Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

Won't lie this has me wondering how a comp where one of the rules is that all entries must be on the same program with the same template would go.

Actually TBH I kinda wanna see that.

We've talked about it in the past but ultimately you'd have to choose paint, because it's the only ubiquitous program, and then a lot of people (myself included) probably couldn't be bothered.

View attachment 640163

You saw it here first folks!
Beautiful template. They've even added the shape of the AFL logo :)
Coinciding with the upcoming release of the new Avengers: Endgame film, anybody interested in doing a quick 1 round comp based on the concept above? Just meaning for it to be a bit of a piss-take and hopefully people will have fun with it.

Was thinking we could allocate one team to any participants and they have to design a Marvel superhero inspired guernsey. Out of all the entries, we will vote for which one is the best (just like WiW and Thirds)

Coinciding with the upcoming release of the new Avengers: Endgame film, anybody interested in doing a quick 1 round comp based on the concept above? Just meaning for it to be a bit of a piss-take and hopefully people will have fun with it.

Was thinking we could allocate one team to any participants and they have to design a Marvel superhero inspired guernsey. Out of all the entries, we will vote for which one is the best (just like WiW and Thirds)

You don’t need a comp for that. Just make a workshop thread and anyone interested can have a go at whoever they’d like.

Had an idea to do a historical Jumper League? Using footyjumpers.com you could choose a season throughout history, or go in order, or go in order while skipping maybe 5 years. Doing a H&A season probably isn't feasible, so maybe could be a Knockout comp or even just a straight poll.

Footy-To-Futbol.png
Once again, adopting European football traditions
The 2020 AFL Season will see all 18 clubs sporting a somewhat different look!
We say goodbye to the "Same jumper, different year" trend
All clubs home kits will be a slight variant of the traditional kits
ala European football clubs kits every year
Disclaimer: This has been done before but it's worth a revival!

I was thinking about a 'Looking into the future' direction
Entries include the 2019 jumper next to your idea of a 2020 home jumper
then a 2021 home jumper idea to follow (can be used as like a rumored jumper)

If not, we can keep it simple and just make slight alterations to the clubs 2019
Home, Away, Clash jumpers like the old comp or just the 2019 Home jumper​

Didn’t we start this ages ago? Never went though all 18 clubs. Wanted to though.
Disclaimer: This has been done

Yep, It was in 2013 and it got plenty of attention. The board needs a weekly comp and this would be a great revival for a comp that never fully finished

I'm gonna stop you right there. I think we should take the opposite approach and cool our heels on the comps for a little bit. We're struggling for numbers in the major comps as it is.
Yeah fair enough. It's just the void of not seeing an active competition that isn't a league one that bugs me a tad. I have the 10 likes but I'll start it a bit later, no rush :thumbsu:

Yeah fair enough. It's just the void of not seeing an active competition that isn't a league one that bugs me a tad. I have the 10 likes but I'll start it a bit later, no rush :thumbsu:
Mate, I'm one person. If you've got the likes, go nuts. I'm just voicing an opinion based on dwindling activity in major comps in the past 6-8 months. I'd be taking notes of those who have liked the post though and put the wood on them to contribute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sup.

More of an idea for a portfolio, but something's recently given a bit more clarity to an idea I've always had.

As a kid I used to have a weird interest in indoor soccer and handball. Never followed them but I'd always be chuffed when they'd pop up on SBS and used to always vote for handball or indoor at phys ed all through school. I always played a lot of indoor, five-a-side soccer too and I guess a lot of it goes back to ramshackle jumpers-for-goalposts at one end and trees-for-goals at the other lunch time games.

Anyway, I've considered coming up with a sport or a made up league but it just seems a bit lame and it just never seems inspiring enough.

Later this year, Perth's going to host a six-a-side 'World Cup.'

Teams from all over the world with ex-professionals like Landon Donovan are playing, it'll be on a park overlooking the Swan River and Perth city, and have a little temporary arena put up.

