks great.

I'd either use it with the white patch or able to be recoloured white or black for use on the actual kits.

Just on netball, it's a wildly popular sport. Second only to soccer in the most played sport in the country if memory serves me.

It's just less popular on these boards because of the massive sausage fest we have going on.

Plenty of good opportunity for people on this board to design out of their comfort zone.

Just on netball, it's a wildly popular sport. Second only to soccer in the most played sport in the country if memory serves me.

It's just less popular on these boards because of the massive sausage fest we have going on.

Plenty of good opportunity for people on this board to design out of their comfort zone.
I'm happy to push myself outside of my comfort zone, just like when I entered AAB despite knowing nothing about basketball. But seeing as though I've made some posts outlining why I personally don't like Netball and commenting on this 'sausage fest' you speak about, and being called out for it (whilst dancing around using 'the s word'), it has kind of put me off.

I'm happy to push myself outside of my comfort zone, just like when I entered AAB despite knowing nothing about basketball. But seeing as though I've made some posts outlining why I personally don't like Netball and commenting on this 'sausage fest' you speak about, and being called out for it (whilst dancing around using 'the s word'), it has kind of put me off.
No malice intended, I'm always an advocate for people pushing themselves out of their comfort zone.

The sausage fest is just a result of this being an internet forum about sports and specifically sports design. All things that tend to be more of interest to dudes. Nothing particularly wrong with it, it is what it is.

No malice intended, I'm always an advocate for people pushing themselves out of their comfort zone.

The sausage fest is just a result of this being an internet forum about sports and specifically sports design. All things that tend to be more of interest to dudes. Nothing particularly wrong with it, it is what it is.
I didn’t take it with any malice and I hope my reply didn’t come off in any sort of aggressive way towards you, becuase that certainly wasn’t my intention.

I guess I’m just a bit pissed off about the way this whole thing went and if I had my time again I would have just not commented anything, becuase I don’t have the time nor energy to be the villain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ANLLogo_zpsegsibip7.png

Looks good, my thoughts are to recommend the gradient logo for predominantly white kits.

What's the required amount of votes for a bid to be accepted?

Here's what I've got in mind.

Untitled.png

This is a rough idea so far but I reckon it's necessary that we actually do roughly map out when competitions are run. Most run for 2-3 months so we can mark that down as how long they'll go for, and we'll assume the comp will end any time in the light blue months in the schedule. Also the bidding and submission period for competitions shouldn't go for longer than 2 months.

If we're real, we've tried doing short turnaround and long turnaround on entries, and the amount of people who fail to submit is the same regardless. So we'll just had a standard of two months so there isn't too much to work on for those who want to try to enter everything.

I've tried to make it so there isn't much of a gap between footy competitions but they aren't running at the same time, and the same with non-footy competitions which should run slightly staggered but alongside the footy comps.

The first five are basically set in my mind due to precedent but I guess there's some flexibility depending on what the people who usually run them want to do. Obviously I've tried to make it best case too, it doesn't have to be perfectly staggered and all that.

I understand this is a total wall of text but do give it a read, particularly if you're a regular comp runner. It should benefit the board to always have a league competition running and another to work on instead of having too many at a time and none at other times.

Some concerns:
Spanna_ will you be able to run the CCRC at any point next year? I know you'll probably be really busy.
Freight Train when were you going to run FLO again and is the above fine? Would you be open to shifting it to a later date?
craegus I have the Can-Am somewhere in the early winter period, maybe it should start a bit later than what I have down. Usually it's roughly started in July, right? Maybe a June start so it's right between NAFL and FIRA.
akkaps are you going to run FFL again?

View attachment 435786

This is a rough idea so far but I reckon it's necessary that we actually do roughly map out when competitions are run. Most run for 2-3 months so we can mark that down as how long they'll go for, and we'll assume the comp will end any time in the light blue months in the schedule. Also the bidding and submission period for competitions shouldn't go for longer than 2 months.

If we're real, we've tried doing short turnaround and long turnaround on entries, and the amount of people who fail to submit is the same regardless. So we'll just had a standard of two months so there isn't too much to work on for those who want to try to enter everything.

I've tried to make it so there isn't much of a gap between footy competitions but they aren't running at the same time, and the same with non-footy competitions which should run slightly staggered but alongside the footy comps.

The first five are basically set in my mind due to precedent but I guess there's some flexibility depending on what the people who usually run them want to do. Obviously I've tried to make it best case too, it doesn't have to be perfectly staggered and all that.

I understand this is a total wall of text but do give it a read, particularly if you're a regular comp runner. It should benefit the board to always have a league competition running and another to work on instead of having too many at a time and none at other times.

Some concerns:
Spanna_ will you be able to run the CCRC at any point next year? I know you'll probably be really busy.
Freight Train when were you going to run FLO again and is the above fine? Would you be open to shifting it to a later date?
craegus I have the Can-Am somewhere in the early winter period, maybe it should start a bit later than what I have down. Usually it's roughly started in July, right? Maybe a June start so it's right between NAFL and FIRA.
Yeah probably will find juggling a competition along with other stuff pretty difficult, so I'm happy for anyone to take the torch from me to run CCRC next year.

View attachment 435786

Some concerns:
Why not present like this?
upload_2017-11-10_18-43-21.png
Also should I revive ANAL?

I like the idea of having the big 3 footy comps pretty strictly mapped out so they're spaced out pretty evenly.

I like capping the lead in at 2 months prior to the comp start. 2 months is ages to put an entry together, but not too long that interest burns out.

As for comp selection, I think we've got a good mix. NAFL is obvious, and Europe and North America are the obvious places to stage the other majors. We don't need big league comps located anywhere else.

As for non-footy, FLO and CCRC have been going strong for a couple of years and are obvious and popular sport choices which will generate plenty of interest.

I think we can change the name and structure of those comps if they're getting stale, but 3 x footy comps, one for soccer and one covering both rugby codes is a good mix for big comps.

Outside of that, I don't believe we need any big 3 month comps. I think other sports either arent popular enough on the board or don't have an interesting enough design aesthetic to warrant a long competition. People lose interest.

For these sports (see T20, basketball, netball, ice hockey, American football, baseball, field hockey, whatever), the sweet spot is a quickfire 1 month comp which has short rounds, a single kit only, a simple concept and doesn't outstay it's welcome.

As much as I like baseball and think it has an interesting design aesthetic, emulating a 162 game MLB season is going to get boring fast.

These short comps don't have to run annually, they can just be one off. They could even be used for footy ideas outside of the big 3, like a NSW state league or a High School national championship or something.

I don't think we should discourage league comps, they are a great comp style and unique sports are fun to design for. We just need to keep them short and interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back