Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is a contest for everyone. Over 18 weeks with one club a week, design the clash strip for each club.

So we would start with Adelaide, and people entering would have to design a alternate strip for the Crows that doesn't clash with the strips of clubs that their home strip does already. So an entry would be the strip design and the names of the clubs it will be worn against. There will be no 70% white rule, no dark or light colours rule, it is up to the designer to create a jumper that doesn't clash

At the end of the week of designing all entries will go into a vote to decide with eliminates all clashes caused by that clubs home strip. So by the end of the 18 weeks of voting we will have a set of alternate strips for each club.

After reading Stormy2's Thread of the Year for last year people should have different ideas on what should clash or not. After the rules in the Hawthorn alternate jumper contest said the jumper has to be 70% white, then you look at the Essendon "Heritage" Strip and the Richmond Clash Strip and there isn't any white at all, what are the rules? In this contest you decide what they are.

G'Day all..
I was hoping I could get the ok to start a thread to have my footy clubs logo updated/stylised... There will be a prize to the winner such as a polo with new logo, certificate of appreciation and possibly a Guernsey or small money value... The logo would be used from 2017 and Also the possibility of the same person designing a special 40year logo for 2018.. Feel free to ask any questions. I look forward to a reply
Cheers

G'Day all..
I was hoping I could get the ok to start a thread to have my footy clubs logo updated/stylised... There will be a prize to the winner such as a polo with new logo, certificate of appreciation and possibly a Guernsey or small money value... The logo would be used from 2017 and Also the possibility of the same person designing a special 40year logo for 2018.. Feel free to ask any questions. I look forward to a reply
Cheers
Feel free to flesh out a brief and make a thread.

Can't make any promises that people will give you anything, however, as these competitions have a tendancy to turn awry and people have been burned.

Best of luck.

For real life competitions and requests:
If it is a basic request, please see the Official Request Thread. If you want to run a competition for something that will be used in real life, ie a new logo for your footy club, post a thread with a brief detailing what you are after and what the prize or reward will be for the winning entry, if there is one.

Note that there will be a notice attached to the OP cautioning posters that their work may not be used, as we've had problems with external competitions in the past - people disappearing with no explanation after entries have been submitted.
If the design will be used in any commercial purpose, proper transfer and compensation must occur. This must be between the designer/author and the entity wishing to use the design, and not BigFooty itself or the moderators.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Australian Football World Cup

Design a Home and clash jumper for a country of your choice to compete in a short sharp, 2/3 week knockout Cup competition.
I really hope there's a rule that says no flag designs.

I know Olympic ideas have been floated before, however I wouldn't mind seeing a different sport having kits designed (using adidas) each fortnight by designers on here.

The Australian Football World Cup

Design a Home and clash jumper for a country of your choice to compete in a short sharp, 2/3 week knockout Cup competition.
Mod approval and we have 10...

I was thinking of making a Pacific Footy League with Pacific countries including New Zealand. With a pool competition them going into a finals knockout series. Thoughts???

Let's bring back a much loved weekly competition with a twist.

We all enjoyed the European-isation of Logos so why not re do this with a slight alteration?

My proposal:- Amercanised Logo of the Week.

Run the same way as its predecessor, I'm not sure there needs to be much description. Each round will be open for a week with 4 days of voting.

We all enjoyed the European-isation of Logos so why not re do this with a slight alteration?

Run the same way as its predecessor, I'm not sure there needs to be much description. Each round will be open for a week with 4 days of voting.
Americanized pls

What is an American logo style or some of the traits you'd associate with them?

Americanized pls
Good point
What is an American logo style or some of the traits you'd associate with them?
From what Ive seen, American logos tend to follow one (or more) of the following rules;
- The head of their animal nickname (Arizona Cardinals, Jacksonville Jaguars, Toronto Bluejays)
- A monogram consisting of two or three letters in a large typeface (See most University/College teams)
- A large wordmark with surrounding details (Tampa Bay Rays, Blazers, Atlanta Braves)

The MLS logos however, are exceptions to these rules

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back