But the name is pretty lame and franchised sounding and it just doesn't stick. 'Minifootball World Cup.' Bleeeeeeeefhfhv.

With Nike involved, I thought it could be cool to come up with a name for the sport or the competition. Something that taps into the Brazilian or English or Spanish makeshift versions of the game. A catchy word. Perth isn't especially ripe with projects but considering this is going to be played on a river, looking toward a skyline, with sunrises and sunsets and blue skies and all that... there's lots of iconography to latch onto. Oranges, blues, yellows, greens, whites...

A name, a logo, the ball, court colourway, and a fresh approach to national colours could be interesting. No Brazil in yellow, white, and blue. Maybe nations can only use their usual colours for shirts or shorts – Holland in sky blue tops with orange shorts, England in two-tone blue. You know.

Okay, we're about 2 hours from the end of FLO and everyone has their Can-Am entries in, so it's time to fill the void with another quickfire comp.

PAXwmDR.png

2019 Bondi Beach Flag Football Invitational

Flag Football is a modified rules version of American Football, where players wear a belt and have a velcro flag hanging from each hip. A tackle is made by removing a flag from the ball carrier. There is also a smaller field, less players, and a few other rule differences. This competition will take place on Australia's most famous beach.

The structure of this competition will depend on the number of entrants, but will likely consist of a short group stage followed by knockout finals, similar to the soccer world cup. The aim will be to have the competition run for less than a month.

Entrants will design 1 flag football uniform. That will consist of:

- A padless American Football style jersey
- Soccer style shorts
- A visor style cap
- A bespoke logo which can be used on the uniform if desired, but must be included somewhere in the entry. No borrowed logos.

Because of the low contact nature of the sport, no pads or helmets are worn. Because this competition is held on the sand, no shoes or socks will be worn.

As with a couple of of my other quickfire competitions, we'll do a draft for location and primary colour to add to the fun and challenge.

Attachments

• 1562078671288.png
    1562078671288.png
    56.9 KB · Views: 133
Okay, we're about 2 hours from the end of FLO and everyone has their Can-Am entries in, so it's time to fill the void with another quickfire comp.

PAXwmDR.png

2019 Bondi Beach Flag Football Invitational

Flag Football is a modified rules version of American Football, where players wear a belt and have a velcro flag hanging from each hip. A tackle is made by removing a flag from the ball carrier. There is also a smaller field, less players, and a few other rule differences. This competition will take place on Australia's most famous beach.

The structure of this competition will depend on the number of entrants, but will likely consist of a short group stage followed by knockout finals, similar to the soccer world cup. The aim will be to have the competition run for less than a month.

Entrants will design 1 flag football uniform. That will consist of:

- A padless American Football style jersey
- Soccer style shorts
- A visor style cap
- A bespoke logo which can be used on the uniform if desired, but must be included somewhere in the entry. No borrowed logos.

Because of the low contact nature of the sport, no pads or helmets are worn. Because this competition is held on the sand, no shoes or socks will be worn.

As with a couple of of my other quickfire competitions, we'll do a draft for location and primary colour to add to the fun and challenge.
Love the idea! Will definitely be giving this a crack.
Depending on when this is held (if it is), I'd love to monitor the level of participation to suss out whether a standalone Gridiron competition is as viable as I think it will be during the NFL season.

Love the idea! Will definitely be giving this a crack.
Depending on when this is held (if it is), I'd love to monitor the level of participation to suss out whether a standalone Gridiron competition is as viable as I think it will be during the NFL season.
I did think about holding it off to later in the year but I think it will work well as a warm up event for your fully fledged Gridiron comp.

Keen to run this comp but I probably need more than 7 likes. Anyone else keen and willing to like the above post? I'm certain I'll get more than 7 entries.

Keen to run this comp but I probably need more than 7 likes. Anyone else keen and willing to like the above post? I'm certain I'll get more than 7 entries.
cosimo and The Half Back were keen on my other gridiron comp. You guys want in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back