Discussion COMPLETED eBay Auctions of AFL Guernseys - NO LIVE AUCTIONS

Remove this Banner Ad

Picked up this one for $185. Apparently has been stored in a plastic bag for most of its life. Signature of Bernie Quinlan and comes with COA.

That is unreal.

Not sure if this is the right thread, but did anyone see the 1995 green long sleeve player issue guernseys on Fremantle's auction website? Managed to snaffle one myself, but from having a quick glance over what was happening with the others (there were probably about 30 up there), it seemed like a decent amount of them went to the same user.

Not sure if this is the right thread, but did anyone see the 1995 green long sleeve player issue guernseys on Fremantle's auction website? Managed to snaffle one myself, but from having a quick glance over what was happening with the others (there were probably about 30 up there), it seemed like a decent amount of them went to the same user.
Jesus really? I was having a look last night and most were sitting at about $350, $260ish at the least. I can't really afford that as cool as they are, and I'll no doubt regret it, but I'll tell myself I had uni instead and couldn't make it happen regardless...

How could someone afford that much though, really? Aren't you better off spending another two grand and buying some safe shares!?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus really? I was having a look last night and most were sitting at about $350, $260ish at the least. I can't really afford that as cool as they are, and I'll no doubt regret it, but I'll tell myself I had uni instead and couldn't make it happen regardless...

How could someone afford that much though, really? Aren't you better off spending another two grand and buying some safe shares!?

Collectors, for the most part, collect because they love it. I think the vast majority of collectors who get into it to make a profit are going to end up being disappointed. You could just as easily compare the cost of some of the listings to a pretty big night out.

They went pretty cheaply, compared to what I was expecting. Some of the finishing bids were pretty interesting though: Chisholm went for nearly twice as much as Bell.

https://auctiondesq.imgstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=resultslisting&CategoryID=3823&OrgID=1746
Strange a team pulling out 19 year old guernseys for auction, Especially a team that doesn't need the coin

You have to wonder if some clubs operate like something out of a movie and they were just clearing out an old cupboard and found all these 1995 guernseys that have never been worn. The other thing is, if they were looking for a bit of money from them, they could have easily just put 4-5 up there to start with and they probably would have got over $1000 for each of them, I'd imagine. And then you just drip feed the rest over the next few months. Geelong does the same thing at the end of the year, putting literally hundreds of PI guernseys up at the same time, with the auctions ending at the same time and you end up being able to grab the guernseys of star players for about the same price all-up as a standard retail.

I'm not complaining though. I've scaled back my collection to just focus on Geelong stuff (and cut down on that too), but how can you say no to something like that? Inaugural season and one of the most delightfully horrific guernseys in the history of the league. And a long sleever, to boot!

The club is celebrating 20 years i think. So maybe the auction coincides with that. Terrible colours though!! But a nice piece of history if you like Freo.

I'm looking for some Port Adelaide Magpies players badges from the late 80s and 90s. I'm looking for players like Tim Ginever, Scott Hodges, George Fiacchi, Paul Northeast, Darren Mead, Rohan Smith, Michael Wilson, Greg Philips, Gavin Wangadeen or any other Port Adelaide players from that era. If you have any I would be interested in buying them!

1996 Centenary player issue away

It has been signed by the 1998 team:confused: Not really sure why, and that is a little dissapointing, especially to have names on there that were'nt on our list in 1996. Still very hard to find these days, would much prefer it had no sigs at all but didn't want to let it slip just because of that.

Number 37 on the back, was worn by the very deocrated Craig Smoker, who played a grand total of 0 games for us!!

IMG_9505.JPG
IMG_9507.JPG
IMG_9508.JPG

Picked up a few items from the Lions auctions.

I got two of these player issues HoF jumpers, one allocated and signed by Leuenberger, the other by Jack Crisp (not match worn as either were not selected to play in the game) - $160 each.

I then picked up Crisp's name jumper (again he didn't play so it isn't match worn) - $100.

Also got one of these for $70, it's a commemorative jumper for the 2011 Queensland floods (signed by Bergs). Again, I don't think its match worn as Leuenberger missed that game as well. Pretty neat and rare jumper I thought.

I also picked up this Mal Michael banner for $22. I think its from the 10 year anniversary dinner since the establishment of the merged club.

The Lions shop also gave me free postage for all the items bought.

The reason I bid on a couple of Jack Crisp jumpers is because one, he has a good name, two, a relatively low jumper number (#5), no one was bidding on his items (instead having bidding wars on Brown, Black and Rockliff jumpers) and I think he will be a future gun for us (well I hope so, lel).

Surprised I was able to pick up two of Leuenberger's jumpers for minimum price as well.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back